Losi xxx-4

Old 09-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

If you click on the link in my above response, you will see my arms.

They are Delrin and there is absolutely no change in the geometry vs the stock arms.

The Delrin has almost zero twist. I would bet even less than the revised Losi arms.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Dingus, not saying yours twisted. Just that the new Losi arms really didn't change that drasticly from the current ones. From the top they look exactly the same as what you buy now. From the front profile they have more thickness in the middle due to a cross pattern stiffening rib added lengthwise to the top and bottom of the arm.

I have yet to break the most recent arms and Losi is telling their factory drivers to stop using the aluminum pivots with the G+ arms because they are worried that they might break a chassis before they break an arm with the aluminum pivot.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

I could see where less twist in the arm's would be nice. I ran the plastic ones forever and just now finially went to the graphite to try to get some better response from the front end. I could tell some difference on the track. The graphite ones I have still twist a bit but not near as much as the plastics did.

I would like to try Dingus' arms for that outter hole position. Maybe I'll get around to ordering some oneday.

Who really will stop running the aluminum pivot supports with the new arms? Especially after spending a small fortune on all of them.

Old 09-29-2003, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Default XXX-s convert to xxx-4

Help!

I want to convert my other xxx-s to xxx-4.
What parts do I need to get?

Thanks.

CE!
Old 09-29-2003, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Lots. There is almost nothing shared except bearings, a few screws and the steering bellcranks. Even the differential case in the front has some differences if I remember correctly.

I wouldn't recommend it it would be easier to buy a new kit. If you want to compare the parts go to losi's site and print out exploded views of each chassis.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Jared is right, buy a kit. It is easier to list the parts that stay the same, rather than the ones that change.

Steering Bellcranks
Differentials
Bearings
Rear Bulkhead Cap
Battery Strap
Gear Cover
Belt Tensioner

Just buying a chassis, the slipper assembly, and CVD's would be close to $150, not to mention the shocks, suspension arms and pivots, hubs, shock towers, hardware, etc.........
Old 09-29-2003, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Skip or Jared,

Either of you guys run the Trinity Aluminum rear hubs in 2wd or 4wd? Just curious what you think and what feel it gives.

Do you guys run the 1R or 3R on the back.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

I have a set of trinity 0 deg rear hubs I run on the 2wd every now and then. I pesonally don't like the feel of them on choppy tracks and therefore is the reason I don't run them much. However they are a must sometimes in cold weather just to beef up that part of the car. They can also be a nice tunning feature here and there. At the ROAR Region 5 a few weeks ago I was looking for some Trinity 1 deg rear hubs for the 4wd. The track was very smooth and I wanted to play with roll center a bit but never had found a set to use.

It would be my guess that trinity will re-tool them for the BK2 that is about to come out. So you might find a set on sale.

So in re-cap...they have their moments. LOL

-----------------------

For the rear pivot I almost always run 3R. I like how the car rides the track that I race on with that pivot support. But it's also one of the first things I change.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

In 2wh, I have one car with the aluminum pivot and hubs, and one car with the stock parts. For outdoor tracks I run the aluminum car, for indoor, choppy, or extremely slick tracks I run the car with the plastic parts. The plastic parts seem to make more traction in the 2wh.

I hadn't run the aluminum hubs on the 4wh until the Nat's. I only did it there for durability. There were two very high speed, sweeping corners that had some very small, sharp ruts that would break rear hubs. On that track with the super high bite we had available, I didn't notice any differences in the handling. This was using 2 washers (stock height) on the hub. Also the hubs on the 4wh are 1 deg hubs.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm thinking of getting a xxx-4....or the yokomo .... any opinions on comparing these two cars? Pros and cons? Thx.

Gary
Old 09-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Also, what is a good esc for 4wd buggy? I'm thinking either the LRP 7.1 or the quantum competition II??

G
Old 09-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

loosenut - in getting ready for the worlds I tried the MX-4 (the new Yok only recently became available in the US) and I liked the car, but I had plenty of spare parts so I wasn't afraid to break it. The XXX4 is easier to work on, easier to get to the diffs. The car is much more stable with the new rear shock tower. Now with the graphite car coming out. It's a great deal. Hard to beat, unless you want to be different from the crowd.

As far as ESC- I'm a Novak kinda guy, but I would think the Quantum is a good way to go to because it is smaller.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Skip and Jared - thanks for the info.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

I run mine with a Novak GT7 speedo. An LRP 7.1 is a tight fit. You would be better off looking at something like the quantum, or if you want to go orange the GT7. Space is tight on the chassis once you mount a transponder.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

There are a couple of guys running the yokomo at my track. The main problem with the car is that it seems to be easy to break the front bulkhead. As for the Losi(what i run) it is easy to break almost anything on the front end of the car. i have the new towers, and they are better, but not bulletproof. The new arms are a vast improvement. The losi needs a front one-way on my track(high bite clay), and that will set you back another 60 bucks.

Both cars are easy to break, especially if you plan to run mod where the speeds are just insane. My track(and almost every other track) only stocks losi parts, so if you get a yoke, buy lots of spares.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.