Losi xxx-4

Old 08-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No x5 in the near future, just got a brand new xx4 worlds, which i will be using at my state titles this weekend,
xx4 so much quicker at the track we are racing at, so bumpy and loose. plus i got my friend to send me matt francis setup from italy, which is close to our track surface. so thats awesome.
which brings me to does anyone know where to find a xx4 and worlds addition manual on the net, checked losi site but only found exploded view.
thanks

Cartmen- have you ever broken the apex oneway? or is it super strong?
Old 08-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tony2
No x5 in the near future, just got a brand new xx4 worlds, which i will be using at my state titles this weekend,
xx4 so much quicker at the track we are racing at, so bumpy and loose. plus i got my friend to send me matt francis setup from italy, which is close to our track surface. so thats awesome.
which brings me to does anyone know where to find a xx4 and worlds addition manual on the net, checked losi site but only found exploded view.
thanks

Hi, where did you buy your brand new XX-4WE? Thanks
Old 08-11-2005, 04:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hahaha, yeah i was prity happy, actually my friend went to worlds and after speaking to a few losi guys, that told him that they were using one, he decided to get one. The Australian supplyer (my friends sponsor) still had a brand spanker sitting on the shelf. then the guys went out to there personal collection and brough another out that has been built but never run. so lucky me.
so i used it about 2 weeks ago, first run, threw a belt learnt the hard way about rebuilding a xx4.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:14 PM
DoH
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default XXX4 Info Required.

Hey Peoples,

MY boy who races offroad is looking to purchase a 2nd hand xxx4, basically until we decide what to purchase "NEW" in the future. The car that he is interested in requires a new one-way bearing. I believe this maybe in the front diff unit. We are yet to purchase this car and Im a little apprehensive to do so until we find out about this problem.

We only use and race Associated T4 & B4 products at the moment.

SO can anyone here advise me on what this bearing is in terms of expense and availabilty to purchase in Australia We dont want to buy the car and it end up being a dud.

Other than that......IF anyone here has a 2nd hand xxx4 they are looking to offload to someone in Australia we are on the market to purchase.

PM with any thoughts on my problem or cars for sale would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Vince.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The one way is a tuning option. It replaces the front diff and lets the car turn better off power. Not sure about availability and such in Australia though. Sorry.

And it's really not a big deal. Just put in a normal front diff and you'll be happier with durability for a rookie 4wd driver.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony2
thanks

Nope. Never broken the apex / DCR one-way. But I've got bad(!) news for you. It doesn't fit in an x-5 or a xx4 without access to a machine shop and the knowhow to work it. In order to fit the larger one-way bearings into the diff pulley, they had to increase the mounting flange. This is no problem on the xxx-4 pulley because of its large diameter, but the mounting flange on the apex one-way won't fit into the smaller xx-4 pulleys.

To fit a one-way into my x-5 I had to get a losi one-way. Ick!!

PM me your email address and I can send you the worlds edition manual. It's just an additional manual to the regular xx-4 manual, not an entirely new one.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:56 PM
DoH
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default xxx4 & Hitec ESC

Just waiting on our xxx4 to arrive and are trying to sort out the ESC for it. Can anyone here tell me if a Hitec HFX ESC will fit into the XXX4. It looks very High with the Heat Sink but we are not sure if it will fit inside the body shell.

Please advise your thoughts??????
Old 08-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Doh, I would try and stay with a Novak or LRP speedo if your going to race. A coupel of guys here ahev not had much luck with the Hitec, but maybe they are a bit rough on them as well. Depends on your budget really, but if you can swing the better unit it will make a diffeence in the long run.....Jim
Old 08-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Can anybody tell me if they have, or know where to get, the xxx-4 setups from the most recent worlds?

I know several team drives ran them for the whole 4wd program, but I can't find a setup for them anywhere. I don't care how well they placed, I'd love to know how the pros setup their cars for the rough track.

thanks to anybody who can help!
Old 08-26-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

Drop an email to someone from the ask the team section of the Losi website and ask for Truhe's setup, I think he was the highest placed xxx4 (11th)

Todd Hodge might be your best bet

They might be able to get it for you.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Doughty
Drop an email to someone from the ask the team section of the Losi website and ask for Truhe's setup, I think he was the highest placed xxx4 (11th)

Todd Hodge might be your best bet

They might be able to get it for you.
Duh. Why didn't I think of that.

thanks Doughty!
Old 08-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

You can ask Mike directly, he has his own thread on trinity techtalk.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If anyone's looking for a lightly-used XXX4, please check out my post in the For Sale forum

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85632
Old 10-04-2005, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Hey, is this thing a piece of garbage or am I an idiot? I'm ready to toss this thing in the garbage bucket and try a MRC elec buggy. Seriously. I realize I probably don't know what I'm doing, but I think the belt/differential setup is very very weak IMO.

Here's what's going on.

I ran this thing like 7 times and the front and rear diffs are burnt out. The middle of the diff pulley, both front and rear are toast. The bearings are melted in the plastic. Was this caused by the diffs being too tight? Or the slipper being too tight?

Also is it possible to just lock these diffs up so I don't have to go throught this again? I'm starting to thing this thing is a piece of garbage. I don't much like the design of the diff assemblies. Plus I'm an idiot and have no idea how to adjust the diffs or slipper. I tried what the book said about tightening and loosening the slipper by holding the wrench and rotating the tires. The slipper adjustment didn't move.

The only way the slipper adjustment moved is if I hold the spur gear and try to adjust it. But like I said I'm an idiot.

My main question is can I lock these diffs up so these don't burn out. Also is this common with this car?

Kevin
Old 10-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

knucklebusta, The problem comes from your slipper being to tight AND your diffs being too loose. If you check at the end of the manual how to adjust your slipper and diffs you can follow the steps slowly and you will get it set right this time around.

I run my car for about 6-8 races before redoing the diffs......Jim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.