Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Mamba Monster Max problems bring them here >

Mamba Monster Max problems bring them here

Mamba Monster Max problems bring them here

Old 05-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Mamba Monster Max problems bring them here

OK.
Lets get serious about the MMM problems. Bring all your issues here to this one general thread. If it burned up or is just acting up lets see it in 1 common place. I will get Castle and the lipo guys here so we can all look at these issues as each is most likely unique to a point.

You need to give full information on your system. It is vital to be extremely accurate. For the good of all do not embellish at all.

Needed items are....
settings in ESC, all of them
chassis
gearing
batteries
motor
wires
connectors
tires
surface
any temperatures you could get
radio and settings

Did you find anything after the incident? Loose wires, shorts, frays, puffed packs anything.

Lets get this right and help everyone out there.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Old 05-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

There is already a mamba monster max problems thread
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=221367
Old 05-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mattnin
There is already a mamba monster max problems thread
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=221367
This thread is being set up to try to help those that want to listen. Mattin you cannot listen so have a nice day

I have asked for specific things that will allow a full understanding of the situation and provide the best help that can be done for all those involved. Just going to a thread and saying 'I had a problem" wont fix it or even be productive.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Have there been any other problems other than the two people that are in these forums?I have only heard of two so far.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default me

i got a DOA mmm. im pissed and they are to booked to help now.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

According to friends at Castle there have been like 4 unique failures. Patrick (owner of Castle) confirmed this last night.

My attempt here is to try to evaluate systems and see where an issue may have happened. I dont want to see people or companies thrown under a bus when this may not be their problem.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RURC
This thread is being set up to try to help those that want to listen. Mattin you cannot listen so have a nice day

I have asked for specific things that will allow a full understanding of the situation and provide the best help that can be done for all those involved. Just going to a thread and saying 'I had a problem" wont fix it or even be productive.

If you really want to help, quit posting your BS and starting usless double threads!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stallard
If you really want to help, quit posting your BS and starting usless double threads!!!
If you desire is to attack me please confine it to PM. Thank you.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:01 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Most of the problems are simple fixes as the user might have something setup not quite right. Seems most problems are simple fixes or setup changes to remedy the problems.

If it is a true product problem then Castle will fix the problem and get it sent back to the customer in a short period of time.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wyd
Most of the problems are simple fixes as the user might have something setup not quite right. Seems most problems are simple fixes or setup changes to remedy the problems.

If it is a true product problem then Castle will fix the problem and get it sent back to the customer in a short period of time.
I 100% agree with you on this. That is why I have asked for the information at the beginning. With the Mamba 25's and the Mamba Max's the same kind of things were going on. Almost all of the issues were set up or in the installation. I think that this is going to be the same here. I am not trying to talk down to anyone or be rude at all. This is the best way I can think of to get things of on a better footing than before.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Castle just called me at 1:10 on Wed the 14 of May. It seems that my thought on magnetic field collapse causing a voltage spike are correct. For the internal BEC problem. Also I have been confirmed that poor batteries are also to blame. As I was told the BEC problem is going to show itself within the first like 10 minutes of usage generally. If you dont have a problem dont send it in, it will be returned to you. The future of this problem will be take care of at Castle. As I understand it there will be a upgraded component installed to prevent this from happening. But like I said if yours is working it should be fine. Again they told me that this problem should show itself within the first 10 minutes.

I asked them to watch this thread and make sure that I am giving the best possible advice.

If you are having other problems lets put it down on paper here and dial these buggies in and finish blowing away the nitro cars.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

im running a losi 8t MMM tekno neu 1515 motor 1360Kv on 6s 5000 25c lipo with stock spur and a 13th pinion

i got it all together it was late by the time i got to the track it was pretty dark so i threw it down and ran it for about five min it got to dark to see the motor and speedcontrol were well under 120 degrees ax i didn't get my temp gun out but it wasn't hot.. i could easily hold the back of my fingers on it prob. 100degrees.. i went down this morning to the track and plugged everything in,
every thing worked fine. i drove it (walking behind it) approx. 30ft to the track entrance got it on the track and down behind a pipe so no one would hit me worked great! it took me 30-40 seconds to get to the top of the drivers stand when i got there there was no power no throttle no steering nothing......... i got it back to my table there looking for something wrong and the light on my spectrum receiver is not on so i tried different receivers, batteries its not a broken receiver wire cuz the castle link still talks to the speed controller i dont know what to do im allready signed up and payed for our state championship race and its the 12-14th one week away

does this sound like the BEC problem you talked about earlier if so can i run an external BEC just to make the race
Old 09-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

My V1 MMM is still going fine, only thing I have done is ext. bec
Old 09-08-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I should have a monster system pretty soon for the caster electric car.

What I have found with help many other racers is if you are having some weird issues download the latest firmware and update your unit and reset it. 90% of the time this fixes any problems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.