R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #16
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
But I do have one thing on ya, I've got the original rear shock tower with no holes. Woohoo!
Yeah, that was an early part on early cars. The very early models also had single hole rear 5-link arms, a different motor plate and a few other different parts. This car would have been one of the later batches of the first-run Losis.

Bring it out! This event will be a great display of old tech R/C race cars. And if gas isn't $5 a gallon by then, I just might be able to make it out there with the "toys."
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:16 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

man those r some nice vintage rc's.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #18
Super Moderator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
Yeah, that was an early part on early cars. The very early models also had single hole rear 5-link arms, a different motor plate and a few other different parts. This car would have been one of the later batches of the first-run Losis.

Bring it out! This event will be a great display of old tech R/C race cars. And if gas isn't $5 a gallon by then, I just might be able to make it out there with the "toys."
Yep, got em, got it, and probably what ever else too, it's a very early kit. Besides the cracking orange wheels that I tossed my Love threw out the original almost plain white Introductory Series box top, with no pictures, that one still hurts. But I have a partial decal sheet and the manual. An early truck too. And at least something of every major version since.

Noticed the orange antenna tube, I remember an off white/natural tube, do you or anyone else know what is correct? Do you have the correct wing and body? I do, but I sure wish I had an extra unpainted one (hint hint, is anyone out there?).

Sad to say the event is too far away. Hopefully someone can post some pictures, both action and pits.

Enjoy all!
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Thumbs up

Quote:
Noticed the orange antenna tube, I remember an off white/natural tube, do you or anyone else know what is correct? Do you have the correct wing and body? I do, but I sure wish I had an extra unpainted one (hint hint, is anyone out there?).
Stock was a semi-opaque white tube with a bit of a curve to it. The orange antenna, batteries, electronics and the rest of the car is exactly how I ran mine in '88...

I have a correct unpainted wing and body that will get painted up before this event, if not sooner. Good luck finding the body new and unpainted—they are about as rare as it gets now in Losi-land. I've been searching for a while.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Stock was a semi-opaque white tube with a bit of a curve to it. The orange antenna, batteries, electronics and the rest of the car is exactly how I ran mine in '88...

I have a correct unpainted wing and body that will get painted up before this event, if not sooner. Good luck finding the body new and unpainted—they are about as rare as it gets now in Losi-land. I've been searching for a while.
Cool ride. Thanks for the tube confirmation, I'm set.

I do have an extra body that I started to paint with a stripe on the rear and messed up. Is there any way to remove paint without messing up the body?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

this race just sounds steamy! To bad my checking account is devoted to Vegas this year
Old 04-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I think I might have to buy one of the tamiya re-released cars just for this race. My first car was a hornet so I could pick one up and just mount it on the shelf after one race.
tschenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Questions??

I'm not sure if the "new" re-released versions of old kits will be allowed, so you might want to check with Erich on that one.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:12 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
this race just sounds steamy! To bad my checking account is devoted to Vegas this year
That's what your credit card is for. Maybe Schumacher could be an event sponsor and send a representative

Quote:
I'm not sure if the "new" re-released versions of old kits will be allowed, so you might want to check with Erich on that one.
Erich posted on another forum that re-releases are allowed

I'm really looking forward to this race. Not only will it be fun to race my blackfoot again, but RCHR is a top notch facility.
CCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:25 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCristo View Post
Erich posted on another forum that re-releases are allowed
Cool, good to know. Now, if I could just get Yokomo to re-release the first Dogfighter.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 PM   #26
Tee
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Oh boy am I drooling now. I keep putting off a rebuild, mine's Proformance Kitted as it sits. ......!

You spelled "Proformanance" wrong... Check the spelling on the upgerade kitbox, it's "Proformanance", although ALL other spelling elsewhere of the intended word is "Proformance", as you have it. Check that out if you still have a box. Maybe they fixed the later boxes, but the one I got said "Proformanance" that's stuck in my mind since then. Ever heard that mentioned?
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
You spelled "Proformanance" wrong... Check the spelling on the upgerade kitbox, it's "Proformanance", although ALL other spelling elsewhere of the intended word is "Proformance", as you have it. Check that out if you still have a box. Maybe they fixed the later boxes, but the one I got said "Proformanance" that's stuck in my mind since then. Ever heard that mentioned?
Well that would be one "bite me" and one "humm...very interesting" Cause I still have both! Did notice it, but I'm not sure which one is which anymore.

But I got you on the "ALL", as both of my manuals use the lonong version.

So back at ya: When was it a JR-X2, and when was it a JRX-2? For what it's worth, I've always called it a JR-X2. Figured that Junior stood by itself.

Which brings to mind Larry the Cable Guy's classic about Martin Luther King Junior High School, but I digress....
Old 05-02-2008, 08:37 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Start charging those 1200SC Sanyos... BUMP charger, anyone?

For what it's worth, I know a lot of vintage collectors are planning on attending with their cars on display, so this will also turn out to be a great show of vintage cars, too. Bring 'em out!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:37 AM   #29
Tech Rookie

Proud to announce Tamiya as a sponsor! Keep checking back for updates and a list of cars that can run.
Erich Reichert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:14 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

WOW, that is HUGE news!
2012 Short Course Nationals at R/C Madness. August 3-5. Sponsored by TLR, Losi, Horizon Hobby, Futaba, AKA, Tekin, Trakpower, Castle Creations, Duratrax, HiTec. TheToyz.com, RC Driver, Spektrum, G4 Graphics, Dynamite, Proline, FullForceRC, Team Associated and MORE!
RCMadness is offline   Reply With Quote