R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   integy sny good? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/219530-integy-sny-good.html)

LEWETHETIGER73 04-29-2008 04:46 AM

integy sny good?

So I have never heard of these guys, are they any good? Or just so so. Saw them for sale on ebay.

OTE_TheMissile 04-29-2008 05:01 AM

In 8 years of racing I've yet to meet a happy Integy customer. Their electronics like battery chargers, etc., maybe, but there's much cheaper stuff out there that's capable of a lot more. Aluminum parts, avoid them like the Plague

RedBull_81 04-29-2008 12:35 PM

I like there tools http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKTH6&P=ML & http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKTJ6&P=7. I dont really know anything about there electronics and such.:tire:

LEWETHETIGER73 04-29-2008 03:43 PM

Well I was going to buy there aluminum stuff but I guess not. Thanks for not letting a mistake happen guys.

Edumakated 04-29-2008 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by LEWETHETIGER73 (Post 4398493)
So I have never heard of these guys, are they any good? Or just so so. Saw them for sale on ebay.

Only if you like throwing your money away.

FRANKENSTEIN 04-29-2008 09:37 PM

their stuff is junk. chinese low budget junk. buy it if you want an expensive 'looking' shelf queen but thats all its good for in my opinion.

OTE_TheMissile 04-30-2008 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by FRANKENSTEIN (Post 4401127)
their stuff is junk. chinese low budget junk. buy it if you want an expensive 'looking' shelf queen but thats all its good for in my opinion.

Even then...Integy has such a bad reputation that I'll look at a show truck and the 'Integy' that's laser etched into every part, and when I see those logos it's like they're telling me "See this part we made? It sucks! Or how about this one? It sucks too! These over here, they'll break first time you run the truck" etc. etc.

It's like taking a top dollar Barrett-Jackson quality muscle car and putting "Honda CRX" stickers all over it. Even if it's a 100% trailer queen, still you literally feel bad associating yourself with them.

Alltapdout 04-30-2008 06:21 AM

I depends on what kind of parts you are buying. I have a set of rear hubs for a rustler....No problem, and their half as expensive as the ones traxxas makes. And a good friend of mine runs some of their stuff on a revo, also, no problems, he has the servo protector's, main drive shaft guard with carbon/fiber, and a few other small pieces. And had run them for years. I would have to agree with them not making the best stuff in the world. Do other company's make better stuff...Probably, that's why their prices are higher.
My friends and I have had pretty good luck with their stuff. :nod:
Good luck

theanimaleide 04-30-2008 08:49 AM

well i have had their tools and they are great, and their motors and discharge tray also were great when i used them. so i would not say all their stuff is bad.

dynodan22 04-30-2008 09:37 AM

I have their tools and haven't had one strip on the head yet. I also
have there charger that I bought used froma fellow rc'r. The charger does lipos,nimh,nicd, discharges at 30 amps, built in dyno, and build in power supply (ac). I use it all the time. It came with clear instructions. I haven't
had to use and service from them yet so I don't know how they are on that
part. I also haven't used their aluminium parts. But I also wouldn't mix aluminium with plastic my self any ways in a design. Their not a complete
crap company they just have certain things that are not as good as
other designs.

Dynodan22

OTE_TheMissile 04-30-2008 11:11 AM

One guy on another forum got some Integy aluminum bulkheads for his T-Maxx, first time he rolled it the shock tower took its mounting ears clean off. Literally looked like they'd been machined away, I've never seen aluminum break that cleanly before. And it broke in the strangest place; normally when you do that the break goes through the holes for the bottom screw on each side, which makes sense because that's where there's the least material. His broke where the mounts met the core area of the bulkhead, above the differental. I've got a Maxx myself and I didn't even realize what was broken until he pointed it out.

Then he reads over the warranty info (as well as posts a copy of it on the forum) and after some legal-ese deciphering we all came to the conclusion that the warranty ends basically when you install it in the truck. Really the only way you could ever return something to them was if you got it in the mail and immediately realized you had the wrong part.

I buy a vast majority of my tools from regular hardware stores (and I get brands like WiHa, Craftsman, etc.), and I've never had reason to buy a charger that does anything but charge batteries, so I can't really make any calls on that. But I do know their aluminum parts are GARBAGE, both through hearing the horror stories and looking at them myself as a mechanical engineer, they aren't very well designed at all. And if one sector of their production is that bad, how much of my faith can I really put into their other products?

nutz4rcyktw 04-30-2008 12:19 PM

Several of us run their shocks on Mini Ts and Sliders. Recently we have had a rash of the aluminum shock bodies snap in two. The aluminum evidently has thin spots and when pressure is applied (roll over or hard hit) the barrel of the shock snaps. I have never had that problem with the ones Losi makes to replace the plastic kit shocks.

dynodan22 04-30-2008 01:05 PM

I heard of the aluminium parts being poor, probably crap aluminium or 6060
quality. I think integy trys to get their fingers in everything instead of
trying to focus on a couple of product lines. But what expect for chinese parts made of metal. But the price is good :lol: which most people seem to care about now days instead of quality:( Me I just run what came with my losi or buy the correct car for the correct job.

Dynodan22