TEAM XTREME PREDATOR X11 >

TEAM XTREME PREDATOR X11

Like Tree1Likes

TEAM XTREME PREDATOR X11

Old 05-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayeddy View Post
It's got the longest suspension arms of any 1/10 4wd buggy so I imagine you could achieve quite a bit of droop for rough tracks. Tire size is the same as any other buggy so ground clearance is the same, just that the body gives you the illusion that it's alot lower to the ground. Try one and let us know.
If money permits I'll be picking one up and doing a total write up and a side by side comparison with my BJ4.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Has anyone run one of these on a US style track?Just wondering because it looks like it would not handle anything with bigger jumps.Anyone have some experience with these?Looks way to cool.
A buddy and i both had x-10's. the first race, he set the track record. the track was fairly smooth though. once they went back to a technical style track with supercross style jumps the car could not be made to work well. for the car not to pancake on the landings the shocks had to be run with really high weighted oil in them and this made the car a dog elsewhere. i cannot remember what oil it was but it was around 50-60wt. those cantilevers just have too much leverage and made dampening the car really hard for u.s. style tracks. unless you are running a track whrere the xxx-4 would shine, i would stay away from the predator for most u.s. indoor offroad tracks.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Initiate

on a side note the track i was referring to is cap city in sac. my bud went back to his xx-4 and i went back to my bj4 w.e. although nothing looks better than the pred, getting it to work here is another story.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FRANKENSTEIN View Post
A buddy and i both had x-10's. the first race, he set the track record. the track was fairly smooth though. once they went back to a technical style track with supercross style jumps the car could not be made to work well. for the car not to pancake on the landings the shocks had to be run with really high weighted oil in them and this made the car a dog elsewhere. i cannot remember what oil it was but it was around 50-60wt. those cantilevers just have too much leverage and made dampening the car really hard for u.s. style tracks. unless you are running a track whrere the xxx-4 would shine, i would stay away from the predator for most u.s. indoor offroad tracks.
I used a combination of thicker oil and stiffer spring. It worked very well. I'll try and get some pictures of my old Predator.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Linkster View Post
The Pred X11 is NICE!!!!
Though I am slightly upset that Team Xtreme stopped replying to me about becoming a Team Driver. (I had talked to them quite awhile and then bam... all contact stopped?)
I know how that is. I tried to talk to them also about becoming a team driver. They would never get back to me. And i was really looking forward ot driving this buggy.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadRacing View Post
I know how that is. I tried to talk to them also about becoming a team driver. They would never get back to me. And i was really looking forward ot driving this buggy.
I sent them an E-Mail last night and got a reply... I was accepted but the fricckin US Dollar is equal to crap so even with the discount its well over $500.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 255 (100%+)

Are there plans to make it so you can use different wheels that just Predator wheels?

Hopefully this revised version does well. I have always liked the looks of the predator, but with the way USA tracks are, I hope that a lot of work has been put in to getting the vehicle to work on them.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Doodad
Do the cantilevers' allow for full stroke on the shocks? The buggy looks very sexy.

yes you get full stroke out of the shocks.
Cain
Are there plans to make it so you can use different wheels that just Predator wheels?

Hopefully this revised version does well. I have always liked the looks of the predator, but with the way USA tracks are, I hope that a lot of work has been put in to getting the vehicle to work on them.

they are still using there own wheels for the x11 but you can get 12mm clamping hex's and use lazer wheels or others have used the hot bodies d4 wheels.
the car is improved alot and works great on u.s. style tracks.

you can get any car to work on any track. my x11 has more travel than any other buggy that i have had so bumps are a none issue.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I own an X10 and can tell you that consistency is the key to being successful with this car on rough/large jump tracks. Obviously consistency allows any car to achieve more but some cars have the ability to save you on rough landings or taking a jump hot per say. The predators need you to tailor your driving with more finess. If you take a large jump aggressively and overshoot the downward slope it will pan horribly, possibly even enough to make the car bounce and flip! Granted you can adjust suspension to deal with this better but then you will lose some traction, it's give and take and theres only so much you can give. If you are a very consistent driver then I would say you can get this car to work well for you on a large jump/rough tracks but if your not it will be a battle for you to get consistently fast laps. On smooth small jump tracks this car is simply Ace and its shortcomings are no where to be seen. Of course this is just my observation and opinion but after owning and dealing with this car for some time now on large jumps I just take what i witness as simply being fact.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by WailinOnYa View Post
I own an X10 and can tell you that consistency is the key to being successful with this car on rough/large jump tracks. Obviously consistency allows any car to achieve more but some cars have the ability to save you on rough landings or taking a jump hot per say. The predators need you to tailor your driving with more finess. If you take a large jump aggressively and overshoot the downward slope it will pan horribly, possibly even enough to make the car bounce and flip! Granted you can adjust suspension to deal with this better but then you will lose some traction, it's give and take and theres only so much you can give. If you are a very consistent driver then I would say you can get this car to work well for you on a large jump/rough tracks but if your not it will be a battle for you to get consistently fast laps. On smooth small jump tracks this car is simply Ace and its shortcomings are no where to be seen. Of course this is just my observation and opinion but after owning and dealing with this car for some time now on large jumps I just take what i witness as simply being fact.

