R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #31
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipTie View Post
You must know that 90% of the 4wd's, use a saddle pack configuration. If it takes 1 more Buggy to make up Team Orions mind, cool, but that is a very weak excuse not to produce lipo sadlle packs or wait any longer to go into production. How about jumping in and continue to produce top of the line products for the RC world.

Lead, dont follow.

Best Regards!
Team orion is coming out with 3 brand new lipo packs next month. Kokam needs to produce thousands of each one so that they can go all over the world. Unfortunatly Kokam doesn't have enough time in their production schedule to produce another battery. And we refuse to go to anyone other than Kokam due to their superior quality.
Mr. devenwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #32
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Understood, and thanks for clearing that up for us. I know I will be buying the new packs once they are released for my B4 and Cyclone.

Tekin, Panther
ZipTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #33
Suspended

Thumbs up AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

CYCLONE....................... ..................!

I will be purchasing those new packs also when the HotBodies D2 is Released New ride for the Winter! ..................
losidriver70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What is the voltage across each half of the saddle lipo at full charge? One would hook them up in series when using them (to stack the voltage?)
tom_chang79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #35
Tech Adept

that hasn't been established yet
Mr. devenwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see a lot of guys have a lot of love for all of these no name lipo's. Wasn't it just a year ago people were deathy afraid of these batteries. Now people will buy the cheapest lipo out there because it's cheap. Kokam is a huge player in the lipo world. Not the rc world the whole world. These batteries are known to be the safest around. I know if Orion made a saddle it would probably be a little more money and a lot of people would probably just go out and buy the cheaper pack not the safer. I understand their hesitation. I see the bottom line quickly taking over this hobby. I'm glad they didn't just throw a sub par battery togther just to have a saddle even though they know people would buy it. I do hope they will develop a saddle pack, but i do understand where they are coming from.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf View Post
I dont think i would say the Track Power fits in a 4 wheel. To make it fit correctly you need to buy aftermarket stuff otherwise it hts the center shaft. That and it is quite a bit taller than what was posted by Roar to be legal. I have never been able to get a good aswer why they were approved.I am a proud supporter of Orion and i am ure if it was easy to do thye would have had them out by now. They have always led the pack in Lipo(pun intended) why stop now.
LETS NOT FORGET THAT TRAKPOWER ALSO HAS A SMALLER SADDLE WHICH IS THE 3200. THESE ARE NOT NEARLY AS TALL AS THE 4800'S AND I HAVE MANY PEOPLE BUY THESE AND RUN THESE. APPARENTLY THEY ALSO WORK VERY WELL IN THE XX-4. MORE OPTIONS ARE COMING GUYS, ALL THESE COMPANIES ARE RACING TO GET MORE PRODUCTS TO US BUT THEY ALSO DO NOT WANT TO PUT OUT BOGUS STUFF. PATIENCE.
Team Driver for: Proline, Team Epic/Trinity, Hex Crew, Bulldawg R/C, Speed Demon Hobbies ~~~~TEAM CRUNCHY~~~~
Bulldawg RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #38
Tech Regular

man those kokam cells are the best i have the orion 4800 brick in my sp lazer and i also have a cor rc 5000 mah andthe orion is 100 times the battery the orion pack gets about 2-3 min. longer run time. and has an overall smaller foorprint my core pack is hell getting it in my kyosho but that orion just slides in. ya orion by far makes the best lipo pack and i dont wanna see them go cheapo wich i know they wont. heck look how long it took them to release their new .21 nitro motor.
charly71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

You could always wait for the SMC pack. I'm sure everyone will be very impressed with it.
DavidAlford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg RC View Post
LETS NOT FORGET THAT TRAKPOWER ALSO HAS A SMALLER SADDLE WHICH IS THE 3200. THESE ARE NOT NEARLY AS TALL AS THE 4800'S AND I HAVE MANY PEOPLE BUY THESE AND RUN THESE. APPARENTLY THEY ALSO WORK VERY WELL IN THE XX-4. MORE OPTIONS ARE COMING GUYS, ALL THESE COMPANIES ARE RACING TO GET MORE PRODUCTS TO US BUT THEY ALSO DO NOT WANT TO PUT OUT BOGUS STUFF. PATIENCE.

Any idea what kind of run time they are getting with the 3200 and say a Mamba 6900 motor.
Dave Walton is offline   Reply With Quote