Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
ANY FIXXES FOR THE LOSI's 8IGHT T STEERING PLAY AT FULL TURN, an WHEEL WOBBE? >

ANY FIXXES FOR THE LOSI's 8IGHT T STEERING PLAY AT FULL TURN, an WHEEL WOBBE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANY FIXXES FOR THE LOSI's 8IGHT T STEERING PLAY AT FULL TURN, an WHEEL WOBBE?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ANY FIXXES FOR THE LOSI's 8IGHT T STEERING PLAY AT FULL TURN, an WHEEL WOBBE?

I have a electric 8T truggy, and ever since it was brand new the FRONT WHEELS would wobble if u hold the truggy with one hand and hold the right or left front wheel with the other hand u can jiggle/wobble the wheel an has about 2mm of play, mainly the Rim feels lose from the Spindles...Also i have tryed 2-3 sets of new rims & tightend the wheel nut down very hard, BUT no change... (EVEYTHNG IS TIGHTEND DOWN AS FAR AS IT CAN BE/GO)

Plus when u have the STEERING all the way turned to the right or the left there is alot of play in the tierods linkage, an Spindles/Spindle Carriers...When turned all the way the inside wheel has more play then the outside wheel, inside rim/wheel has 2-3mm an the outter rim/wheel has about 1-2mm, OR IT MITE BE THE OPPESIT i dont have my truggy infront of me right now...

I just redid the steering system on my truggy, New tierod ends/ballcups, New plastic Spindles, New plastic Spindle Carriers, and New bushings for the spindle/spindle carriers...
Also is there anyway to stop or lessen the front rims 2mm of play/wobble on the cvd hub? i only have been useing losi's first version of there truggy rims, i bought an have ton of them..

HOW DID U, OR HOW CAN I GET RID OF THE JIGGLE/WIBBLE/LOOSE STEERING?
(if i buy the losi aluminun spindles & aluminum spindle carriers will it help take some play out of the steering system? btw i already have the aluminum servo saver on my 8T)

HAS ANY ONE TRYED THE NEW VERSION OF LOSI RIMS OR PROLINE RIMS FOR THE 8IGHT T, DO THEY HAVE LESS PLAY?

ALSO MY FRONT TIEROD END/BALL CUP , THE ONE CONNECTED TO THE SPINDLE TO PUSH OR PULL TO TURN, IT KEEPS POPPING OFF ON HARD LANDINGS OR CRASHES AN ONLY ONE WHEEL STEERS, IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN BUY TOO STOP THIS, OR SOMETHING I CAN MAKE, I WAS THINKING OF PUTING A WASHER OVER THE RODEND, BUT THE STEERING BALL's HOLE DOSNT LOOK THREADED SO THERES NO WAY FOR A SCREEW TO HOLD THE WASHER DOWN/ONTOP OF THE RODEND..post a pic if uve done smothing like this, or link to a pic of on that someones done.....

IS THERE ANYONE THAT MAKES BALLS THAT HAVE A HOLE IN TOP AN U CAN PUT A SCREEW IN IT?

List what u got an have done to help stiffin the steering up...

Now im not sure if 1/8th scales are all spose to have play in the steering an rims, as this is the first 1/8th i ever owned.. i ran 1/t0h scales over 13+years an they have tight steering, so im not sure if 1/8ths are spose to be the same?

Last edited by xtremelimits285; 07-16-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Try the Nitro forum. Even though yours is electric, I'm sure the steering system is the same as a stock 8T. I'm sure someone over there would know.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

this is typical for the Losi 8/8T.

Losi has a shim kit that will tighten things up a bit but will still have a little play.
LOSA6230

Use the big shims on the axles before they get into the bearings and hubs.

A guy at my local track just showed me this "fix" on his 8T 2 weeks ago and it does tighten things up.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

I have the same problem on my 8ight buggy. =/

Sucks to hear it's normal - steering slop seems to be a major oversight to me, in that it can have a very negative effect on the handling. How exactly do you use those shims to tighten it up?