well said.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I like this car but with the high cost and the fact that if you hit somethin it explodes is the reason i stop pursuing the sponsorship. I race with a guy who ran the x10 and now this car and he is pretty fast with it. He is just too nervous to push it hard cause of parts availabilty and cost. I call it the flounder cause that what it looks like on the track, Flat and low.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

such a beautiful buggy. Thought about getting one.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

I have an X10 and an XRS. I love the cars but the support from the new owners has been at best the worst I have ever had on any product. I have tried everything short of walking up to their doors. Next time I am in the UK however I will positively pay them a personal visit. I did nothing but post the ravings about this buggy since Richard let me drive one about 2 years ago. It replaced my BJ4. I spent a ton of money and now the new owners do nothing to help those of us across the pond at all. I even had a pre order for an X11 but after months of no reply and non returned phone calls, not even for parts for my current cars, I dropped out on it. I had several people buy them on my recommendation and letting them drive mine and they all have been treated like wise. If you do go with this buggy you will have most likely the best buggy on the planet but their lack of support, based on my experience and others I know, will leave you out in the cold.

If they show a strong presence in the US for at least 2 years I may look into them again. I do like the buggy that much.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Is Ultraline motoring still selling X10 kits/parts. I just got a new one. They are still advertising. What is different on the X11 besides the blue ano stuff? I may sell it....
Old 05-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

this should tell you whats new..

X-CHASSIS: Carbon fibre filled material is standard on the X11 and the chassis has a new shape too. The outermost edges are radically altered to provide greater ground clearance in roll, plus additional longitudinal and torsional strength and rigidity. HARDENED 3MM HINGE PINS: Precision machined and hardened hinge pins for ultimate strength and reliability X-BLOCKS: The larger diameter hardened 3mm hinge pins are solidly held with a unique and patented system. Beautiful blue aluminium plates fix the end of the pins into place and spread suspension and impact loading. Optional, methodically calculated plates allow fine tuning of anti-dive/squat and toe in angles at the front and rear, allowing these critical angles to be set perfectly for track conditions X-BRACE: The front gearbox has been separated into its two separately functioning areas. 1 - A beautiful and very strong aluminium cross brace, machined from a single piece of high grade aircraft aluminium, accurately locates the suspension rocker crank pivots, suspension pins, and ball raced steering assembly 2 - The reduced gear cover is now only required to protect the gearbox internals and is carbon fibre filled to reduce weight and lower centre of gravity REAR GEARBOX COVER: Now moulded in lightweight carbon fibre filled material, this has additional lugs which provide for easy and precise adjustment of rear suspension droop. FULLY BALL-RACED STEERING: The ultra strong steering link is ball raced and connected to new aluminium steering arms via stainless steel posts. SERVO POSTS: Lightweight and strong aluminium servo posts bolt your steering servo to the chassis. Their new position moves your servo significantly closer to the prop shaft for superior weight distribution with reduced polar inertia. SERVO LINK ROD: This passes directly to the new steering control arm through the bodyshell via a rose joint assembly. The quantity of holes through the chassis is reduced, bringing additional torsional rigidity and strength to the chassis and more precise steering control. X - ROCKER CRANKS: Stunning new suspension Rocker Cranks, machined from a single piece of high grade aircraft aluminium, give superior geometry and strength NEW WISHBONES: All wishbones are graphite as standard, and the upper wishbones have been evolved to include massive high strength M4 turnbuckles for quicker and more precise adjustment of camber. ULTRA PROP-SHAFT: Hand laid-up, woven carbon fibre, tubular prop-shaft. Careful positioning of the carbon fibre weave allows the new prop shaft to transmit the massive power of today's motors with 40% less weight and 50% more torsional strength for amazing high speed spooling and acceleration response. SPUR GEAR: New ultra strong material WING MOUNTS: A new lighter and stronger material with thicker section for added strength LOW PROFILE NOSE CONE: Carefully restyled to match and blend to the angled aluminium front X-Block. Provides massive ground clearance where it counts - for superior bump and jump handling and landing X11 BODYSHELL AND AIR-FLOW PACKAGE: Superior airflow to rear wing, stronger front wing, increased internal cooling, greater mechanical rigidity and an awesome new look for 2007 XTREME ORANGE WHEELS: Continuous testing and development of materials, ensures that the 2007 "Xtreme Orange" is the lightest and strongest we've ever made ONE-WAY (OPTIONAL): An optional front one way unit has been tested by our Team Drivers, and is awesome. Faster response and cornering speed reduce your lap times. The X11 has been designed with this new unit in mind. ADJUSTABLE BRAKES (OPTIONAL): Fits directly and easily into your one-way drive unit. Allows quick precise adjustment of front braking to allow all of the speed benefits of the front one way drive with easy and perfectly balanced handling.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service