Wiki Posts
Search

castle creations sidewinder question

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default castle creations sidewinder question

i just bought a new castle creations sidewinder brushless kit and im new to the electric stuff i was wondering does the esc have to be programmed or can you just put it on the car and run it after pragramming the transmitter?
Old 05-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Better doing slowly step by step

1) Check and set up your radio receiver.
Supply energy to your RX with a small (4 cells AA type battery)
On synthetiser or spektrum receiver, lock your receiver on the right frequency.
Then check with a servo both throttle and steering channel. Make sure you have full travel both side, 100 % and - 100 %.

Once done

2) Time to setup your Sidewinder, just read completly and carefully follow STEP BY STEP que Quick start Guide provided in the package.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Yeah, just follow the basic set-up directions and that will get you rolling. As far as fine tuning the settings to your liking, I found it a total PITA! Trying to follow all the beeps was way to hard for me, so I just got the Castle link and it makes life so much easier!
Old 05-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Yes you can run the Sidewinder brushless system without programming the ESC. It will just run on the ESC's default settings.

Now if you plan on running LiPo's you will want to make use of the Voltage Cutoff feature so you don't risk discharging those batteries too low. You'll have to program the ESC with stick or PC via Castle Link cable.

By this point hopefully Sidewinders are shipping with 1.17 firmware or higher. Initial Sidewinders went out with 1.15 which displayed some cogging. 1.17 runs really smooth! You would need to PC and Castle Link to check what firmware your Sidewinder has and upgrade the firmware if desired.