TEAM XTREME PREDATOR X11 >

TEAM XTREME PREDATOR X11

Like Tree1Likes

TEAM XTREME PREDATOR X11

Old 05-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ambo View Post
jeff: I haven't placed my order yet for the X11 but I have ALL the hardware to complete it. Here's my recipe...Tekin R1Pro ESC with 448 BL motor, TrakPower 3200 mAh saddle lipo packs, Futaba BLS 451 servo, Spektrumized Helios EX-10 radio with spektrum micro receiver....

The reason I haven't ordered it yet is I want to get the kit with the BIG BORE shocks. We have gutted and rutted tracks so the new shocks will do the job perfectly IMHO. Could I ask them to include that in the kit when I order it?
yes i am sure they would let you order the kit with the optional shocks.

chadRacing: i would honestly save and get the x11 over the x10 there is so much improvement even though the layout is the same there are alot of changes and it an overall better handling car right out of the box..

goodie: its a kick ass car! true story!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

That's good to hear Jeff. Thanks again for the help!!! I'm feeling quite at home already.....
Old 05-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ambo View Post
That's good to hear Jeff. Thanks again for the help!!! I'm feeling quite at home already.....
hey ambo, once you order the car and receive it . when you are building it i would recommend running the front push rods at 33mm gap between the push rod ball ends instead of the kit setting of 36mm and also unthread the shock ends 2 full turns on front and rear. this will give a lil more droop for cushy landings and bump handling.. also try running the rebound valve on top of the shock piston instead of beneath it on the front shocks. this will help the shocks react quicker for the bumps. and always run the pre-compression springs on the rear.

hope this will help ya out since you have really bumpy tracks.

Last edited by jeff jenkins; 05-16-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

guess i will have to be waiting then
Old 05-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

good things come to those who wait..
Old 05-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

is there any video of the x11 running on a track?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChadRacing View Post
is there any video of the x11 running on a track?
i think there is a video on you tube of one in the u.k.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
i think there is a video on you tube of one in the u.k.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pdccx8nqspc
IMO... It takes quite a few good tumbles.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Good post Linkster!!! Indoor track with smooth and turf combo...Technical indeed....
Old 05-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

yeah the tracks over there look like alot of fun as they are creative using multiple surfaces.. carpet, astro, grass and i think i have seen a bunch of wrestling mats together to make some whoops on a few of the tracks over there..
Old 05-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

looks good in the flats but doesnt handle the jumps too well. unless the driver is awful.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FRANKENSTEIN View Post
looks good in the flats but doesnt handle the jumps too well. unless the driver is awful.
it was all driver error.. the car is great in the bumps.. need another video on a dirt track.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

another thing about the x-10 that put me off a bit was all the massaging that needed to happen to build the kit. a lot of filing and such to get the proper fit. is the x-11 different in this aspect?
Old 05-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

yes the x11 is ifferent in that aspect. reason is because ttech manufactured the x10 and cars before that.. now team xtreme owns the pred line of cars and now manufactures them so the result is a better product meaning no filing and no deburring need.. the car is great in the fit and finish area and no hand fitting required a big plus when comared to the old car.. also the x10 suffered from un-even rocker post alignment and now the x11 has the cnc x-brace which perfectly aligns the rocker post so this is also another resolved issue over the x10.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys
I've been watching this thread with interest. Its a bit embarasing but that video clip is of me. I feel i should point out that as Jeff said most of the problems that day were driver problems! I've known Lewis for years and when asked if i fancied going to race at Worksop that day it seemed like a great idea! I tried to warn him that i had not raced off road since the late 90's!! Also we put the car together that week so were running kit setup.

I had a great day and really enjoyed driving the pred! It was a very steep learning curve though!! You should have seen me earlier in the day!! The car took a huge amount of stick from me including my early feeble attemts to clear the table top! The only time i broke it all day was in the final that you saw when the lap before i went wide onto the straight and bounced off of the wall which i think must have weakened it.

Since that meeting we have been doing a lot of work on the car(and my driving is slowly getting back to were i used to be). Including the new high volume shocks, a modified front top wishbone to get more caster and lots of setup work. I really feel like the car has come on a lot especially over the bumps and in the air. Most of the work has been done at Eden Park Racway which has a big table top. The car seems as good if not better than any car i've seen round there. The most rewarding thing about the last few months with the car is that the cars weak point is now one of its strength! Anyone that doesnt drive one should really be scared!! In the right hands(not mine) i really think it can win any meeting it goes to.

Is there anyone out there running the car on clay with big jumps on a regular basis? I'd really like to share what we have learned and see if it works as well for them.

Adam

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service