Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9.6v Battery in a 7.2 volt car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 06:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 9.6v Battery in a 7.2 volt car?

Hey, I admit it, I'm a newb on this forum, but I didn't know where else to turn for my question.

I took a quick glance around, didn't see my question asked, my apologies if you get it every two weeks....I know how anoying that is from the computer Overclockers forum I go to.

Anyways, I have this old 9.6v AA Ni-Cad battery. I have a car I'm modding and it uses a 7.2 volt battery with sub-C's. Same connector on both. Is it ok to "overvolt" it with the 9.6 volt battery? And, I have a kind of crazy plan to use a connector from an old car to have dual batteries in series. Can the increased current cause any damage? And what if I used two different voltage batts? (The 7.2 and the 9.6)

Really sorry for the long, overly complex, probably overly posted by others post. Thanks in advance guys!

-Jeff
Old 07-28-2003, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

what type of esc are you using? If your using one that can handle the equivelent of 9 cells then it will work.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Don't run AA's in high drain conditions, they will overheat very quickly.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:57 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm not sure what the speed controller is - I'll explain.

I'm using an old Nikko Thor 4wd I found in my attic. It was busted up, but I had this other Nikko with interchangable parts. So I fixed it, and then stripped it up extraneous crap, only the battery didn't work.

So I have NO clue what the electronics and innards are, sorry. :-/

As for the heating up thing....well, if they'll get too hot I guess I shouldn't use them anyways. :-p Anything hotter then the 7.2 I'm running on now would be at boiling point.

Thanks,

-Jeff