Wiki Posts
Search

Educate this impulse buying fool

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Educate this impulse buying fool

OK, I've had a T4 for awhile running Novak 6.5 and lipos for awhile. I now am the proud owner of a XXX4 G+ w/Novak 5.5 after a semi-drunken impulse buy.

I finally got the T4 where I was happy with where I'm driving it - no track right now(closed) so it's all grass, dirt and some pavement. Can't get to any tracks after the closest closed.

What should I expect in handling differences and what changes should I make in my driving style going from a 2wd truck to a 4wd buggy? Any recommendations for shocks and gear ratio etc for the type of driving locations I find myself in?
Old 05-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would run bald worn out tires on asphalt and bow ties for grass and dirt. If you run on some fluffy dirt you might want some thing more a gressive in tread pattern.

I would search for some BMX bicycle tracks to bash on. They are the best and usually if you do some exhibitions at the races while they sort the mains most tracks will let you bash there while there closed?

And I would gear conservatively in the grass and a couple of teeth higher on the pavement.
if you mixing it up gear foe the drag in the grass and watch the temps.

I like to temp about 140 when goofing in the street. Wheelie bars would be nice to.

The set up can be stiffer spring or thicker oil the traction will be higher. And the set up your running now will work at a BMX track.

GO FAST AND TRY NOT TO CRASH.................!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I would run bald worn out tires on asphalt and bow ties for grass and dirt. If you run on some fluffy dirt you might want some thing more a gressive in tread pattern.

I would search for some BMX bicycle tracks to bash on. They are the best and usually if you do some exhibitions at the races while they sort the mains most tracks will let you bash there while there closed?

And I would gear conservatively in the grass and a couple of teeth higher on the pavement.
if you mixing it up gear foe the drag in the grass and watch the temps.

I like to temp about 140 when goofing in the street. Wheelie bars would be nice to.

The set up can be stiffer spring or thicker oil the traction will be higher. And the set up your running now will work at a BMX track.

GO FAST AND TRY NOT TO CRASH.................!
Good advice all around though I'll gear towards grass as I'll be running a mix of grass/asphalt/dirt at the same time depending on what part of my yard I am in for now. I need to send the kids out back with shovels and rakes to dig into the hillside this year. Huge track possibilities although little clay.

Definitely aggressive treads too. Running lugnuts or snake eyes on the t4 lately.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Tech Initiate

i have a b44 and got some dirt hawgs for the pavement, they are great!

Dirt Hawg I

Dirt Hawg III