Mamba Monster's Issues/Not Working

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Monster's Issues/Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Just to add to the tally, NO ISSUES whatsover after 1-2 packs per day over the past week in my 3905 Emaxx. I am running the Monster Max with a pair of 6s tanic A123 packs in parallel and a 1515 1YF Neu. Stock Spur. 24T pinion. Lots of fun. Also, no fitment issues with the finned motor and current gear setup.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Has anyone had a Monster fail on them with a lipo other than Maxamps 4s 6000?
Old 05-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Great News. What setup? Was this a replacement for 1 failing?
Not a replacement.

My set-up is an MBX5, Nue 1512 3df, 6S-A123(2300mAh), 14/46 gears. At race pace on a bigish loose track it will only run about 7 minutes max but the packs charge to 95% in less than 10 minutes.

As I said yesterday I put 70 minutes on it but today I put about 15 miuntes more on it & it died. Just dead. Both days were very hot (in the 90's) but nothing in my set-up got hot. The bat & ESC never measured over 120 deg F & the motor never got over 135 f.

I filled out the form & will ship it out tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBMike
Not a replacement.

My set-up is an MBX5, Nue 1512 3df, 6S-A123(2300mAh), 14/46 gears. At race pace on a bigish loose track it will only run about 7 minutes max but the packs charge to 95% in less than 10 minutes.

As I said yesterday I put 70 minutes on it but today I put about 15 miuntes more on it & it died. Just dead. Both days were very hot (in the 90's) but nothing in my set-up got hot. The bat & ESC never measured over 120 deg F & the motor never got over 135 f.

I filled out the form & will ship it out tomorrow.
So you had over an hour of run time then it died but i thought cc said it would die n the first few mins , that suck sorry to hear that !
Old 05-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys I got 35 minutes out of the first one and about 15 out of the second one I bought 2 one for me and one for my son well didnt work out that way any way. On # 2 I got about 15 min.but didnt totaly dye its turns on and off cut out then the buggy rolles free for a few seconds then turns back on If I land hard it turns off 2or3 seconds then back on.
So I will now ship them bolth out to cc tomorrow I will let you know what the turn around is for guys in canada.
The thing that bumbs me out the most is looking like a fool to the nitro guys and now they realy think that E 1/8 is a joke
Old 05-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

One more thing why is it loose in the case? you can move the board around in the case by the wires what the @#$% is that about
Old 05-19-2008, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So has anyone got 90 minutes out of their MMM?
Old 05-19-2008, 04:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eric l
Well guys I got 35 minutes out of the first one and about 15 out of the second one I bought 2 one for me and one for my son well didnt work out that way any way. On # 2 I got about 15 min.but didnt totaly dye its turns on and off cut out then the buggy rolles free for a few seconds then turns back on If I land hard it turns off 2or3 seconds then back on.
So I will now ship them bolth out to cc tomorrow I will let you know what the turn around is for guys in canada.
The thing that bumbs me out the most is looking like a fool to the nitro guys and now they realy think that E 1/8 is a joke
What lipos are you using? Maxamps?
Old 05-19-2008, 05:01 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I wouldn't worry about the nitro guys. How many times over the years have I watched them try to start a motor and it wouldn't start and then they buy another 400 plus dollar motor. It just that fact that anything new comes out guys start getting worried if it cuts into their type of racing and electric 1/8th and electric in general is making a strong comeback especially in offroad. Another thing is alot of places don't allow nitro from a noise stand point so electric 1/8th will help those who like 1/8th scales. Are local indoor track is looking to put a offroad track in. Must be electric only because of township but with all the new electric stuff coming out it won't be a problem.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

One more thing why is it loose in the case? you can move the board around in the case by the wires what the @#$% is that about
Was it like that before or after it failed?
Old 05-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Yes
Old 09-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

im running a losi 8t MMM tekno neu 1515 motor 1360Kv on 6s 5000 25c lipo with stock spur and a 13th pinion

i got it all together it was late by the time i got to the track it was pretty dark so i threw it down and ran it for about five min it got to dark to see the motor and speedcontrol were well under 120 degrees ax i didn't get my temp gun out but it wasn't hot.. i could easily hold the back of my fingers on it prob. 100degrees.. i went down this morning to the track and plugged everything in,
every thing worked fine. i drove it (walking behind it) approx. 30ft to the track entrance got it on the track and down behind a pipe so no one would hit me worked great! it took me 30-40 seconds to get to the top of the drivers stand when i got there there was no power no throttle no steering nothing......... i got it back to my table there looking for something wrong and the light on my spectrum receiver is not on so i tried different receivers, batteries its not a broken receiver wire cuz the castle link still talks to the speed controller i dont know what to do im allready signed up and payed for our state championship race and its the 12-14th one week away

does this sound like the BEC problem you talked about earlier if so can i run an external BEC just to make the race
Old 09-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Isn't this a 4 month old thread?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Hi,

Originally Posted by racerxrc
im running a losi 8t MMM tekno neu 1515 motor 1360Kv on 6s 5000 25c lipo with stock spur and a 13th pinion

i got it all together it was late by the time i got to the track it was pretty dark so i threw it down and ran it for about five min it got to dark to see the motor and speedcontrol were well under 120 degrees ax i didn't get my temp gun out but it wasn't hot.. i could easily hold the back of my fingers on it prob. 100degrees.. i went down this morning to the track and plugged everything in,
every thing worked fine. i drove it (walking behind it) approx. 30ft to the track entrance got it on the track and down behind a pipe so no one would hit me worked great! it took me 30-40 seconds to get to the top of the drivers stand when i got there there was no power no throttle no steering nothing......... i got it back to my table there looking for something wrong and the light on my spectrum receiver is not on so i tried different receivers, batteries its not a broken receiver wire cuz the castle link still talks to the speed controller i dont know what to do im allready signed up and payed for our state championship race and its the 12-14th one week away

does this sound like the BEC problem you talked about earlier if so can i run an external BEC just to make the race
If there is no smoke or melted things, then it is likely a BEC problem. If u have a multimeter, hook up everything & measure the voltage ouput from the servo lead of the esc. U should see 5.5V. I had mine DOA only showing less than 1V first time I fired it up.

Just hooking up an external BEC will not work I think. U need to supply power to the esc as well. There is a mod that some people including myself have done to remove the offending components from the esc & hooking up an external BEC to make the monster work again. Having said that, some members also experienced mysterious failure using a modded esc. So, things are not entirely clear at this point.

The place to find our more is :

www.rc-monster.com

Standard disclaimer applies

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 09-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone been running a custom LVC on their MMM V2 I have been using the auto default LVC because I have read in forums that the custom setting can cause problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.