Losi xxx-4

Old 03-14-2006, 11:05 AM
sml
Tech Initiate

Default one way diff

What are the advantages of the 1-way Diff?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

With a one way, the front tires freewheel off power, so the car will have more turn-in. When you get on the power, the one-way actls like a spool and delivers power to both front wheels at the same time. The disadvantage of a one-way is that you lose front-wheel braking.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:00 PM
sml
Tech Initiate

Default 1-way diff & some other xxx-4 questions.

what is "turn in" Will I gain steering with a 1-way diff? What difference would a 3,5, 7.5 or 10 degree front pivot support have on handling? What about the rear pivot support?

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

When people talk about turn-in, they are referencing initial steering entering a corner. This is where a one-way helps is that it greatly increases the amount of initial turn-in to a corner. If you go with less front kick-up, from stock down to 5 or 3, the car will have more steering but won't handle rough sections as well. Going up to a 10 degree front mount will make the car more forgiving over the ruts and bumps but will reduce the amount of front bite. If you increase the amount of rear toe, you will increase the amount of rear traction under acceleration.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just when I thought I escaped you Gary now you have a XXX4 and are on this thread :P

Just messing with you. A bunch of us bought 4WD buggies to mess around with instead of TC since offroad seems more relaxing. What track are you racing at?
Old 03-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Exclamation xxx4 g+

sharing some pics of my ride..

Old 03-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nexus
Just when I thought I escaped you Gary now you have a XXX4 and are on this thread :P

Just messing with you. A bunch of us bought 4WD buggies to mess around with instead of TC since offroad seems more relaxing. What track are you racing at?
I've been running at RJD in Lincoln. http://www.rjdhobbiesandraceway.com/

I ran 1/8th scale there a few times last year and had fun and am really digging 4wd electric. I got sick of the work and stress of On-Road, AND the expense. Chassis of the week, motor of the week, battery of the hour, it got to be too much for me. I've still got my onroad stuff and still plan on doing Tamiya Nats this year, but for now I just need to have some fun. I've thought about coming up and running with you guys at Leisure Hours, but I'm going to have to wait till my life gets settled a bit more first.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Pininfarina, Nice car but may I suggest you buy the AE fan they sell, cut one fan off of it and mount it to the heat sink of your esc then cut a small vent hole in the body just above the motor directing air to the heat sink. You may experience overheating otherwise with that set up.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

or buy this and drill and tap the heatsink...

http://www.jab-tech.com/EVERCOOL-30x...A-pr-2926.html
Old 03-17-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Lightbulb sunday bash

some actions from our sunday bash 2wks ago..

amazingly all of us are running BL

Originally Posted by BloodClod
As an advert for this week's bash... here are some pics from my digicam that haven't before seen light of day!

Last edited by pininfarina; 03-17-2006 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Need a little help plz

Hi all need a little help. I have been a road racer for sometime. Got out of 1/10 1/8th serpent's a few years back. I had some of my cars stolen last week and replaced 1 of them with an xxx-4. Having been out of the scene for awile I didn't know what was out there. Seems the xxx-4 has been out since 2003? Seems alot of things break on this car. I haven't even put the car together. I am looking for a place to get a few parts for it before assembly.

Front hinge pin brace(aluminum?)
one way diff
best belt to get
delrin front arms
steel cvd's(do they come in titanium)?
and any other hop-ups I can get to ensure durability
+the right spur gear and pinion for the motor listed below(in kevlar)
Spring combination for all round driving(to start)
aluminum shocks

So far I have the xxx-4 G+, GTB novak ESC w/4.5R brushless, 8000mah LiPo., ice charger.

If you have any www's/part numbers to list to get the parts, please post.

I started with a RS4 electric and nitro- hated those cars. When I bought my 1/10 impact I was in heaven. What a great car. Raced the MP5 kyosho prior to that. Trying to get back in the loop again and get this car up to par.

Also, what is another 4WD 1/10 electric that is brutally tough and new?
Old 03-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

another 4wd is the BJ4 WE or the ZX-5.
as for parts
1. check your LHS. be prepared to snap some chassis with that.
2.LOSA3245
3. get the heavy duty belt kit
4. havent seen derlin in a while. get some graphite arms and your good
5. stock CVDs are fine
6. lunsford titainum turnbuckles and losi grey ball cups or white.
7. depends on the track. get some pics
8. the stock springs are pretty good.
9. come with the car.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default FRONT WING

hello fellow owners of the xxx-4 buggies. i would like to know from you guys if this front wing i made from scrap lexan is legal in races? the dimensions is wing chord 50mm and width is 60mm. thanks.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

The car is pretty durable as it comes. I have only had a problem with the front pivot breaking otherwise it takes a beating pretty well. The shocks that it comes with are probably better than anything you can buy aftermarket so leave them alone. If you got the G+ version that is. The new graphite a-arms and shock tower are pretty tough. For spare parts here is what I suggest.

Steering knuckles and Carriers
Front and Rear Pivot sets
Front and Rear Shock Towers (Get the graphite towers like the ones that come with the kit, they are a different design than the regular XXX-4 ones.)

The only parts that I have considered getting in aluminum is the front pivot brace. It is the part that breaks the most on the car the others are less frequent and take quite a good hit to break.

sport10
Old 03-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

dont see why the wing would be illegal as 2wd run em

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.