Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

that is what i was thinking.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

I would go with the G+ version.

it is a completely different car.

its like a XXX-BK2 compared to a XXX-KE

4WD is a completely new driving experience, and it is good to switch between the 2 (or 3 if you run a truck) classes as it feel all new again each time, and you can implement things your learned racing in other classes.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Doughty
I would go with the G+ version.

it is a completely different car.

its like a XXX-BK2 compared to a XXX-KE

Not true at all. The only thing different is the shock towers. Everything else is just a graphite/titanium/aluminum version of the same thing.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

OK then, XXcr compared to a XX

the point being that there ARE some major differances in the kit

not to mention all the cool bits you would have to buy after market.

I would imagine it will have the red belt in there as well
Old 10-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

is the red belt stronger?
Old 10-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nope, the green belt is supposed to remain standard. Everyone here still runs the green belt anyway. It works better supposedly.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

So whats the deal with the front oneway. I heard their pretty fragile and the car needs one to be fast.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

from what I understand the red belt is slightly narrower.

with regard to the one way, it only breaks when you dont treat it right, things like keeping the power on when rolling and one of your front wheels 'snatching' on the floor while on your roof will weaken it and proberbly break it.

I have also had them start to fail intermitently so that every so often you would lose drive to one of the front wheels. next lap or next few corners it would be fine.

though in the UK we have tracks that are more aggressive on transmissions with very snatchy grass and astroturf.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

proracer3- I would definitely recommend the new XXX-4 GP. It has all the freshest parts in it.

spongebob- Depending on the style of the track you are running on, the one-way can improve corner speed and overall steering. I personally haven't had any problems with durability with the current one-ways.

Matthew Bailey-The red belts are 4.5mm, 0.5mm narrower than the standard green belt. They free up the drive train quite a bit. I don't know for sure if they will be available as part of the XXX-4 GP. However, there is also a dialed new body and wing that will be included in the XXX-4 GP once it is released.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

I used a home-made narrowed belt a few weeks ago in a stock race. It freed up the drive train alot but an the expense of weakening the drive train.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

does anyone know when the gp version is going to be released
Old 10-04-2003, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

I heard sometime in November
Old 10-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

i also have a xxx, xxxt, and a xxx4. the only problem i have with the xxx4 is small short jumps. it is very hard to control it will either overshoot the jump or land nose first. i do not have a oneway in it i understand that would help. the jumps are only about 2 ft apart and there are 4 of them so you cant jump all of them you have to clear a double then 2 smaller ones. i am running a 10 single with a lot of torque and amazing speed. geared stock spur i think and a 16t pinion and its still to fast for the track. the track is a high bite but not blue groove close to it though. i run silver springs in the front with 30 wt and red in the back with 22.5wt now (i had 35wt and the rear swung out on turns).

any info on what everone does to get this thing to jump perfect. every once in a while if you hit the jump a certain way it jumps great and everyone at the track has this problem.

its funny the xx4 handles the track great and lap times are lower and more consistent than with the xxx4 but its not as fast nor does it accelerate as fast.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Try the 10F front pivot and go down to a pink or yellow rear spring and see how it goes. If you're at 3R now can try 1R.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by mstng87gt
i also have a xxx, xxxt, and a xxx4. the only problem i have with the xxx4 is small short jumps. it is very hard to control it will either overshoot the jump or land nose first. i do not have a oneway in it i understand that would help. the jumps are only about 2 ft apart and there are 4 of them so you cant jump all of them you have to clear a double then 2 smaller ones. i am running a 10 single with a lot of torque and amazing speed. geared stock spur i think and a 16t pinion and its still to fast for the track. the track is a high bite but not blue groove close to it though. i run silver springs in the front with 30 wt and red in the back with 22.5wt now (i had 35wt and the rear swung out on turns).

any info on what everone does to get this thing to jump perfect. every once in a while if you hit the jump a certain way it jumps great and everyone at the track has this problem.

its funny the xx4 handles the track great and lap times are lower and more consistent than with the xxx4 but its not as fast nor does it accelerate as fast.
I ran once at bluegrass hobbies (www.bluegrasshobbies.com for pics of the track) this summer and they had some jumps that made the car nose dive. The changes I made that helped was 10F front kickup as rwjso recommended and a bit more pack in the front suspension (smaller hole piston). I think I also went to a slightly stiffer front spring but I would have to get my notes out. Your red spring in the rear maybe your main source of your problem though.

As for the XX4 being faster. There are going to be tracks that the XX4 is going to be better suited. However with the correct tunning on the XXX4 I believe it will be overall faster on a majority of tracks. If your XXX4 is truely out accelerating the XX4s and is truely faster in the straits then you have to figure out where you are loosing time. It's either over the obstacles or in the turns. If it is the obstacles change your approaches and choose better lines. If it's in the turns work on finding a different setup that will allow you to carry more corner speed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.