Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

when will i be able to buy one
Old 09-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyDad View Post
The X-60 will be T4 based.

What you saw on Brian's truck was just Brian trying things. He does that. You can fit anything with time and a Dremel.

Don't forget, what you see until the actual kit is in the box are just working prototypes. At times, you may see odd things on them. We try things to see what they will do. My X-60 has a rather interesting shock setup on it. It will never make production but it was fun seeing what it would do.
What shock setup is it?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SpeedyDad View Post
I'm running them on my X-60 currently
The QC question was going to be my first one thanks. Question 2, If converted, will you be able to go back to stock? Here in Ga. we got varying track conditions, and it might be better to go back to stock. I could get a second T4 to leave stock if i needed.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkey View Post
when will i be able to buy one
Hopefully, mid to late October if all testing goes well.

Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
What shock setup is it?
Truck front shocks on all corners, a special short rear shock tower, and a leaned in custom front shock tower, all to run a low profile body. It worked fine, but wasn't 100% optimal. I'm back to the standard AE truck shocks for testing of final components.

Originally Posted by crazyjr View Post
The QC question was going to be my first one thanks. Question 2, If converted, will you be able to go back to stock? Here in Ga. we got varying track conditions, and it might be better to go back to stock. I could get a second T4 to leave stock if i needed.
Nothing of the T4 is modified or cut in any way. You could put it back to a T4 if you wanted (or build a 2nd X-60 for other tracks). We have found that the X-60 can go from varied track conditions with little change to setup.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

How about some clear and detailed pics since the kit has already raced at some major events... it certainly can't hurt especially if you mention any needed disclaimers....
Old 09-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

The true kit has not raced at any races yet. All the trucks that have been raced are hand-built prototypes built by myself and Brian Kinwald. The only pre-production actual molded parts completed so far are the rear arms.

We'll get more pics out when we get closer. The production chassis will be a little different than the pics that have been posted so far. Be patient. Work is being done as fast as can be.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Chazz took quite a few detail pics at the Nat's of our trucks, hopefully those can be posted when we get our galleries up.

Crazyjr - yes, as SpeedyDad said you'll be able to convert back without a problem, though given it is a chassis change it wouldn't be something I'd want to try at a track. What kind of conditions are you worried about? I've been running my X - 60 at a blown-out gas track here in Nashville with really good results.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Paul_Sinclair View Post
Chazz took quite a few detail pics at the Nat's of our trucks, hopefully those can be posted when we get our galleries up.

Crazyjr - yes, as SpeedyDad said you'll be able to convert back without a problem, though given it is a chassis change it wouldn't be something I'd want to try at a track. What kind of conditions are you worried about? I've been running my X - 60 at a blown-out gas track here in Nashville with really good results.
What i was refering to was if i know the track i'm going to is nasty bad and i don't have a good setup, I can revert back to my known setup as a T4. I wouldn't want to rebuild the truck at the track myself. Just saying till i know the X-60 could handle it, I wanted it where i could revert back. As said, I could buy a spare and keep it till i get a good setup if necessary
Old 09-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Michigan has a ton of loose dirt, blown out tracks and the X-60 has been doing really well on them. I'm running the shocks of my GT with the same pistons/oil/springs and I haven't seen a reason to make a change yet. The 4-gear trans and the mid-motor positioning makes for a heck of a truck.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul_Sinclair View Post

Paul - I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to it! Glad to see X-Factory covering all 3 major Off-Road Classes now! I still remember the early days with just the X-5...
Old 09-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default X-60

I have driven Speedy Dads X-60 here locally and i like the way it feels over my T4, My home track is SRS the home of the Cactus Classic, Even the first version that i drove. It seem to handle better than a T4, but it also depends on your diving style, It seem to be able to dive into the corners better. Dont get me wrong i love my T4FT but this could give the X-Factory line the push it needs to put more kits on the Podium.

P.S. Good work on the X-60 Speedy Dad. See you and Penquin Back at SRS after States.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Cowboy. See you after States.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

all i know i built 2 from the x-6 kit 4 chassis for indoor offroad carpet racing it rock

tq with them.

when they come out i`m going to get two of them

i will be going to the crcrc race in jan. can`t wait to meet you

speed dad what the height of the rear shock tower
i have been using b4 rear shock on my

rick seffrood

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service