Wiki Posts
Search

Narrowing it down

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
here is my XXX-4 that I picked up very cheap!!

You'll make up for the price difference in front steering knuckles and front arms. I love the way the XXX4 felt but it's made of glass...
Old 05-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
You'll make up for the price difference in front steering knuckles and front arms. I love the way the XXX4 felt but it's made of glass...
well the way i drove it saturday night ( ist time in offroad) it held up pretty well
Old 05-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I chose the 4wd B44, over the B4 2wd for one specific reason - Traction.

I started racing with a T4 and after making it very fast things started breaking. I bought a used T3 buggy which was faster and broke much less, I believe because of the overall weight as well compaired to the T4. Driving the 2wd made me a much better driver overall as well.

I ended up switching over to the 4wd because I practice and go to the track for fun more than I race. The track is only preped on race days, and is dusty with low traction most of the time. After a while I was getting fed up with low traction and not enjoying the time I was spending at the track.

After buying the 4wd there was a slight learning curve over the 2wd but it took no time to figure out. I get traction no matter what the condition the track is in and the fun part of the hobby more than doubled. The buggy is more controlable in the air, because of the extra rotation of the front wheels its easier to keep on all 4 wheels and flips over less. (for me any ways)

Just the fun factor is worth the extra expense between the two buggies. As for buying more tires - if your enjoying your self whats an extra $20 for rims and tires every cuple of months. If you are cautios on what tires you use on different surfaces they will last you a long time. I have been using the orgional hole shot tires for the past couple of months racing and practices, and its just now time to change them - though I also have a set of dirt hawgs for off track time.

I hope this helps a little.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr

The front arms on the G+ version are some of the strongest on a 4wd buggy from what I have seen. Losi did a very good job in redesigning them for more strength. I noticed you are still running the graphite front pivot mounts. I would upgrade to these for a stronger buggy.

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...l?sfs=13fe976f

There is also a kingpin mod available from Xfactory that extends the life of the carriers. It is like 15 bucks.

The aluminum front pivot is a must IMO.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mrplease
as for the kits i can only speak of the two i have owned. the b44 & the xxx-4 g+.

i would go with the b44 hands down. i had the xxx-4 g+ that i just recently sold on ebay. it was great but i was ready for a new updated car as it was a few years old. great car though and you can go wrong with either car.

i just bought a b44. its put together with a bunch of upgrades already. i still need to install the electrics but i'm still deciding on what to put in it. but the quality of materials and stuff is really no comparison. the b44 just seems head and shoulders better in my opinion. also it just seems everyone is going towards the shaft driven cars for off-road. i can't wait to run this beast. here are some pics and you can see the quality of it. plus it just looks WAY cooler than all the other 4wd cars...
]

OK not trying to be an a** but sometimes it needs to be done!!

How would you know the B44 is better you haven't even drove it yet, just spent a ton of time and money on upgrades that it doesn't need!!!

All you have done is post a 1000 pics of it cloggin up this thread!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you are after a 4wd car everyone is going to have their own opinion. I personally think the 501x WCE is one of the most capable cars available now--although its quite pricey and you most likely will have to stock up on spares. Totally worth it if you can swing it however.

Another awesome ride is the Zx5 sp which probably has the best out of the box setup of any current car--and its not too expensive, only issue is at some tracks parts supply can be an issue, but like the 501x its not too hard to work around--just have to buy more up front.

Also, the XXX4 g+ is a great car that is pretty easy to drive. If you beef it up with the available alloy parts and some tricks its not as fragile as most people think. Parts are available everywhere, reasonably priced and can run with anything out today. Get the front and rear alloy hinge pin braces, steel CVDs or Losi u-joints, and a front one way and you will be good to go.

These three are at the top of my list.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

maybe because that car is amazing to look at?

Originally Posted by Stallard

How would you know the B44 is better you haven't even drove it yet, just spent a ton of time and money on upgrades that it doesn't need!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

and for the record, a xx-4 WE with raised plastic chassis is the fastest 4wd car ever invented/produced and will be until AE makes a one way last in a b44.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SmItH_aLeX
and for the record, a xx-4 WE with raised plastic chassis is the fastest 4wd car ever invented/produced and will be until AE makes a one way last in a b44.
says who? Have any results/times to back that statement up? Fastest for everyone?
Old 05-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stallard

well as i said i have not driven it yet. but between the two there is no comparison between the quality of materials used. that and the b44 looks way cooler. and it is a newly designed buggy compared to the ancient xxx-4. those were the points i made.

and as for posting all the pics is because i'm proud and exited about the b44. more so than i have been with any other car i've ever bought. i've been waiting since i had a yokomo dogfighter for associated to release a 4wd buggy. and i love it when people post pics of their rides so i can check them out. i often make decisions on many things after seeing a lot of pictures and reading a lot of reviews/opinions. i do it to be helpful as well...

and as other members have said
Originally Posted by SmItH_aLeX
maybe because that car is amazing to look at?
(thanks i appreciate that!!)

oh and you don't need to hate man. i put all kinds of crazy ass expensive parts on all my cars because i can afford to blow a bunch of money on them. sorry...

you should see all the upgrades i've done to my 5 year old sons rc18t
Old 05-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

I know the B44 is killer, but saddlepacks... I want to use the same batteries in my T2 if I want to run it.

