Losi xxx-4

Old 04-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Caution! May contain adult material!

Whatcha think, I figured that you couldn't have a xxx-4, without a little XXX on it!
Attached Thumbnails Losi xxx-4-dsc00511.jpg   Losi xxx-4-dsc00518.jpg   Losi xxx-4-dsc00522.jpg  
Old 04-24-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Alltapdout
Yes, you can put a xxx-s 1-way in the diff, others could probably tell you better than I. I think it just comes in a kit. #losa3245. I dont run one because i didn't think it was going to help my racing abilitys I'm not even sure what they would help...(If someone could fill me in I would greatly appreciate it!).

Peace.
The XXX-S oneway works but the bearings don't hold up very well to the stress of offroad. X-Factory has oneways made by a company in England that are supposed to hold up alot better and fit the XXX4. (I've never used either, so I'm just repeating what I heard quite a few people say)

As far as helping your driving. Between my experience with my XXX4 without a oneway and cars I have driven since with a oneway, it can make a huge difference expecially on a tight track.

http://www.xfactoryrc.com/news_06_20_06.htm
Old 04-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Whatcha think, I figured that you couldn't have a xxx-4, without a little XXX on it!
man thats a good one! howd u mont that gtb in the back? i had problems with mine being there so i center mounted it. to me it feels better balanced in the air.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanx Jrr. I didn't actually have any problems mounting it, Its just a pain to find spots for the capicators!..If you look close, I've actually have two under there??? The spectrum sucks alot of juice when your battery gets low.
@ first I mounted the gtb in front but I had to cut the body so that fan would fit up there, so I went to the rear again oh well...What kinda problems did you have mounting it in the front. I'm always looking for good idea's..
Old 04-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi, guys. I have been into nitro over the past few years, but I am considering going electric and buying a XXX-4 G. A couple of questions:

1) I heard this buggy is pretty fragile - is this true based on your experiences?

2) I would consider the Mamba 5700 or 6900. What are your experiences?

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the original XXX-4 was somewhat fragile - as an example, the original front shock towers broke easily, and in lieu of this were completely redesigned with the release of the G+. I've had no problems with the updated version of the tower.

some guys also have problems with one-ways, though I've never had any situation like that personally.

Overall though, I think some guys make the XXX-4 seem worse than it actually is in terms of durability...
Old 04-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mariog7
Hi, guys. I have been into nitro over the past few years, but I am considering going electric and buying a XXX-4 G. A couple of questions:

1) I heard this buggy is pretty fragile - is this true based on your experiences?

2) I would consider the Mamba 5700 or 6900. What are your experiences?

Thanks.
the mamba 5800 because all four wheeles are getting power to the ground. but when you run something so fast the tires baloon up and your getting no traction. I would run a 19T even thats what im going to run when I get mine.
its still fast a hell with a 19 even
Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Hey Mitch just wondering when u told me that u whated to get a 4wd but you said if u were going to get one u would get a BJ4 what mad u decid on geting the xxx-4wd buggy insted?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losi09
Hey Mitch just wondering when u told me that u whated to get a 4wd but you said if u were going to get one u would get a BJ4 what mad u decid on geting the xxx-4wd buggy insted?
cause its sthupa DIALED
Old 04-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrr102486
man thats a good one! howd u mont that gtb in the back? i had problems with mine being there so i center mounted it. to me it feels better balanced in the air.

I also had a lot of problems mounting my GTB velocity system, i ended up removing the fan as it was my only option appart from destroying the body, i also raised the rear body mount about 1/4" just to give the ESC and motor some more room. I live in a cool area so heat wont be a problem.

Heres a pic of the install of my GTB, i made a custom lexan mount to secure the capacitor near the rear shock tower. Very very tight fit for all of this stuff, im used to RWD buggies, this thing is super cramped compared to my old XXX

Also a pic of my nice new buggy before it gets thrashed, looking foward to cutting some laps very soon
Attached Thumbnails Losi xxx-4-gtb-velocity-install-pic.jpg   Losi xxx-4-xxx4-g-pic-4-smaller.jpg  
Old 04-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Your buggy looks really good.

It takes me back to when I use to run 2wd and 4wd DC.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanx Jrr. I didn't actually have any problems mounting it, Its just a pain to find spots for the capicators!..If you look close, I've actually have two under there??? The spectrum sucks alot of juice when your battery gets low.
@ first I mounted the gtb in front but I had to cut the body so that fan would fit up there, so I went to the rear again oh well...What kinda problems did you have mounting it in the front. I'm always looking for good idea's..
the only problems i had was the actual fitment and then obviously the body. all i really did was run the amb and servowire along the side first and then mounted the speedo as close to those wires as possible to accomadate the capacitor and extra wires as well. to me it seems balanced for my driving, that and also i got it to drive more like my 8ight. ill post some pics once i get it fixed
Old 04-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by m_perkins
cause its sthupa DIALED
Man that all depends on your track. I started out with an XXX4 but all the tracks around here are loamy and rough. XXX4 just doesn't handle the rough well. The XX4 does. Alot of the guys around here are doing real well with the Academy buggy too.

I guess I ought to add that alot depends on your level of driving. Mines on the lower side of middle I am sad to say.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kzacher
Man that all depends on your track. I started out with an XXX4 but all the tracks around here are loamy and rough. XXX4 just doesn't handle the rough well. The XX4 does. Alot of the guys around here are doing real well with the Academy buggy too.

I guess I ought to add that alot depends on your level of driving. Mines on the lower side of middle I am sad to say.
yeah but all I drive on is smooth tracks . JBRL and club races .
Old 04-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by m_perkins
yeah but all I drive on is smooth tracks . JBRL and club races .
yeah wait till JBRL goes to Hemet, Camarillo, and Revelation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.