R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Unhappy question??

im buying a b4 from this guy on another site, and sent him a money order from my bank shipped to him the next day. the guy later replied with this:

"Im sorry i dont know if i made it clear i need a post office money or like i said in the email. I will have to ship this money order and the amount you paid to ship it back to you i cant cash this money orders sorry again. please contact if any questions 11 am your time jonathan"

He has 52 good feedbacks so he's not scamming

But why would he not able to cash a money order

Has anyone had this problem before
BSS07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Maybe he doesn't have a bank account and if not, he would have a problem trying to get a bank money order cashed. There is a lot of fraud involving bank money orders (I retired from banking and one of the areas I managed worked on this type of fraud).

Maybe you can cash a Postal Money order at the Post Office....don't know.

I did have one guy who only accepted Postal Money orders, no PayPal, checks, or bank money orders.
nutz4rcyktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Agreed.

He cant cash them with out a bank account, and there are many fraudulant bank money orders out there because each bank has a differnt style of check.

The postal money orders are all the same no matter what post office you buy them from, and they can be cashed at the post office.

If he did acutally mention that in his ad, he isnt the one that did something incorrectly, and he did offer to wait for you to correct the issue.

I think it is very stand up on his part.

Just my .o2
Old 05-14-2008, 08:32 PM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG RC 10T View Post
Agreed.

He cant cash them with out a bank account, and there are many fraudulant bank money orders out there because each bank has a differnt style of check.

The postal money orders are all the same no matter what post office you buy them from, and they can be cashed at the post office.

If he did acutally mention that in his ad, he isnt the one that did something incorrectly, and he did offer to wait for you to correct the issue.

I think it is very stand up on his part.

Just my .o2
but he told me just a money order, and he also has paypal which means he has a bank account
Old 05-14-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

I've found the postal & western union money orders to be the best. Like others have said anything else can be easily duplicated. I know living in the us when buying from say europe they prefer western union. Well honestly everyone I dealt with has. When he sends it back talk to your bank & then send him a postal money order. He should of stated which kind he prefers but you could of asked as well.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 05-14-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If I'm not mistaken the postal money order can be cashed at the post office?
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:14 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

bump, pretty much what they all said.

http://www.BulldawgRC.com
Team Driver for: Proline, Team Epic/Trinity, Hex Crew, Bulldawg R/C, Speed Demon Hobbies ~~~~TEAM CRUNCHY~~~~
Bulldawg RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
Tech Master

so i recieved my money order back from the guy which he included $15 which was what costed me to ship it next day. on last tuesday i sent out a postal order of $170 and still havnt heard of the guy since. the site says that he last logged in the 31st which means he either did not recieve my pm's or is ignoring them his user name is dapmc3. what should i do
Old 06-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSS07 View Post
so i recieved my money order back from the guy which he included $15 which was what costed me to ship it next day. on last tuesday i sent out a postal order of $170 and still havnt heard of the guy since. the site says that he last logged in the 31st which means he either did not recieve my pm's or is ignoring them his user name is dapmc3. what should i do
If he sent you back the $15 you spent to next day your first payment, it sounds like he is trying to do the right thing. It's not like he had to do that. Keep your cool the best you can for a few more days. There's not much else you can do. If you get angry with him, it won't help. Maybe he's had some kind of family emergency or he is on vacation.
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
What.... Is the deal.... you couldn't find one at lir or from a fellow racer ??

Crazy carl has more cars then all the pro's combined !! He mighta been able to sell you one.

You have wasted a month with that clown......
Old 06-04-2008, 05:26 AM   #11
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
What.... Is the deal.... you couldn't find one at lir or from a fellow racer ??

Crazy carl has more cars then all the pro's combined !! He mighta been able to sell you one.

You have wasted a month with that clown......
but i was looking for a really good deal
Old 06-04-2008, 08:14 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Good Deals are always around even locally. I just sold my XXX-T CR with a painted body, new body, 2 sets of used pink tapers, i brand new set of rims and a few set's of front tires for 175 shipped. Hell to someone from LIR i would have sold it for $150. People just seem to always be in a rush for a deal. If you wait you can always find a deal.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #13
Tech Master

i wasnt going to get a buggy at first, everyone said to get a buggy so i was bored one night and i typed in rc10b4 on rcuniverse just for the heck of it and came along that deal
Old 06-04-2008, 09:30 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
i wasnt going to get a buggy at first, everyone said to get a buggy so i was bored one night and i typed in rc10b4 on rcuniverse just for the heck of it and came along that deal
You should have just paid him with paypal.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Is he in a different country? If so he won't be able to cash a regular money order. He would probably need an International Money Order. I think they are pink in colour and should be available from the same place.

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote