(those are 100% replacement parts)
Plus front and rear arm mounts (full set ) 1105, 1108, 1110, 1107
to make 0,2,4 deg kick up. but work well
Everything red anodized aluminium. everything new in box
let me know if interested.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello fellow racer,I have a problem with my buggy.I need help from you guys,What do I need to put in the bottom of my chssis to eliminate some DEEP scratches and BREAKAGE? I bought it at my LHS cost me $9.00.
They called it chassis protection (palstic one). It was not good enough and came off easily. What else do I need to put? Pls.help me thank you.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i am interested in gettting one of these buggies. where can i get one online and for the best price? does it need any "essential" hop-ups? i won't be racing it, not even at the club level, but i'd still like to know if there are any necessary hop-ups from the start. and what other 4wd off-road buggies are there?
thanks
Old 06-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

there is a huge discussion somwhere on here called electric buggy, or electric 4wd about 4wd buggies, and everyone brageged on theirs, just a lot of bs to sift through. There are several good buggies, the zx-5, xxx4, xx4, BJ4, x-5, and I am sure I am missing some. each has advantages ver others, if you go with the xxx4, the plastic is more durable than the graphite, however if you are a really good driver this is almost a non-issue.
As for something to protect the bottom, for $25.00 you can get a new plastic chassis. I hardly ever get scratches on the bottome of mine, just run it on a hard track and burn those scratches off. I WD40 my electric chassis to help with cleaning, this might also help the chassis slide over the rocks or whatever is scratching your chassis, but I highly doubt it. Maybe you could cut a sheet of lexan and glue it to the bottom.
HTH
Rod
Old 06-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

here is a link to that thread
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115168
HTH
Rod
Old 06-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

RaceAce701 - xxx4 = 2.10, xx4 = 2.30

jimlazaro - for that chassis tape, make sure everything that the adhesive touches is cleaned well. i wipe mine down with a wet rag to get all the big build up off, then use motorspray on a rag to wipe it down again. It won't stick if the chassis isn't clean. Nothing, other than metal maybe, will eliminate deep scratches; sometimes they can't be avoided. And there's really nothing that will eliminate breakage, other than driving the car easy. A majority of the car is a plastic composite, which is designed to give a little. but it will still break. I've used this stuff before , the carbon fiber looks really dialed, but it's more expensive. They have the clear/colored stuff - 3 sheets for $16.50, and you can usually do 2 chassis with 1 sheet. most local motorcycle shops carry that stuff.

macnkitty2002 - check with your local hobbyshop first, they should be able to get one for you. If you get the XXX-4 G+, you shouldnt need to add anything right off the bat, just your electronics, and possibly some different tires depending on the terrain you're running on.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Lars Johnson, thanks for the info. i hear that the XXX-4 G+ really shines on smooth tracks, but tends to be a handful on rutted up tracks. is this true? if so, there's bound to be something you can do about it. also, what tires do people run for 4wd off-road electric buggies? as in what brands? you don't use 1/10 truck tires do you?

i prefer to purchase my cars online because they are generally cheaper. but the cheapest i have found so far is about $329. i guess by the time i pay shipping it will be the same cost if i had bought it as a hobby shop.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No worries, $329 is about what you're going to pay, it looks like Horizon is out of stock right now. I've run my XXX-4 on pretty much every racing surface, short of blown out 1/8th scale tracks. And honestly, i dont think it's as bad as people say it is. Yes, the XX-4 does handle better on rough surfaces; ie: the Worlds in Italy last year, but here in the USA, you're not going to see that type of 1/10th scale offroad track all too often. For example - the last electric race i was at, my car was head and shoulders faster than the BJ4's coming thru the super-rutted sweeper, but struggled a bit leading up to the jumps, where it would just catch the bumps a little wrong. Any car can be a handful , just depends on how much work you want to put into it, to make it fast. As far as tires - I usually run Losi Taper Pins for most racing applications, you'll probably find that Blockhead fronts, and X-2000 Rears will last longest and be more of a neutral starting point. There are bigger/smaller lugged tires, depending on where you run it (Step Pins, Ifmar Studs). Proline makes front/rear 4wd tires too, but i rarely run em And no - no truck tires.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

I have been running proline step pins and bowties in the rear, and Losi studs in the front. Panther also makes some good buggy tires. Any rear buggy tire will work, but for fronts there is a very limited selection. The XXX4 is a kick in the pants, fast and nimble.
HTH
Rod
Old 06-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for all the help guys, i am really getting interested now. i would be running it on 1/8 buggy tracks, after the races, so the track is pretty chewed up, but still relatively smooth. i just want something to use when the rest of the nitros are off the track and maybe get some more interest in it. by the way, does the XXX-4 G+ come with wheels and tires? if so, are they any good and what conditions are they good in?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

they come with taper pins, which is like a switch. they are really good at hard packed and blue groove tracks. If you look on the team losi page at the bottom there is a tire recommendation chart link, and they show what they feel are the best tires. If you run yours modified, you can probably beat some of the 1/8th scale buggies. If the track is smooth, and rough, the taper pins might work, I don't have any of those so I can't be sure, but most of the guys I race with run the bowties, step pins, or the losi studs, or the panther pins/studs.
HTH
Rod
Old 06-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

awesome, this is great info. i would probably run a brushless in it simply because i don't want to have to worry about brushes, springs, comms, comm lathes, and the overall maintenance of a brushed motor. i'd rather make an initial investment in a brushless and never have to worry about it.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

I run my xxx-4 on a pretty rough 1/8 scale outdoor track with the novak 5800 brushless and it scoots pretty good around the track.There it a couple of us that go out after we're done with the nitros and have blast.The Losi studs hook up real good ,step pins (on the rear)seem a little much at least for the type of dirt the local track has.I want to try some proline holeshots but haven't yet. I am sold on the brushless even though there are faster versions (like the 6.5,etc.) than the one I have.They have real linear feel to the power delivery which is nice on the blown out, dust on top of hard pack tracks like our gets to be late in the day.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

We have just recieved more of our 3x8 thrust bearings and are on special. I know some on here were asking so letting you guys know.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

On my XXX4, it seems that occasionally when I jump, or take a semi hard front end hit, not everytime or even close to everytime, the left front hinge pin pops out
Gatermaxx
I had this problem too.
My front diff case was broken at the bottom bolt holes. Did not become obvious until I rebuilt the diffs.
Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.