Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Official: Novak's 1/8 Scale Nitro to Electric Conversion Kits >

Official: Novak's 1/8 Scale Nitro to Electric Conversion Kits

Official: Novak's 1/8 Scale Nitro to Electric Conversion Kits

Old 05-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Company Representative

Cool Official: Novak's 1/8 Scale Nitro to Electric Conversion Kits

We have begun shipping the Novak 1/8 Scale Conversion Kits. If you have questions, comments or suggestions, you can post them here in this thread.

Bob will check in periodically to help out, as well as other members of Novak's tech support team.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When will Novak build 4 or 6 pole motors with bigger rotors and 6S or 12S controllers specifically designed for 1/8 scale.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Hurray

Thank you, TEAMNOVAK, for all of your hard work. Martin
Old 05-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I would also like to know when you plan on releasing your 6s controller. I remember you saying months ago on rc-monster that novak planned on making a 6s esc and newer motors. I know you released the 7.5 which is your lowest rpm 550 motor but still very high for 8th scale.

When I first saw the listing for the hv-pro I actually thought that was the new 6s esc. Really disappointed to see it was just a few profile options and a 5mm shaft. One other real turn off was that it still doesn't have a lvc built in.

I really do like your 10th scale motors though.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Initiate

I am looking at purchasing the matrix c-1 kit...

will the motor mount suit a feigao 9xl?

thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

thier motor mounts will only fit the novak motors because it goes on like a sleeve replacing the center ring on the motor.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

not sure what u mean?

is there any way of modifying the mount?

ta
Old 05-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

I just don't understand...here Novak is posting on Rctech regarding their newest product and all you do is complain or point out what you don't like. Why on earth would you want to run6s or 12 s. And who says the motors have to be a 4 pole or 6 pole configurations.

Everything I have done with Novak has proven to be top notch. I for one can not wait to receive my conversion to prove all the na-sayers wrong.

Thanks Novak for all your support........
Old 05-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cookie1 View Post
Why on earth would you want to run6s or 12 s.
More voltage (ie more cells) + lower KV (lower RPM per volt) is a more efficient system. This equals more run time w/ the use of lower C rated cells as well as lower MAH cells which in turn cost less. It also makes everything run cooler which adds to the longevity on the motors, cells, and ESCs. Again saving money.

HV is a wonderful thing!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cookie1 View Post
I just don't understand...here Novak is posting on Rctech regarding their newest product and all you do is complain or point out what you don't like. Why on earth would you want to run6s or 12 s. And who says the motors have to be a 4 pole or 6 pole configurations.

Everything I have done with Novak has proven to be top notch. I for one can not wait to receive my conversion to prove all the na-sayers wrong.

Thanks Novak for all your support........
It will be hard for you to understand if you have never tried it. I like to use lower amps and have with a few set ups. The higher the pole count the more torque the motor will have and it will be easier to drive the larger 1/8 scale buggies and truggies. Novak has proven to be top notch for beginners, but not for the basher or racer who wants a good solid system.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by leigh18 View Post
not sure what u mean?

is there any way of modifying the mount?

ta
novaks mount will only fit there motor. to use there mount you take out the 3 screws and remove the endbell and center sleeve (black colored center on the hv motor) then you install the mount and put back on the endbell that is held on by the 3 screws.

If you want to run a feigao motor you need a different motor mount. Check out rc-monster or rcproduct and design for what you need.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Wink

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thanks penny has dropped
Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have ran NOVAK for a lil over two years in my 1/10 scale cars and i think they are great . Im not sure of there HV stuff for 1/8 scales because i have not done a conversion yet but when i do i will for sure buy a HV system to see what i think but i dont think i will get one of there kits because it limits you to only there motors ... Just my 2 cents
Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
We have begun shipping the Novak 1/8 Scale Conversion Kits. If you have questions, comments or suggestions, you can post them here in this thread.

Bob will check in periodically to help out, as well as other members of Novak's tech support team.
How about MOD1 hardened pinions in 9T and 10T sizes?

I'm running a 9T Century pinion on a HV6.5 in a buggy conversion using a Kyosho plastic spur. With only two hours runtime on it the metal pinion is more worn than the plastic spur from the abrasive action of the dirt at my track (which never wears out any Losi hardened (48P) pinions).

You really need the smaller (than 11T) tooth counts anyway for running the HV5.5 and HV4.5 in a buggy (except maybe the RC8 that has a higher internal gear ratio).
Old 05-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Howdy Conversion Fans!

While none of will comment about anything "official" for new products, and certianly not time frames, I can say we are always working on new ESCs and motors.

These things all take lots and lots of time, and we try not to mention anything about until we are within months of shipping them. Even then, as you've all seen we miss our marks. SO the less we say the less people get upset with us for not meeting these imaginary deadlines we create.

These conversion kits are made for Novak HV systems only, I don't know of any other motors that cause use the conversion kit as a starting point. MOst other motors use the 3mm face mounting holes, we've gone to a wrap around heatsink that bolts to the chassis. This has helped with a lot of the early heating problems we were having.

We're looking into how we can offer smaller gears, with our current configuration we can't really get much smaller. Again, this will take time and nothing official can be said as to when this will be completed.

The quickest and easiest way to get answers to your Novak Questions is to email us directly. First thing I do everyday is sit down with my coffee and start answering emails.

[email protected] for tech questions. THese all come right to my PC.
[email protected] for processing or general non Product questions.
[email protected] for just about anything related to Novak.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service