R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default street traction tires for bashing race truck

I've got a losi xxx-t MF2 that is primarily for racing, but I've been having fun with a novak 6.5 BL motor in parking lots and stuff. The problem is, my worn out track tires are fun for awhile, but they quickly smooth out and then I'm just sliding all over the place.

Are there tires that could I use that would give me long-lasting traction on the street so that I could do wheelies and will they last more than a couple of runs?
beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

something like this would be ok http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5264
Old 05-18-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default Street tires

Panther makes slicks.Look on there website it panthertire.com
bprc10T3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I sold my son's Losi MF2 last year but I still have a set of the Losi On-Road tires mounted on rims. They are liek new and have very mnimal use on them. I was going to throw them up on EBay this week but if you're interested let me know. I can take a pic of them tomorrow. I'll make you a sweet deal on them

My email is [email protected]

Best regards,

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
I've got a losi xxx-t MF2 that is primarily for racing, but I've been having fun with a novak 6.5 BL motor in parking lots and stuff. The problem is, my worn out track tires are fun for awhile, but they quickly smooth out and then I'm just sliding all over the place.

Are there tires that could I use that would give me long-lasting traction on the street so that I could do wheelies and will they last more than a couple of runs?
If you want traction for wheelies you are going to need something like ProLine Dirt Works or Dirt Hawgs. They both have big, thick lugs that bite pretty well. The Road Hawgs (also Road Rage and Speed Hawgs) will last longer, but they are designed for asphalt and are harder. I found they don't give as much traction as the two dirt tires. I don't know about Losi brands. The ones Tony suggested might be great too.

If you are going with the full size truck tires (Dirt Hawgs or Dirt Works), get the Trinity Blue Extra Firm liners. If you are going with the low profile street tires (Road Hawgs, Road Rage, or Speed Hawgs) get the two stage liners with the blue inner and white outer and just use the blue inner.
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

Talking Dirt Haws Rule

Ya -- I'm with ta_man = Dirt Hawgs rule!!! I have a number of MF2s and am like you in that I race and also rage off track. I've been using Dirt Hawgs for years and they last soooo long I don't remember throwing any away. They are high profile so can go on grass, dirt or pavement -- the best all-around grip. Don't be put off by the $19 cost cause they last for years!
Nimbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have had the dirt hawgs on several different buggies and currently on the two that I own now. They seem to last forever and are great on all types of pavement, grass, gravel, dirt ect.... and they have an incredibly long life.

The street hawgs are good on the road but are about useless when you get off pavement.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:17 PM   #9
Tech Rookie

...as much as I like Proline dirt hawgs for bashing remember they are big heavy tires compared to your Losi race pins and are not to be compared for light/fine handling but are for bashing for wich they handle well.
Nimbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:13 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

They are not big heavy tires, I have had several pairs, and currently have them on my b44 and 10t.

Losi race pins will be destroyed on asphalt in no time at all. No type of pin tires are good on the asphalt.

Re read the first post,

- "Are there tires that could I use that would give me long-lasting traction on the street so that I could do wheelies and will they last more than a couple of runs?
Old 05-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm running dirt dawgs too for bashing. Same setup. Race and bash. I'm currently bashing with a 6.5 too. The dirt dawgs last a fair amount, but you will wear them out. I've been running my hawgs for about a month and a half and the tread is about 75% gone. I'm running the stock ribbed tires up front.

The 6.5 is a beast in the MF2. I did some speed runs with the gps and it came up just short of 50mph. I swear the thing wheelies at 20+ mph.
GravityJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote