Old 12-04-2008, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Old 12-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

hi

do you know what the cost of the x-60 will be

who care when you got to have one he with the most toyz win.

Last edited by gone banana; 12-05-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Are there any dis-advantages of a Mid-Motor truck so far from testing? I am working on a project of my own

I only see advantages so far from moving the weight from behind the rear axle to in front of it.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Rick - Look for a big announcement tomorrow; Kits will be shipping in the very immediate future. I'm sorry we didn't get the kit out in time for the race at Trackside; I know you were pretty excited about that but there's not much we can do when suppliers don't get stuff to us in time. The truck will be more than worth the wait, I assure you!

y2kgtp - Being completely honest, I haven't found a disadvantage yet. Moving the weight forward obviously changes the moments, but we've worked hard to keep the weight distributions very close to the other cars out there. With the introduction of Lipo (allows you to put weight where you want) and the truck's increased length this has been really easy to achieve. I don't feel my truck is at any disadvantage on the track, and it certainly corners harder and jumps better (more controllable) than anything else on the track.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul_Sinclair
y2kgtp - Being completely honest, I haven't found a disadvantage yet. Moving the weight forward obviously changes the moments, but we've worked hard to keep the weight distributions very close to the other cars out there. With the introduction of Lipo (allows you to put weight where you want) and the truck's increased length this has been really easy to achieve. I don't feel my truck is at any disadvantage on the track, and it certainly corners harder and jumps better (more controllable) than anything else on the track.
That's how I feel as well. Acceleration should have less front end lift, due to the weight in front of the rear axle, instead of the motor behind. I would think this would provide a bit more on-power steering as well as the buggy won't be able to lift the front end as easily.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default x-60

i think the x-60 take the best of a xxx-cr and the best part of the T4 to make it a super truck

for my pcs. together one i like the way it jump flat and goes though the turn it feel like the t4

i race my x-60 at marcca.com it a indoor offroad carpet track with 3 ft high table top that be turn into a 4ft. 8ft or12 ft or 16ft. i like 8 foot better,,, we change the layout every weekend so you have to find a setup the will work every weekend

my setup is the same Jeremy Felles it work all time time for me
Old 12-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A couple questions guys:

Can I get some setup ideas for Losi shocks? I actually preferr them to Assoc.

and a starter gear ratio for 13.5/17.5

Can't wait to place the order.

Paul
Old 12-05-2008, 01:34 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Paul - There's going to be two set-ups in the kit, one for losi shocks and one for AE. Totally understand liking Losi shocks better . The AE shock one was posted above by Jeremy, so here's the Losi one:

Front: CL 1B with 2 washers, 30* caster blocks moutned forward, trailing axles at middle height, 0 bump steer washers, steering ackerman forward, -1 camber, slight toe-in
shocks: Losi, mounted 2/2, Red springs, 56 piston (red), 30 wt oil, .090" limiting inside

Rear: Transmission lowest setting (no washers), 4* toe block, .030" antisquat shims, CL 1B with no washers, Arms and Hubs in the center
shocks: Losi, mounted 2/3, Pink springs, 56 piston, 30 wt, no limiting

ride height: set the cvd's level in the rear, then adjust the front so the chassis is level.
1 oz of weight in the rear of the chassis, a half-oz on either side of the motor

With a 13.5 I geared my truck at 26/78 (the 78 spur will come with the truck) and it felt right on - motor got a little soft at the end of a 7 minute main with 2 minutes of warm up; it was great for 5 minute runs. With a 17.5 I'm not quite sure where I'd start so I'll let others comment.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

hi after two rounds i`m setting 16th

first round my truck kept looping out got 18 laps round two
tried different tire it help 21 laps know hoping to get 23 laps in the next round
Old 12-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
Are there any dis-advantages of a Mid-Motor truck so far from testing? I am working on a project of my own

I only see advantages so far from moving the weight from behind the rear axle to in front of it.
I currently have a electric converted RC10GT, the only disadvantage i see so far, is i have my weight too far foreward. I will post pics if requested, but don't want to step all over this great thread. My conversion uses an RC-Monster Revo motor mount adapter and a custom plate to make it work, I think it moved the motor too far foreward. On good traction (on-road, to tacky dirt) its pheonomal, but on sandy or slick surfaces, its hard to control. I currently run the hardest front and softest rear associated springs available and it takes some of the edge off. I am very intrested in getting a couple of these, I want one for a racer T4 i got and the other is to replace the GT project. It looks like from the pics, you guys (X-Factory) have got the weight dist. down pat, I can't wait to get one or two
Old 12-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

i hope to have a better day watch it on liverc.com
Old 12-07-2008, 09:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Where is gonna be the quickest place to get the conversion kit from?

I've been watching this for a long time and would like to have one of the first kits out.

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

hi i think the kit will out this week or next not sure

i`m hoping it this week
Old 12-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

hi
i think the kit will be out this week or next not sure

i`m hoping it this week
Old 12-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidR
Where is gonna be the quickest place to get the conversion kit from?

I've been watching this for a long time and would like to have one of the first kits out.

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Your local X Factory dealer will be the fastest way to get an X 60.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.