Looking at stocking parts for the Lazer.

I am having a little difficulty trying to figure out the extra spare parts I need to get.

I was thinking the following... but more than likely need to just print the manual. However if someone already did their homework, I would appreciate the comments. What else would I need to stock up on for failure parts?

I assume the 7 degree is the setup being run for the caster. Can anyone confirm.

KYOLA252 - Kyosho Type-C Rear Hub Off-4.7/ZX-5 Mid/ZX-5 SP
KYOLA219-10 - Kyosho 10 Degree Caster Knuckle Hub & Carrier (ZX-5)
KYOLA219-7 - Kyosho 7 Degree Caster Knuckle Hub & Carrier (ZX-5)
KYOLA255 - Kyosho Front & Rear Suspension Arm Set (ZX-5 SP)
Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mrplease
well as i said i have not driven it yet. but between the two there is no comparison between the quality of materials used. that and the b44 looks way cooler. and it is a newly designed buggy compared to the ancient xxx-4. those were the points i made.

and as for posting all the pics is because i'm proud and exited about the b44. more so than i have been with any other car i've ever bought. i've been waiting since i had a yokomo dogfighter for associated to release a 4wd buggy. and i love it when people post pics of their rides so i can check them out. i often make decisions on many things after seeing a lot of pictures and reading a lot of reviews/opinions. i do it to be helpful as well...

and as other members have said (thanks i appreciate that!!)

oh and you don't need to hate man. i put all kinds of crazy ass expensive parts on all my cars because i can afford to blow a bunch of money on them. sorry...

you should see all the upgrades i've done to my 5 year old sons rc18t
Then start a thread bragging on your car. I am glad you are proud of it but looks mean nothing. MY B44 is bone stock but guess what? It has turned a 1,000,000 more laps than yours and won a few races. Put you money to use running it!!!!

He may get the idea that you have to have a ton of hop ups for the B44 to be a good car, when it is just a waste of money.

Post some pics, your car is very sharp but man, get a grip, Associated didn't post 1/4 that many pics on their web site.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

wah wah wah...

trust me i've got plenty of other cars i'm racing right now. thats why i'm in no hurry to get my b44 on the track. plus i'm just getting it exactly where i want. and it will be finished by the end of the month...

and ALL my cars have SO many upgrades the don't need. whats your point? besides being a HATER?!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butrflynlambie
I know the B44 is killer, but saddlepacks... I want to use the same batteries in my T2 if I want to run it.

Looking at stocking parts for the Lazer.

I am having a little difficulty trying to figure out the extra spare parts I need to get.

I was thinking the following... but more than likely need to just print the manual. However if someone already did their homework, I would appreciate the comments. What else would I need to stock up on for failure parts?

I assume the 7 degree is the setup being run for the caster. Can anyone confirm.

KYOLA252 - Kyosho Type-C Rear Hub Off-4.7/ZX-5 Mid/ZX-5 SP
KYOLA219-10 - Kyosho 10 Degree Caster Knuckle Hub & Carrier (ZX-5)
KYOLA219-7 - Kyosho 7 Degree Caster Knuckle Hub & Carrier (ZX-5)
KYOLA255 - Kyosho Front & Rear Suspension Arm Set (ZX-5 SP)
I would purchase the SP kit it handles better, get the front hubs which come with 7 and 10 deg caster blocks. front arms for sure and a pair of shock towers.

some parts are sp specific so be careful. You save more buy buying the sp car kit as opposed to the conversion kit and get alot more.

Get a set of rc10b3 titanium turnbuckles for it and it's good to go.

Hey Mr.Please i think your b44 is hawt !! don't worry bout the hater's you proud of your nice b44 and i love to look at pictures of quality rides !!!

i am posting pics of my lazer sp.
Attached Thumbnails Narrowing it down-lazer2.jpg   Narrowing it down-lazer.jpg   Narrowing it down-lazernobody.jpg   Narrowing it down-lrplazer.jpg   Narrowing it down-rb5and-lazer.jpg  

Old 05-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I can see Stallards point. You have a very nice buggy, no doubt. But you have posted the same pictures in this thread and at least two others.

Im not complaining but It does get a little repetitive reading through several threads and seeing the same 16 pictures over and over. - just reiterating Stallards poing thats all.

Its a great buggy and I am glad you shared the pics but change them up a little, or post some of your sons, or the other buggies that you have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.