Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Ryan Cavalieri in RCCA interview. >

Ryan Cavalieri in RCCA interview.

Ryan Cavalieri in RCCA interview.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

All i can say is you would be surprised what goes on at the rc tracks no matter how you look at it weather its just a toy, your hobby your job or whatever this sport is to you its still RACING and in all aspects of racing their tension,jelousy team work theirs hacking and ofcourse them good ol dollar bills,everybody wants to win
Old 05-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C.Poh
All i can say is you would be surprised what goes on at the rc tracks no matter how you look at it weather its just a toy, your hobby your job or whatever this sport is to you its still RACING and in all aspects of racing their tension,jelousy team work theirs hacking and ofcourse them good ol dollar bills,everybody wants to win
o rly
Old 05-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

what magazene was it in???
what month??
what page??

thanks
Old 05-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
<- Proud to be corporate sponsored

Nah, I really have very little to no respect for factory drivers. Billy Easton lives in our area and drops by S&N's Trackside every now and then, and lemme tell ya, unless you've got some big factory deal like he does he won't even look at you twice. Back when he raced for Losi a buddy of mine was chatting him up for setup advice and mid-sentence Easton stops him and asks if he races a Losi. My buddy says "no, I run Associated" and Easton without missing a beat says goodbye and walks away. So yeah, I know where RB FIVE is coming from when he says Cav's a tool, most of them are. These guys easily forget you're not just being paid to race, but you're also being paid to be a company spokesperson at each race you attend, so if all you're going to do is ride your high horse and blow off every non-pro that comes your way, well f**k you too.

Possible exception to Paul Lemieux, he races at S&N's a lot too and he seems like an OK guy.

Talk about an absolutely IGNORANT and MORONIC post. Great job in GENERALIZING most Factory guys out there as being just like Billy Easton.... even though you haven't met them or know them personally?!?

The only clear thing we can all gather from this ridiculous post is that you haven't met many Factory guys (even though it is a fact that they do race at Scotty's track throughout the year). Most Factory racers are sincerely nice and decent people as well as helpful. Billy Easton is often moody at the Track. Its just the way he is. To say most Factory guys are just like him is dead wrong and far from the truth. You just proved what a foolish TOOL you are to the world with that line of BS....

As for Cavalieri, yeah he does get more upset than most on the Driver's stand especially when things get hot on the Track. In the pit area though he has always been cool and approachable. As Coach mentioned... just give him time to cool off after a bad run or when an unfortunate incident just occurred. Emotions and passion get the best of most of us during such times.... Ryan is no different.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:00 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Living in Southern California isn't cheap, a descent 2 bedroom apartment will cost over $2k a month, think about how frustrated you would be if someone bumped you on the track and just cost you your portion of the rent.
LOL

If I were ever in that situation, I WOULD BE MAD AT MYSELF for depending on racing toy cars to make my rent payment.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

LOL, this thread was never about pro's who help people in the pits..... I know alot of people other then pro's who help people all the time. Help is help.

It's about unproffesional statement made publicly by a professional.....

Cavalieri isn't a pro i would root for to win.

Who cares about his rent amount and payment, Does he care about mine ? lol
Old 05-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Word to ya mother, brotha
A professinal should be professinal at al times
There is a thing called heat of the moment but, I'm sure the interview did not take place as he walked off the driver stand
Old 05-15-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

I wish things like this would happen more often. People have been talking for years about making the "hobby" into more of a "sport" that could be televised and such, and this is exactly the type of thing that makes other forms of racing (and sport) more interesting than R/C.

I refuse to believe that anyone really cares enough about this one comment to be as perterved as some of the posts are making them appear. Rather than being upset (those of you that are) you could look on the bright side and thank Cav for giving you an interesting topic to debate.

I'm not saying you have to like Ryan, or his statement....but I think this ranks as some of the most interesting insight I've seen in a magazine in a long time.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
you could look on the bright side and thank Cav for giving you an interesting topic to debate.

I'm not saying you have to like Ryan, or his statement....but I think this ranks as some of the most interesting insight I've seen in a magazine in a long time.
I brought up the topic debate !

werk ... is .... boring.....
Old 05-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

you sure did! work....werd...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stitchy
you sure did! work....werd...
I work just it's a quiet dull office. That's what makes it boring.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foolio
Perhaps I am a glass half full kind of guy. I doubt too many racers would be so engulfed in jealousy that someone else making money at the track would cause them to take him out on purpose. Seems petty. Especially considering you would most likely ruin your own race as well. You also risk getting in trouble at the facility itself for intentional hacking; could get you banned. Besides, I doubt even the top racers are making all that much money. It's all relative though.

True. Im not saying that the majority of people out there ARE that petty, but it happens. Some people are just like that. The example in my story about kinwald, I was astonished that someone, no matter the reason, would deliberately take out a driver like that and of that caliber.

The point of this thread, from what I got from the author, was that his comments came as a shock to some. Fact is, thats what pros in this "hobby/sport" get paid for, results! Winning and losing might make the difference in receiving a bonus.

Most pros, are generally friendly and helpful. Everyone, pros or otherwise have mood-swings and aren't always approachable, but it doesn't make them bad people.

For the majority out there- this is a hobby
To those who get paid- its a Sport.

MOmo
Old 05-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i dont believe cav acts this way on purpose.. he just lacks social skills!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

haha. i guess so right? remind me to sing up in your class.

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Move or Get Moved !!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i also think that he was talking about drivers intentionally getting in his way, driving block... thats what he is referring to...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.