Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Rustler XL-5 Questions - Please Reply

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Traxxas Rustler XL-5 Questions - Please Reply

Guys I have ordered a XL-5 and until the shipment reaches I need to ask some questions. I have open this thread for all my XL-5 related questions. So please guide me as I am newbie and never used such vehicles. Thanx.

If u need to see. here is the Order which I made. It may help u to understand the things I am going to have so makes easy for you to answer and comment:

Old 07-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Can u please tell me:

1)Does charging the battery on low amps affects the speed of vehicle? I mean is there any speed difference if I charge at 1 amps or 4amps? Will I get the same speed like 30 to 35 mph? I have no problem in charging at a low amps because I will only manage to operate the vehicle say 20 minutes a day due to my busy schedule.

2) Do u have any idea if the battery is use with proper care how long it will last? I mean whats the life of this battery and how many time we can charge it?
Old 07-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

1. It affects the speed a little, but not very noticeable. But by charging at a little lower amp rate, it will both increase the battery life over a period of time and run a little longer.

2. You should get around 20-30 minutes of run time with it and it should go between 33-36MPH.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
1. It affects the speed a little, but not very noticeable. But by charging at a little lower amp rate, it will both increase the battery life over a period of time and run a little longer.

2. You should get around 20-30 minutes of run time with it and it should go between 33-36MPH.
Thanx for the reply Chris. One last question about Battery is about approx how many times I can charge the battery? I mean when battery will expire and cant be charged further? and how will I know that its time to buy a new battery as this one is going to expire soon?
Old 07-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'd guess more like 12-15 minutes run time. We only get 11-12 minutes from 4600's with brushed mod motors. Bashing it'll usually last longer than all-out racing.

The pack life will vary greatly depending on care and frequency of use but you should be able to get 100-300 cycles out of it if it's used fairly regularly
Old 07-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RC Dad
I'd guess more like 12-15 minutes run time. We only get 11-12 minutes from 4600's with brushed mod motors. Bashing it'll usually last longer than all-out racing.

The pack life will vary greatly depending on care and frequency of use but you should be able to get 100-300 cycles out of it if it's used fairly regularly
Thanx buddy for the reply. If I manage to achieve 300 cycles that would be great. Can u please tell me any special tip to make this battery life longer as u said 300 cycles. Any other tip for first time charge or any other tip please to increase the battery life?
Old 07-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

just every once in a while charge it at a lower amp setting.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
just every once in a while charge it at a lower amp setting.
Thanx a lot Bro for the reply.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Now the time is near, I am going to have the shipment soon. Need to ask few things. As I have already stated I never used such vehicles before so have no idea of anything. I dont know how to setup and charge, connecting the connectors, adapters. Dont know all.

Please tell me the things I need to do when I have the package in my hand with all the accessories I have mentioned above in my first post. Please tell me how to setup the Rustler and make it RTR. Please mention all the steps one by one preferably by numbers like steps 1. and 2. and so on....Until it is ready to hit the road.

A detailed reply is needed and I ll highly appreciate it.

Thanx a lot.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Traxxas directions are very easy to understand you will be fine. Just read everything before you try to figure it out on your own.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by badassrevo
The Traxxas directions are very easy to understand you will be fine. Just read everything before you try to figure it out on your own.
Actualy I am worried about the charging process as dont know how to set the amps and voltage because never seen this charger live and also dont know how to connect the connectors!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Here is the Manual for the charger, http://www.modelrectifier.com/resour...gers/rb960.PDF read it before you get the charger so you are familiar with the set up and operation,
Old 07-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by badassrevo
Here is the Manual for the charger, http://www.modelrectifier.com/resour...gers/rb960.PDF read it before you get the charger so you are familiar with the set up and operation,
Hey thanx a lot Bro for this cool link. Very useful info. I didnt read it completely but will read fully in free time maybe tomorrow. Very nice bro.

Now the thing remain is this thing:

How to setup this? Any special instructions?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Can u please tell me (After watching the accessories I have ordered in my first post) do I need to solder anything as they showed in video?
as on another forum I have this reply from a member:

"solder a male TRAXXAS connector onto the ESC, if you do not know how to solder, return the battery and get one with a Tamiya plug. It is my understanding that the XL-5 vehicles still come with Tamiya plugs, so you're only going to loose power running it through that adapter"
Please reply as soon as possible!
Old 07-11-2008, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

you should not need to solder anything with the adapters you purchased

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.