What buggy to get B4, XXXCR or RB5?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What buggy to get B4, XXXCR or RB5?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default What buggy to get B4, XXXCR or RB5?

I dont know if anyone has asked this question before or not but I would like to know what the handling differences are between the B4, XXXCR and RB5. I have heard that the B4 has more steering then rear traction, the XXXCR has more rear traction then steering and the RB5 has both steering and rear traction and is the best of both worlds. Im looking for information and input from people that have driven all three buggies. Whats the best bang for the buck as far as handling and jumping?
Old 05-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Buy em all.......
AE......AE.......B4.......AE......AE.........!
Old 05-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I've owned all 3 and so far I'm most impressed with the CR.

In my experience, the B4 will teach you to drive on the edge, the CR will teach you how to push a car...the RB5 is just an RB5...i wasn't impressed.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:57 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

b4
Old 05-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i had the most fun with the rb5, won more with it than the losi and easier to drive fast to.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I've ran the b4 since day one. drove a friends rb5 over the winter and now I'm all about the rb5.. I'm soon to own a second one so i can have a stock and mod set up and retire the mod b4. losi whats that?
Old 05-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would go with B4. U wanna see wat his best part support as well.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can't go wrong with any of the three if you want the truth. It's all in what you like. I currently have the RB5 and am really impressed.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Ditto. All 3 cars are great. I like the Losi for it's workability. The transmission comes out with 4 screws and the parts last a long time. B4's are scary fast but they wear more quickly and when things get a little sloppy, so does the handling. The RB5 is also a great car but parts are scarce and pricey (a set of CVD's can cost $40-$60).
Old 05-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have driven and lived with the B4 and CR and even an X6 for while. David is right on about his assessments. I chose the CR because it can be setup to work well (Jesse Robbers standard clay setup) with little to no push (the biggest complaint about the car) and the best part is the car does not seem to get sloppy nearly as fast as the B4 (a major frustration with the car considering how good it is when its new) and even if it does get sloppy it still works well. For someone like me who practices at least once a week (10+ packs a day) if not more, having a car that works great and stays consistant matters to me the most. Consider your priorities and what matters to you and decide from there. Each car works well and is more than capable of winning. Its more about what you want out of the car in the end that matters the most.

Last edited by Strong Bad; 05-27-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I have a rb five and a b4, I got back into the hobby and dove the rb5 for twelve months it got me going pretty good i think cause it was kinda in the middle. I like the b4 cause it seems to change direction faster and have more steering. Parts availabilty is a plus.

You can't go wrong with either of them.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Well, I owned all of them and raced all of them. and for me this what I found.
The strongest car as far as not breaking was the RB5. If you are just starting out this is the car to start with providing ylhs carries the parts. Not much as far as maintance goes. I think it has the best shocks out of all three. With this car you can then find out what kind of a driver u are. If you like alot of steering easyly obtained, you are not a tinker then the B4 is for you. Not much setup changing to do. It is a good car at most places. Down side is the maintance it slops out quickly and loses it performance as it slops outs and then there are the shocks. They need to have the oil changed after each race day and complete rebuild once a month even more if you practice alot. Try to get the yokomo shock caps to help with this. Also some companies offer a shock sleeve to reduce the maintance, this keeps the oil cleaner.
Losi has great rear traction and forward bite but, with this traction comes pushing issues. But if you are a guy that like to play with set ups and make changes this is the cars for you. The maintance is much more forgiving than the above mentioned B4. As this car slops out it does NOT lose performance like the B4
For me I like tinkering The Losi works for me.
A little thinking outside the box and I have a Losi that really steers (hard in and out). But for the most part the RB5 is kinda in the middle. But for me most changes I did to the RB5 yeilded with no noticale difference. I went faster with the Losi and the B4. My B4 was the quickest single lap out all of the 3 but, was driving on the edge all the time. The losi was not much slower but for me way more stable and consistance. Also I could push the
Losi harder when needed
Old 05-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
Also I could push the
Losi harder when needed
That's for sure.... you were destroying my b4 at the end of the straight yesterday !!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

B4
Old 05-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Losi, easy, consistant, reliable, fast.
Lot of Losi haters lately but nothing's changed on the race cars.
Still a top contender anywhere. Look around.
Gil Losi left cuz there was no room for improvement and he isn't really into RTRs.
Looks like he wanted to help the Kyosho boys get it right, must have room for improvement?
Get what makes you feel good.
All 3 kill out there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.