Caster Racing Fusion EX-1
Monster Max Castle Creations V2
2 MaxAmps 2s 6000mah
Ace 1313 Servo
Spektrum 3100 Receiver With 3R Radio
Spektrum Receiver Capacitor
Neu 1512 2.5d Motor
Deans Plugs

No problems at all! Car was perfect from the beginning of the day till the end. No thermal problems and the Neu motor wasnt even the finned unit. Most of the time the fan never came on the speed control!

cam
Old 10-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Rookie

I have three MMM v2 sitting at CC for replacements right now. CC said they stopped prod and shippment of v2. They are working on a v3 now, and are hopping to have them out by end of year. I heard all v1 and v2 owners will have the option to upgrade to v3.

Well as far as why 3 of my MMM v2 are sitting at CC. I dont know why. CC said they found problems with v2 and Im not the only one having problems so that is why they are releasing v3. I hear v3 has different case design, batteries are soldered to board, new BEC design, new board design and I heard new coding too. Sounds like a pretty major revision. This is what I had my MMM running on.

Losi 8ight Truggy
Tekno RC Losi 8ight T Brushless Chassis w/clutch and mechanical brakes
13T/48T Ratio
NEU 1515 1.5d motor
NEU 4s 5000mah 25c Lipo
MMM v2
JR 9100s and 9100t servos for brake and steering respectively
Airtronics 4ch Receiver 2.4 GHz DSS M11
10 guage wiring from motor to ESC and ESC to battery
Aitronics M11 2.4 transmitter

Losi 8ight Buggy
Tekno RC Losi 8ight B Brushless Chassis w/clutch and mechanical brakes
14T/48T Ratio
NEU 1512 2.5d motor
NEU 4s 5000mah 25c Lipo
MMM v2
JR 9100s and 9100t servos for brake and steering respectively
Airtronics 4ch Receiver 2.4 GHz DSS M11
10 guage wiring from motor to ESC and ESC to battery
Aitronics M11 2.4 transmitter

One of the ESC just died after a 25 min run, it would not power up unless it was disconnected from the receiver. CC said this was a known issue, so send back for replacement. Second ESC died after about 20 min run. Thought maybe lipo cutoff was activated, so I put in new lipo battery. As I plugged it in the entire ESC blew up in flame. Turned out one of the BEC capacitor blew up. Luckily my face was 1.5 feet away from the ESC when I was plugging it in. Any closer and I may have been blinded! CC said it is because my battery did not supply enough juice thats why the Capacitor had to overwork itself. But they said send it in and they will replace. Funny, on a NEU 1512 2.5d (2050kv) motor with a NEU 4s 5000mah 25c lipo and its not enough juice from battery. Its a 240 dollar battery! Maybe I need some super battery but I still have yet to find one. That 4s battery that supposedly did not have enough juice still had 15.5v when I plugged it in my charger and it only temped in at 117 degrees after running for 20 minutes.

The third ESC lasted about 10 minutes then the car died. Brought it in and saw that the top half of the ESC came off from the bottom half and when it came off the pulled the fan and power wires off the board. CC said send it in and they will replace.

So that has been my experience with my MMM. Everyone says that temperature is very important in reliabiltiy of the system. So I went out of my way to make sure I selected the right motor, gearing, and batteries. My temps on my motors never got above 140, ESC always around 130's and my batteries were always in the low 120's. I set the ESC motor timing to lowest and had lipo cutoff set to auto (although I never got to lipo cutoff since the ESC always died before the battery). All my wiring are solid (all soldered directly) and are all 10 guage. It seems like my the ESC's are just failing on me. I bought 3 even though I have 2 cars so I can use one for backup. I think I shouldve bought more!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562025697XGWJlX
Old 10-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have a v2 that i ran an external bec , and it failed very quickly (bec lasted about 1 min.)red wire out , then i went to the internal and it failed quickly as well (30 sec.) red wire in

i am now using a rx. pack to backfeed the esc. and it has been working great,red wire in , i have about 6 bash sessions on it and one race day

i will send it back if it dies, but i think it will last until the probs. are worked out
Old 06-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

was about to run my savage flux today and I pluged the batteries in and the esc turned on but then it sounded like it poped and then it shut off and it wont turn back on. any ideas?
Old 06-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This thread was dead for 8 months. That should tell you something
All 3 of my CC systems have performed perfect for years. My 1/8 electric has been a dream. It has been running since X-mas 2008 and I race alot
Old 06-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Rookie

should I just send it back to castle?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

So im plugging motor wires into my monster and it seems like I have to push really hard to get them into the plugs - will this damage the circuit board?
Old 06-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Please contact me Castle!!!!!

Hi, I realise this is an old thread but I'm having problems getting Castle to talk to me. My MMM died within it's first ten minutes of being installed so I sent it back with a cover note.

I also contacted Horizon Hobby (distributor in the UK?) who advised me to send directly to Castle Creations.

After a period of time, over four weeks, I had heard nothing back but understood there was a delay in repairs (one month turnaround) so was not too bothered. I emailed out of curiosity and received a prompt reply explaining it had been replaced/repaired and was winging it's way back to me in the UK.

Unfortunately Castle appear to have addressed the package incorrectly and missed a vital piece of my address. I replied to their email dated 14th May giving correct details but have not had any response since.

I've tried sending further emails but other than their initial reply there has been nothing to inform me of the situation.

I have heard nothing but good things about Castle Creations and I can only think there has been an admin error somewhere along the line but I'm getting a little anxious.

Help!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default maba moster 1/8th

I was also driving mine on the track i hit a jump and it died in mid air and i smelt it and it smelt burnt so im sending it to castle and after that i tried to turn it on and it would do anything no lights came on, sounds, or the fan came on. They are going to fix it for free since it hasnt been a year yet!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)
Default Mamba Mosnter PROBL. blinks red with solid green light!

Hi guys, I dont know where to post but since this is one of the active threads here maybe you guys can help me. i have a problem with my Mamba Monster Esc. Set up is: SCRT10, Speed Passion 3.5 feigao II 550 size motor, towerpro servo, 2s lipo and GT3b radio. Problem is, when i turn it on it blinks red first before making the correct initial start up tone. When i pinch the throttle, the motor turns for about a second then shuts off and the esc will blink red (very fast) with a solid green. It seems like the ESC is the problem since i already tried a diff esc (motor is good), 3 different rx and 4 newly charged lipos. If i just turn off the lipo cutoff or use another firmware will it stop doing this? I also recalibrated it, same thing.