Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
How big is the turnout at your local track ? >

How big is the turnout at your local track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How big is the turnout at your local track ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default How big is the turnout at your local track ?

So everyone just wondering how the trunouts across the nation are. What would you say your turnout is a on you biggest weekly scheduled race day ?

Is the track indoor or outdoor ?

Does your track have promotions like if you race x amount you run x amount free ? any kinda things like that.

Just gauging how it's going out there !
Old 06-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I'd post a response, but we race at the same track, so you know how turn out has been.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

We are a new track about 3 months into it and still building. Best race day so far was 16 racers, worst day not enough to race.
Out door off road Located in Boerne TX. Also have a hobby shop there.
Tried free race, free food, discounted race. I think its about getting the word out and finding a group of semi local racers.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

we average about 45 guys for onroad and the same for offroad.Best turnout for both have been around 75 guys for either.this for club racing,outdoors.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

We get about 40-50 a week, and a little more on our Summer Series days. We give plexbucks back for 1-3rd, discounted second entry, and lots of prizes at the end of the year.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

At one place I race (1/10th scale only) and we get sign-ups of between 40 & 70 2 Saturdays a month (unless the weather is bad) for off-road. That's in the middle of the SF bay area. Nor-Cal hobbies, Union City CA. They also have a good on-road schedule but I never go so not sure how many show up for that.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Our local track has attracted a few N00bs this year, but the traveling series is almost entirely hard-core racers only. Great talent but low turnout.

Our indoor track had surprisingly good turnout for 1/18th scale on ozite over the winter - 12th pan is all but dead here but still really strong closer to the Canadian border with bigger races going E-main deep this winter. 10th on-road is almost non-existant due partly to small tracks.

Off-road ours is an 1/8 scale track so not too many show for 10th although Electric is having it's first resurgance in 4 years. We have a few now that run electrics with gas truck in RC Pro series and 4WD buggy looks promising. Overall attendance is about 15-20 racers/25-30 cars each race, primarily 1/8 buggy and truggy. There's renewed interest in oval, both dirt and asphalt, but there's only one track for each in the area.

First race is free for new racers here and we run "N00b day" races each spring to get them familiar with the track and format. All races are posted on the hobby shop and local club websites and I've been adding them to event schedules on free sites in the area. Events with trophies seem to attract the biggest turnout.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RBMike
At one place I race (1/10th scale only) and we get sign-ups of between 40 & 70 2 Saturdays a month (unless the weather is bad) for off-road. That's in the middle of the SF bay area. Nor-Cal hobbies, Union City CA. They also have a good on-road schedule but I never go so not sure how many show up for that.
OOPPS, Race-nut beat me to it but we race at the same local track.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Washtenaw RC Raceway

I run an Indoor dirt track in Ann Arbor, MI during the winter.
We race every other Saturday early November thru early March.
Last year we averaged 155 entries a race with a high of 185.
Check out pics at http://www.rcproductdesigns.com/washtenaw_track.htm
Attached Thumbnails How big is the turnout at your local track ?-washtenaw-facility-pic-4a.jpg  
Old 06-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Tallahassee Florida Outdoor Offroad
We get around 25 electric and 25 nitro at our monthly club races.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

S&N's Trackside is THE place to be in the winter months, offroad racing can see up to 80 cars/night depending on which day of the week you showed up. For major events like the Midwest Offroad Championships in December, we can have as many as 180-200 cars, the pits are literally jammed and they've started setting up card tables on the adjacent carpet track.

For the longest time the place would go dead in the summer, everyone's moved outside to race nitro. Carpet racing was pretty much all they'd have, UNTIL last year when the dirt oval thing started to grow. They flattened the offroad layout, bowled each end, put a cross in the center, and now they hold dirt oval and figure 8 races, and there's been a huge response, prolly 50-60 cars per night, with the biggest turnouts being the Stock Slider (bone stock Losi Slider sprint cars, you're only allowed to buy hot-rod batteries & change springs & shock oil) and TCLM, electric touring cars using rubber tires, 19T or equivalent BL motors, and dirt late model bodies.

I'm going to push Scotty Ernst to hold an "Open Show" night like they used to do in the old days, when guys like Bill Prietzel were building freakish creations like "The Wedge" for no rules anything-goes dirt racing in SeWis.
Attached Thumbnails How big is the turnout at your local track ?-wedge_1986.jpg  
Old 06-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

I belong to a club called Dirt Runners in Jefferson, New Jersey (www.dirtrunners.com). We have outdoor off-road and oval racing every two weeks from end of April to September. This year is a little down but we had 72 entries this past Sunday (June 1st). Our "Big race" last year had 140 entries (actually many more signups than that but I counted 140 cars that actually started the various mains).
Old 06-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We average 100 entries on the outdoor offroad. check it out at www.medinarcraceway.com
Old 06-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was looking over the stats from the last 2 weeks of races. Its an indoor offroad track. Club races are Tue. and Fri, Elec. offroad. In the winter months, i think the # goes up because here in the NW it rains and there aren't many options for Offroad. (We do have a couple of indoor Carpet tracks for onroad though.) Offroad track- www.amainraceway.com

We have a Tue. night club race and a Friday night club race. Tue night avg. around 20+ and Friday 30+ with a few people running multiple classes.

There is a traveling series here as well, and I think the #s are higher there because it is a POINTS series. Those races are typically outdoor and mainly 1/8th scale. As summer approaches, i can see outdoor tracks getting more popular.

MOmo
Old 06-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Our monthly trophy races draw about 100 or so entries. Club races maybe 50. Only been around for a few years though (started with just a handfull of guys back then too)

www.sidsraceway.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.