Old 05-03-2008, 05:29 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would like to see a class like that come back. especially one for nitro
Team Hoagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:59 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Even though the Slash looks just like a CORR truck, who says Losi's body has to. I would love for for this to come back, just wish the XX-4 would also. Like it was said before, JConcepts should look into this for multiple rigs and some kind of universal mount system. After all they make that truck to buggy conversion thing (still not sure about that though).

Chad O

Staggered F/X body painting
Stagger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

I remember hearing back in the day when the Class 8 bodies came out that the body mounts for them were super-fragile. Anybody know anything about that? The body/car/class does look absolutely awesome, but it would be a shame to finally get someone to re-run parts that only last a few laps before snapping.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default yes

Paul your right I tried one back in the day when they came out but like you heard the body mounts were very fragile. On the other hand with newer plastics now I think something could be done to fix that. I hope something might come of it I am a big CORR fan and had fun in this class back then. later Jeremy
Jeremy Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I beat the ...well poop... outta the truck in the pictures. I think I was on the lexan more than the rubber. Nothing broke. The parachute effect is real, especially with todays super cross style tracks. A more tame, technical track would be awesome for a class of these.

Front/rear mounts made of Kydex and basic body mount is all that is needed. I think there is a guy on ebay making kydex bumpers for most 4wd's on the market now. A little heat on the bumper and a flat surface can be made to bolt on a couple T4 front body mounts. With the right body mold, most wing mounts may be used for the rear.

This would be an awesome sight...a 1/2 dozen to a dozen CORR style trucks banging doors on a nice blue groove track.

MANUFACTURERS....ARE YOU LISTENING????
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:43 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yo, JK I PM'ed ya about that bumper and I'd like to pick your brain about setup running that body as well if you get the chance.

I was also looking at the rear mounts, and I think my old X-6 mounts might work for rear mounts if I break my TL parts. As for the front....if I cannot score a bumper I got a few ideas....

"Dudes on the left for hi-fives, girls on the right for making out!"
Strong Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have a new in pack truck body mount set part # losa-4227 i also have one that has been lightly used pm me
aberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nitrotruckn

I hope this momentum keeps going. This class would be off the chain! Count me in. I love it!
"For God so loved the world..." John 3:16

Team FCA Endurance
Hammer Nutrition
Team RFC- chaplain (racers for Christ)
nitrotruckn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

If someone did some body kits, that would be truckin awesome.
Are there any other bodys out there that are close to the CORR style we're jonesin?
HPI, or Proline?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:57 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just saw this. I want one for my zx-5 sp.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:03 AM   #26
Tech Adept

Cuda,

I am working on having my Class 8 body ready for the "members opening" race at OCRC and maybe seeing if a few others will be ready to run thiers (including my girlfriend with a used body that came with my new one) at one of the upcoming Babcock races. Its being done in the traditional Toyota red/orange/yellow/white scheme from the 80s' and 90's.

I believe one of the guys who was posting about this is trying to see if he can get support to have Losi bring back the body. The problem is mounting them as you need the street weapon or XX-4 truck mount kit and XX-4 truck front bumper. After I get the bumper and measure some stuff up I have a few ideas about an alternative to the losi parts. I think the body itself would fit just about anything 4wd that mounts its shocks off the back of the chassis and to the rear of the arm. It looks like there is plenty of room in the front and the rear is made to fit the XX-4 (very tall due to the truck shocks).

Old 05-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #27
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
I believe one of the guys who was posting about this is trying to see if he can get support to have Losi bring back the body.
The latest inside word is that Losi is in the process of deciding to either re-release the body or sell the tooling. The hang up is apparently the same with every other body on the market today, in that it was licensed as a "Ford." The licensing is no longer active and they aren't sure if the costs are worth it. Honestly, they probably aren't (or never were), but IMO the body tooling could be easily changed to make the body a generic Class 8 truck.

We'll see what happens. Either way, I see this coming back.

Stay tuned.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:51 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey Strong One,
As far as mounts go, do you guys remember the long/tall body mounts that were used to mount bodies onto pan cars?
I used some that were actually just 5-6 inch long plastic 1/4-20 hex head bolts.
The head of the bolt was drilled for little 4-40 screws to go thru the bottom of the chassis and mount them just like our servo mounts, shock towers, bulk heads and all that stuff. You know what I mean, right?
Screw right to the chassis and go straight up to the body and had holes drilled sideways thru the tips for body clips
I used that method to put an Alfa Romeo rally body on my JRX2 way back in the late 80's.
Also, the front body mount on my beater $50 Traxxas Nitro Rustler bolts across the front shock tower between the top of the shocks and has posts out on the ends.
Both of these methods would work fine for a truck body on just about any chassis. I would use it again if I got a body for my XX4, I actually still have the JRX2 with the mounts still on it, but that front mount was an old "Andy's" front bumper with body mounts sticking up from that just like a modern touring car uses.
That's more than 2 cents!
Old 05-09-2008, 04:44 AM   #29
Tech Adept

I know exactly what you are talking about . Thanks for the ideas!! At this point I am waiting on PMs from JKRacing and aberry. If all goes well and I end up with two front bumpers I am going to mock them up on my car and work with an existing class 8 body that came with my unpainted one, I can then experiment with the front holes and how to mount things. I have an idea for the rear using XFactory X-6 wing mounts but the 2* of angle they have built in will have to be shimmed out. I have some old HPI mini mounts to try out as well but the idea is to come up with easily purchased, reliable and reasonably priced way of mounting the body so if on the off chance the body becomes available again, or more start coming out of the woodwork we don't have to rely on scouring stores for the stock Losi mount and bumper kit. With any luck if the body does become available then the mount kit will be done as well. The only thing I really need is a bumper at this point and I can get to measuring and tinkering.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #30
Tech Adept

i personaly think a corr truck class is just what the electric racing world needs that new traxxas slash and the losi desert truck are both way cool. personaly i would love to see another magor race company like ae or kyosho bring one of thease to the market. i would be all over a brushless/lipo mod class for the corr truck. just need to keep it to a spec class or mod class i dont whant to end up seeing roar put their ruthless rules anywhere near this class wich i dont see that happening but ya this class is a definate must have. i was just getting out of rc racing when that corr class was getting started. THIS CLASS IS A MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!
roscoe71 is offline   Reply With Quote