Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
im gettin a new buggy, plz help >

im gettin a new buggy, plz help

im gettin a new buggy, plz help

Old 05-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i run a zx-5 sp with a mm5700 is awesome u should like urs they take alot of abuse
Old 05-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Initiate

ok i went to the hobby shop, got to explain EXACTLY what im doin. everyone pointed me to the traxxas slash. i have to wait a month, and its stock with brushed motor but i can change it. thnx for the help tho.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

The slash is not going to like the types of jumps that you were talking about in your early posts.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm no expert, but that seems like exactly the wrong truck for what you want.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Initiate

ok basically im goin to setup a track and have at most a 20-25 ft tabletop modified so if you tag you dont break it. mainly im doin soft impact distance jumps, not height jumps. im goin to get the velineon 5700 motor. do you think that will be good(i need ALOT of torque, easy maintenace, and i would like it to top out at about 65[more is ALWAYS good). one last question, how fast will a pretty good quick charge station thing charge the batteries with the batts i need.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

all i can say is wow...
Old 05-17-2008, 03:04 AM
Tech Initiate

IM BASICALLY A NEWB SO SO QUIT GIVIN ME BS. anyway i know i over-exagerated on the jumps but wut,(in everyones opinion) is the slash for.

btw gettin a velineon 5700 installed in it if i didnt already mention it
Old 05-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The RC10T4RS does not come with brushless power. If you are dead set on brushless power and already have a nice transmitter and receiver, then I would suggest the RCT4 Team truck, not the Factory Team as you would probably be replacing a lot of carbon parts bashing. Stick with plastic and you should be fine. Then you can install whatever brushless setup you want to. You will have to build a kit and it will strengthen your knowledge of how and why it works and you will have repairs down to a science.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

go with a factory team b4, they are strong and at my track, thats the majority of the buggies that run. if you really want a hauling motor and esc get a novak 7.5 w/ gtb. or something that relates to it. im runniong a jr z590 and it's a very good servo and i never had issues with it. just pick a radio system that fits you, 2.4 GHz has a great advantage so i'd lean to the futaba 3pm 2.4GHz
Old 05-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down

i may be a noob but i think that you need to try to listen to people when you ask for there advice in almost everyone of your posts here you were like maybe i should get this one what do you thinka bout that or what about this one or this one or this one and you never really paid attention to what anyone was tryin to tell you. Thats just my point of view!
Old 05-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Initiate

jrstall, the only reason im doin that is because i got to explain to the local hobby shop in great detail what im doin, they pointed me to the slash, and i trust them more than ppl on forums i dont even know, and didnt really explain exactly wut im doin. WHY DOESNT ANY1 THINK I SHOULD GET THE SLASH. you guys r tellin me one thing, hobby shop the other. i know it comes without a brushless motor but ya puttin velineon 5700 in it.

BTW I AM NOT GETTIN A BUGGY ANYMORE

i need a truck for wut im doin
Old 05-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw
The slash is not going to like the types of jumps that you were talking about in your early posts.

basically the same as regular tracks, but with the jumps a good amount bigger (maybe twice as big). r u guys sure the slash with the 5700 wont handle. if not which would be the absolute BEST for my stuff. basically i just want an rc trophy truck, able to do the short track, and able to do open desert style shat( mostly jumps tho)
Old 05-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

The LHS are commercial people, they are selling stuff and are make profit on it but some of them are more reliable than other,
As you said, you didn't know anybody here. In other words we have nothing to win (or loose) from giving you advise.

Once again no matter what brand or type of RC car you buy, More you crash more you brake parts.
Traxxas make bashers car for years. But the slash is a sort of hybrid design between a Stadium truck and a Buggy.

When it come to badass jump nothing beat 1/8 Scale RC cars imho.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mister-T
The LHS are commercial people, they are selling stuff and are make profit on it but some of them are more reliable than other,
As you said, you didn't know anybody here. In other words we have nothing to win (or loose) from giving you advise.

Once again no matter what brand or type of RC car you buy, More you crash more you brake parts.
Traxxas make bashers car for years. But the slash is a sort of hybrid design between a Stadium truck and a Buggy.

When it come to badass jump nothing beat 1/8 Scale RC cars imho.
thanks for the response man, the thing is i dont want to spend more than 500 on this. what are your suggestion (for a truck) that will handle my needs.

the perfect way to put this, is i want this to be like robby gordons red bull truck
Old 05-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

In term of aspect, yes the Slash is the closest of what you wan't, but about jump handling, honestly I can't tell.

I would suggest you to wait a little and let "other" people be the guinea pig to know if the car worth it or not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.