Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TEAM XTREME PREDATOR X11 >

TEAM XTREME PREDATOR X11

Like Tree1Likes

TEAM XTREME PREDATOR X11

Old 05-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

ultra line does have some x10 parts still in stock and they have some xrs kits at a great sale price.. the only thing is i tried to order from there site and it wouldn't let me? but the front and rear uprights are the same on the x11 as the x10 and alot of the hardware and shocks so they do have these parts on there site..
Old 05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

this will be my next 4wd buggy...
Old 05-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

I wish the service was as good the car.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Hi Jeff,

Hmmm, the specifications you posted seems very promising indeed. I have to agree that parts support is critical to any cars success with the masses. Even if it's the best handling 4WD buggy on the planet but if there's little or no support at all, people will shy away from it.

Question: Since the selling is being handled by Team Extreme, will the parts be easily available for it? Take note that there are a ton of other cars out there claiming to have excellent customer service (some do by the way ) so they have to be at least be at par with them.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

you can easily order parts for the car through team xtreme website.. shortly there will be a U.S. distributor so it will be even easier for parts support.. also if you want all of the latest news you can visit: www.the-pred.co.uk.
which is a site dedicated to the team xtreme predator cars..
Old 05-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Jeff for the info.!!!! I've been eyeing this 4WD buggy for quite some time now....I'll drop by your team website and have a look around.

Two questions, please bear with me...

1. Is it okay to purchase it directly on-line since there is no US distributor yet?

2. What parts do you recommend to purchase with the kit as spares?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ambo View Post
Thanks Jeff for the info.!!!! I've been eyeing this 4WD buggy for quite some time now....I'll drop by your team website and have a look around.

Two questions, please bear with me...

1. Is it okay to purchase it directly on-line since there is no US distributor yet?

2. What parts do you recommend to purchase with the kit as spares?
yes you can definitely purchase on-line.. the parts that i would suggest getting are :

some front and rear uprights
fl wishbones
uf wishbones
lr wishbones
ur wishbones
rims in bulk pack will save you money
spring tuning pack
spur gear
diff gears

these are parts that would be great to have in your pit box just in case..
and when ordering off of the website only look at the links that have x11 in them or else they are for the x10.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Thank you very much indeed Jeff!!! I'll drop buy your team's website and store and check out the prices....
Old 05-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

awesome dont worry about the prices its worth every penny trust me.. it is the most solid built buggy i have ever owned.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys,

Firstly I would like to apologize to those who haven't had replies. The only reason I can think of is that the old site went down and we made the Team Xtreme one. Therefore we were unable to respond to or pick up any e-mails. Everyone on the pre-order list got the same e-mail when the X11 was released. Our turn-around on spares is a day as soon as we receive an order it is processed and sent out. We keep everything in stock all the time.

The X11 is currently the fastest 4wd on the market and does have the most suspension travel than any other 4wd.

The Predator was actually 8 Times National Champion out of 9 in the U.K.

We also have some larger shocks and new parts that are due to be released soon, which will improve the X11 on tracks other than the U.K.

Please let me know pm or e-mail me for further info.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Also, the Predator has won races world wide. It even won some here in the US in the hands of Brian Kinwald and this was back in the late 90's. It truly is the most advanced buggy I have ever seen. Now, will you guys be releasing a new on road version? What about a 1/10 Truggy? A adapter to fit other wheels could also help out a lot.

Edit: Do you still carry parts for the older kits or can I use parts from the new kit in the old one like the XK98?
Old 05-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

yes the predator has been successful world wide and has been successful in the u.s.a. a while back with the older cars.. and is proving to be successful overseas as we speak.. lots of developments to push the car forward in ways of performance are on the way and trying to find new ways to make this car faster every day.. the team is working very hard on developments..
Old 05-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I raced the X10 for TTech here in the states for some time... about 3 yrs ago. The car was really good... two things I always talked to Richard about were a keyed motor mount (so it wouldnt move when landing hard) and some sort of support for the rocker studs. I got the car to work very well over here, you'd be amazed at what a little droop tuning would do for handling bigger jumps. It was a regular top 3 in our club racing with wins ocasionally, it also made a few A mains when I went out of town.... Its one of the most efficient cars thats for sure.... I pleaded with the factory to get me to the stock nats back then, it would have cleaned up, no question
Old 05-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

well at the moment on the x11 it has alot more support for the rocker post with the new alum cnc x-brace and the motor mount has alot more clamping pressure than the older ones so no problems so far.. also they now have the adjustable droop on the x11 as you can see on th rear gearbox tops they have tabs with the droop screws for easy adjustment which is a critical tuning aid as tony stated..
Old 05-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

testing with the new shocks seem to be very positive with the new big bore shocks that are soon to be released.. way better on the bumps and jumps.. this will be awesome for the tracks here in the U.S. as we have super cross style tracks with very large jumps and bumps.. many more exciting parts to improve the handling of the x11 are on there way but i cannot release any info on them at the moment stay tuned..

other than that current predator drivers all around can use this thread to post there set-ups and any tips they have found on the predator line of cars..

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service