R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Looking for a Electric Kit....Suggestions??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/221444-looking-electric-kit-suggestions.html)

Chris__RC 05-11-2008 12:23 PM

Looking for a Electric Kit....Suggestions???

Hi, I have a xxx-nt and a Losi xxx buggy and I want to get a electric kit. I will be bashing but I want it to be fairly competative on the track too. I already have a radio and receiver and ESC from my XXX Buggy, Futaba Magnum and a Novak Explorer II 15t ESC. So I want a kit. My price range is NO MORE then $200! Ok, maybe a little bit, but not alot! I want something durable and overall fun. And how is the Orion 19t V2 motors??? thanks

stitchy 05-11-2008 12:41 PM

How about a Traxxas Slash? It'll be a great basher and we're trying to run it as a scale looking spec class. Perfect!:D

Chris__RC 05-11-2008 01:01 PM

I am not really a fan of Traxxas since I am not beginning the hobby. You could asy I am an intermediate. And if anything I would look for a Losi Desert Truck with no radio or receiver on ebay. or maybe E Firestorm roller?? But i want to build a kit mostly

OG RC 10T 05-11-2008 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chris__RC (Post 4434202)
NO WAY!!! I am not really a fan of Traxxas since I am not beginning the hobby.

You did ask for opinions and didnt mention what brand or anything else for that matter that your looking for.

With a $200 or so budget you can buy almost anything that you want. Seing that you already have experiance all any one of us can do is just name of the names that you already know.

You should go to tower, stormer, amain, ect.... pick a couple spedific things you like and if you need help deciding, post that up.

You already know whats out there and if we all just guess for you, I dont think that would help to much.

CREWMAN 05-11-2008 02:37 PM

I would go with the losi xxx-cr. looks like a nice peice and if i were to get into electric dirt. it would be that truck for sure. it is a very competitive truck at my track.

Chris__RC 05-11-2008 02:55 PM

I was looking at the xxx-cr, but I asked a question on the xxx-cr forum and they said that it was made for racing and NOT bashing. I was looking at the Tamiya models, Keen Hawk, Dark Ippact, and Durga as well as the AE vehicles. I just want some suggestoins of others cars and tell me how the buggies I listed above perform.

d16dcoe45 05-11-2008 05:05 PM

Honestly, if you are looking for a basher I would see if you could swing an EMaxx or something like that, a REvo if you are into nitro. B4s, xxxcr, t4, xxxcr trucks--and all the high spec 4wd cars (501x, b44, zx5sp, yokomo) really aren't ideal for bashing. They require more maintenence and are made to be fast on a race track and to be maintained regularly.

You couldbash with any of them but it seems to me it makes more sense to get something that is really made for having fun, like an Emaxx or REvo.

Chris__RC 05-11-2008 05:40 PM

I want an electric so I can get out of nitro. So the Revo is out and so is the E Maxx cause it's $360. I don't really care about maintence, as I usually maintain it and work on it more then I run it. I know of all those trucks are made for racing, and I wanted to see if there was one for both racing and bashing. I just really like the buggies because I had a BLAST driving my Losi XXX Buggy around full throttle all the time, somthing I couldn't do with nitro. The Bandit looks horrible to me, and I think Traxxas is out of the picture. I was thinking of getting a E Firestorm roller. How are the Tamiya Buggies? I was thinking of getting a Keen Hawk for $120, then upgrading it with shocks and slipper.

stitchy 05-11-2008 06:07 PM

Ooh sorry, didn't know your level of expertise.:sweat: "Intermediate to advanced" kits these days aren't really for bashing, that's left to the RTR's which you are too experienced for... With your choices so far, it looks like you've answered your own question.:smile:

Chris__RC 05-11-2008 06:19 PM

How did I answer it??? Tamiya??? or RTR?

stitchy 05-11-2008 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Chris__RC (Post 4434414)
I was looking at the Tamiya models, Keen Hawk, Dark Ippact, and Durga as well as the AE vehicles. I just want some suggestoins of others cars and tell me how the buggies I listed above perform. I was thinking of getting a E Firestorm roller.

:batman:

Chris__RC 05-11-2008 08:45 PM

what was that suppost to mean?

Jason Pelletier 05-11-2008 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chris__RC (Post 4434841)
How did I answer it??? Tamiya??? or RTR?

I dunno man, you are hard to please.

I think your existing esc and radio are kinda entry level to begin with so you would benefit from getting a traxxas rustler vxl. Then go get a 3s lipo and you can do 70 mph full throttle all day like you want. Parts will be easy to get and if you ever made your way to a track it would be half decent.:nod:

I know it's more money and a rtr but most kits aren't for bashing and this is a potent package. Losi speed t would be another great if not better choice.

Chris__RC 05-11-2008 09:20 PM

I know I am hard to plaese, i just want to get the best one. And I don't want to VXL, as I already said it can't be too much over $200, and it is like $300.

dynodan22 05-11-2008 09:41 PM

I would look at a XXXT-Mf2 , since you already have Losi
and seem to be happy with it try the mf2 car it is more race geared than bashing . The Losi desert uses the same body as the XXXT line only differences are metal tranny on the desert and himes for connections.
I think it is hard for giving you a recommendation because your asking for both worlds , bashing and racing it has to be one or the other.
I will tell you to stay away from the xxxt-cr for bashing because the rear hubs are not cheap to replace itan excellent race breed car though.
Whats your local HS availbility for parts and brands.

Dynodan