Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Mamba Max with Sensored Motors >

Mamba Max with Sensored Motors

Mamba Max with Sensored Motors

Old 06-15-2008, 12:56 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i thought this was a known quantity that similar to reinventin the wheel, mambas and sensors dont mix

R
Old 06-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As far as I know, mambas have been known to work with just about anything, sensorless, sensored, brushed. With the 1.17 update everything runs smoothly also. The hacker E40 sensored motor even crawls with no cogging.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:16 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Low_E
the CC-motors are not aproved because they can't be opened and have bolts sticking out on the side which makes the overall diameter larger then the max span a motor can have, according to ROAR-regulations. Without those bolts and if the motor could be opened, they would be ROAR-legal, I guess.
I can see it being a problem if you ran in the 13.5 or 10.5 class but if its mod class I don't see the big problem as it is mod. Hell in mod guys get to run all kinds of prototype stuff and they are worried about a motor in the mod class!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny thing is at are track when a ROAR even is held attendance goes down and when it is a normal race or a cash race the attendance goes up. Don't pay for are track to run ROAR anything other than if the shop wants to make less money. Are owner isn't into loosing money.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I ran the MM with a Novak 10.5 It ran ok, but did have some cogging. It just seemed a little off. I talked to Castle tech support and they told me that some Novak motors work fine, others cog a little. I didn't care for it, so I returned the MM.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

A Sensorless ESC can run any sensored or sensorless motor, however a sensored ESC can only run a Sensored motor.

I have run my MM with pretty much everything from a 4.5R to a HV long can Novak sensored emaxx motor and they all work. The Castle or Tekin sensorless motors will work the best with the ESC though.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

I have a good news for all racer from Mr Del castillo , the boss of Castle Creation :

The Mamba max Pro:

Up to 5S lipo
Switch BEC
Improved heatsink with FAN in option
Sensor Connector (holy **** they did it)!
Slighly lower current handling
Price of the Mamba max

Basically a competition ESC, with boat load of feature for a good price, and no more BS about cogging or "it's a bashing setup"

"The Mamba Max Pro is the next generation Mamba Max -- not released yet (reworking it in parallel with the Monster.)
Slightly lower current handling than the Mamba Max, but adds a switching BEC, up to 5S operation, fan option, better heat sink, and a 5 pin "feature" connector (that can be used for hybrid sensored/sensorless operation.)
The Mamba Max will remain in production -- mostly because some people will want the higher current capability of the Mamba Max. The Pro has slightly lower current handling because we decided to add features but keep the cost similar (fewer FETs, but better heat sink and other features.)"
Old 06-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

nice,...
but what does "slightly lower current handling" mean?
Will it be less performant then the MM? (give less amps?)

ANd how will it be compared with a Sidewinder?

but I guess, it' s too soon to get those questions answered?
Old 06-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Mamba max is about 100 amps continous (and it's real world rating !)
Sidewinder is around 70 amps
Mamba max pro will be in between both. Knowing Castle, Mamba max is a "extreme" brushless setup. I guess it will handle ANY 1/10 motor easily
Old 06-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think its kinda dumb that the mamba motors aren't 'roar legal'. I heard that Novak had much say in the rules.

to bad modified isnt more open-ended then it is. slowing the cars down
Old 06-19-2008, 04:24 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Mister-T
I have a good news for all racer from Mr Del castillo , the boss of Castle Creation :

The Mamba max Pro:

Up to 5S lipo
Switch BEC
Improved heatsink with FAN in option
Sensor Connector (holy **** they did it)!
Slighly lower current handling
Price of the Mamba max

Basically a competition ESC, with boat load of feature for a good price, and no more BS about cogging or "it's a bashing setup"

"The Mamba Max Pro is the next generation Mamba Max -- not released yet (reworking it in parallel with the Monster.)
Slightly lower current handling than the Mamba Max, but adds a switching BEC, up to 5S operation, fan option, better heat sink, and a 5 pin "feature" connector (that can be used for hybrid sensored/sensorless operation.)
The Mamba Max will remain in production -- mostly because some people will want the higher current capability of the Mamba Max. The Pro has slightly lower current handling because we decided to add features but keep the cost similar (fewer FETs, but better heat sink and other features.)"
Did he post this info on a site or did he give the info to a magazine? I don't think it was to be posted to the best of my knowledge. To be honest I can't imagine that anything was suppose to be posted til it was actually tested and getting actually close to being in production.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:33 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Nik
i think its kinda dumb that the mamba motors aren't 'roar legal'. I heard that Novak had much say in the rules.

to bad modified isnt more open-ended then it is. slowing the cars down
Well if you know who setup the rules its pretty easy to put two and two together to figure out why. No real surprise. The other thing is ROAR would of never go with rules made up by Castle or Tekin because they where basically the only ones doing sensorless setups and would go against some of their big sponsors in LRP and Novak. Again no real surprise. Who are you going to go with, the two that promote with ROAR all the time or the two that don't follow the norm.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Posted on Rc monster forum
Old 06-19-2008, 05:24 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Mister-T
Posted on Rc monster forum
Well I guess the boss wanted the cat out of the bad. I have known about it for months but was told not to post or let anyone know about it. Guess I will need to check with my guy at Castle.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I have known about it for months but was told not to post or let anyone know about it. Guess I will need to check with my guy at Castle.
Maybe the other post was a joke and you just confirmed it! YOU'RE THE LEAK!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

He also said that they have a high voltage 12s controller in the works.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.