R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
Rubbin's racing, it happens. Hey RB Five, remember Schumi yelling at Sato for taking him out awhile back? Classic moment...
I loved sato for that as sick as it may sound......

Ever see sato's helmet ?
Attached Thumbnails
Ryan Cavalieri in RCCA interview.-sato.jpg   Ryan Cavalieri in RCCA interview.-rb5and-lazer.jpg  
Old 05-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #47
Tech Champion

I completely understand the getting held up part being frustrating, That's racing. It sucks cause it tends to ruin your flow. Nothing worse then a driver holding you up thinking he is fast enough to build a gap on you those are the worst.

But anyway we all get frustrated and in some of those big races the little guy is there on his dollar not AE's and to even mention it is more frustrating to be held up cause its worth thousands and other drivers should know this or what ever he said is nonsense. You should never say anything about your rewards like that in such a interview. Not in this sport or hobby however you view it.

When do you ever here a pro race car driver or any sports professional say "Johnny privateer should understand i don't get my bonus if he gets in my way and i can't perform and that frustrates me about this series." You would be like what ??? Especially if you consider your self a part time racer. i don't care to much about it but i read the article last night and was thinking about discussing it this morning.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

RB, that is friggin' awesome. No offense to anybody, but I'm kinda getting sick of all these flames and "drippy" paint jobs. It's cool if you're the only one maybe, but EVERYONE has it. I'm thinking of patterning my paint jobs after the Williams cars...clean paint scheme, if not a little boring...
Old 05-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #49
Tech Adept

RB five,
have you even met the guy. Usally before you start $h!t talking someone you should get to know them. im not starting up a thread saying that your some fat redneck who cant drive because im jelous of you am i?
Email: [email protected]
Old 05-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I remember reading the article a few weeks ago and its funny--Cav saying that other drivers bobble could cost him thousands of dollars really stuck out to me. Kind of a weird thing to put out there right out of the blue in a major (for rc) publication interview.

While I don't think he meant it at average drivers (who he doesn't even race with), I think the regular club racer reads the article and it just reinforces what he may have "heard" that many Pro racers are not approachable and are intimidating to talk to. I am not saying this is true or not, but many people feel that way about the top RC guys.

I feel it was totally unnessesary on Cav's part to say that in the article. As mostly the average, non pro drivers will be bothered by it--and those are the guys that support these companies who pay his salary.

Tamiya 419x/Associated TC7.1/Sanwa M12s/Xpert servos
Old 05-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore

I havent read his comments, but from what I has been relayed on here, theres nothing wrong with them. He is just telling the truth, which has become a very rare thing thses days. On top of that he is giving you a glimpse into a world that Im sure we're all curious about. Its little discussed and theres a magical aura around the paid drivers of our sport, so I say support the comments not condemn his attitude.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:45 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to $rusty$ Send a message via MSN to $rusty$

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
I havent read his comments, but from what I has been relayed on here, theres nothing wrong with them. He is just telling the truth, which has become a very rare thing thses days. On top of that he is giving you a glimpse into a world that Im sure we're all curious about. Its little discussed and theres a magical aura around the paid drivers of our sport, so I say support the comments not condemn his attitude.

I agree 100% with what you said, there's a certain way to represent yourself. Like an example is like Dale Earnhart Sr. to Kyle Busch, Sr. was just an easy guy to like, and didn't scream cockiness like Kyle does. Which is probably why no one likes him

thercbarn.com
Old 05-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #53
Tech Apprentice

RB FIVE ...IS A FAG.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #54
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to CE28N

Its probably one of those "i wish i hadn't made that statement" moments. But really, if ppl make their living racing, then thats really part of the territory.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #55
Tech Champion

RCCA: Guys at the top of any Sport are really competitive, Do you ever feel your desire to win is misinterpeted ?

R.Cavalieri: " I want to win, But if i have a bad run i am going to get mad because this is what i do for a living. Alot of people don't realize that having someone get in your way or screw you up in a qualifier could cost a pro driver a 1,000 dollars".

RCCA: What do you think is the biggest misconception of rc racers ?

R.Cavalieri: "People probably don't realize this is our career, and that it's serious. There is money on the line."

Granted he may be a nice guy but that's not the issue. This is no way for someone who represents many companies to speak about other drivers he competes with and the business he chose.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #56
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
RCCA: Guys at the top of any Sport are really competitive, Do you ever feel your desire to win is misinterpeted ?

R.Cavalieri: " I want to win, But if i have a bad run i am going to get mad because this is what i do for a living. Alot of people don't realize that having someone get in your way or screw you up in a qualifier could cost a pro driver a 1,000 dollars".

RCCA: What do you think is the biggest misconception of rc racers ?

R.Cavalieri: "People probably don't realize this is our career, and that it's serious. There is money on the line."

Granted he may be a nice guy but that's not the issue. This is no way for someone who represents many companies to speak about other drivers he competes with and the business he chose.
Well if you get results you can do alot of things. Look at todays pros in other sports. They can virtually do anything, say anyting, and still have jobs. Why be cause they back it up and in the long run winning is what counts to the companies. No different than any other sport.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
Old 05-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #57
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
RB, that is friggin' awesome. No offense to anybody, but I'm kinda getting sick of all these flames and "drippy" paint jobs. It's cool if you're the only one maybe, but EVERYONE has it. I'm thinking of patterning my paint jobs after the Williams cars...clean paint scheme, if not a little boring...
He thanks man, My buddy has the top of kimi's helmet on his rb5. The williams livery this year is very classy. the hard part is figuring how it could work for you.

Rosberg is one of my favorites. Seems to have fallen off alittle after his 3rd in australia but he definitly had a great drive in turkey.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

come on your talking about thousands of dollars and he has a digital watch. he must have gotten mad at alot of races to afford that thing.
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"

Last edited by gweed; 05-12-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #59
Tech Addict

I've never seen Ryan or Louis do anything but help anyone who has asked for autographs, setups, or even a spare part. I think he's be willing to answer anyone's questions or help get them an answer....

I do agree that he could've worded his answer better..... but I don't want anyone to think that he's not approachable. Just wait a few minutes after he's walked off the stand from a main event battle...
Old 05-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #60
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Stone View Post
RB FIVE ...IS A FAG.
your a cavalieri sackrider