Wiki Posts
Search

OCRC Raceway 1/8th scale conversions

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default OCRC Raceway 1/8th scale conversions

I was just wondering who will be willing to run 1/8th scale conversions at OCRC when it opens. I feel that im the only one interested in this and dont want to be the only one come raceday. I more likely will be there on the 31st for the VIP opening and would love to get this class started off with a bang.

Lets make this class the future of Electric RC
Old 05-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I agree with you that 1/8 electric is going to be HUGE...

but they will also really beat up the track... and if they are just as fast if not faster than 1/8 gas... then don't they really need a bigger track??

I mean, you could run those at any track running 1/8 gas and you will kill some of the nitros... but to put them on a small indoor track and have 10 year olds as turn marshalls ?!?!

Just stuff to think about... I wouldnt want to practice 1/10 buggy (stock) with those things running around...
Old 05-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

We will run ours but not on the 31st
Old 05-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Tech Regular

Drew you have good points there, and i think that they will make rules when they are on the track. Trust me im not out there to tear that track up. Im pretty much a beginner in the track portion of this hobby and you are going to find me more or less a slow runner. yeah my car is fast but i dont think its as fast as some nitros. When Bob Novak created this conversion he only had one thing in mind. "I dont want the car to go faster then nitro, i just want it to be comparable so that electric has a shot on a nitro track".

yeah there are some systems out there that act like they will break the sound barrier but not mine. Especially since Castle is bringing out there MMM that has almost 25 volts of power. Thats just ridiculous. Speed is one thing but you also have to get around the track, and OCRC track will not need alot of motor to get around it. Probally have more run time on lipos since im not going all out speed.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As so Cal vet we had them (1/8th conversions) run in 4wd mod class a few times and at practice. I think if you stick the the plan the guys had there you won't have too many issues. They basically kept there high flying, gotta go wood over the big jumps antics to a minimum during open practice and during the race we were allow communication on the stand to warn each other if one was coming up on us or we were lapping one of them. Most of if not all of them took great care in realizing they could really destroy someones car if they weren't careful. A few of them did get reckless a few times and I think peer pressure on the stand and some stern words from Mike and the fellow racers put them in line. Just realize your big and heavy and take it easy when mixing it up with us and there should be no issues. As a personal note....please mind us XX-4 guys, our parts are getting scarce and we love our fragile little cars to pieces
Old 05-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Oh trust me when i say that i will be more then careful when running with 1/10th scales. If i had one i would run that more often then the 1/8th and save it for REV but the wife and i are looking for a house and i cant even think about getting another car right now, i have way too many.....