Losi xxx-4

Old 11-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

ya, i think they actually change the geometry a tad bit
Old 11-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

They change the geometry, shock angles, and travel considerably. It is a big improvement over the original plastic towers. They will flex and sometimes crack but I have not seen one fail bad enough that you couldn't finish the race on it. The durability factor alone is well worth it.

Losifromhell - I would suggest you replace those aluminum screws holding your shock towers on with steel. That is not a good place to put aluminum screws, they will break there. There is much too much stress on the chassis and screws to trust them.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks guys.

Bobby, go back to school.

Oh, i am giving my mother your phone number, she is going to buy the MINI T from you. What all comes wiht it?
Old 11-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

its pretty much stock, except for the deans plugs
Old 11-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

hmmm....... kinda dull here....
Old 12-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Dragon RC aluminum solid front diff for the XXX-4

Has anyone seen or used one of these units? They look like a more durable option to the Losi front one-way unit. I am thinking of ordering one, but I wanted to get some feedback to see if they are worth trying out.

Here is a link to their Losi option parts page

http://home.comcast.net/~mhor/dragon/dragonrc/losi.htm

it's about 3/4 of the way down the page and the part number is

DR-260 - SOLID FRONT DIFF w/ PIN PILLOWS

I was thinking about ordering this one or the aluminum one way unit made by Apex Models in the UK.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Apex Models aluminum front one way unit for the XXX-4

Does anyone have one of these? I think it is an all aluminum one-way unit for the XXX-S/XXX-4. If so, how do they work? I am thinking of ordering one. I am really tired of replacing Losi one-way parts on my XXX-4. They are made by Apex Models in the UK.

http://www.apexmodels.com/product-se...n=31&catid=180
Old 12-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

LosiFromHell: If they still run a 2wd buggy class and you still want your buggy, keep the vehicle and run it with them if they don't mind. This year could see a big rise in 4wd interest, especially with all the different vehicles out there.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

im converting over to losi from associated.tradin my b4 for a xxx-4.any thing i should know up grade wise?whats a good set up for a somewhat small bumpy hard packed track?
Old 12-20-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Aluminum hinge pin holders and the heavy duty belt conversion kit are the big ones to do. They make the car sturdier in suspension and the belt allows you to run it looser without skipping.
Losi set ups on their website are very good to try. I only made slight mods to one of them to suit the track I run on.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default XXX4 mods

Interested in hearing feedback from anyone who has tried a couple of mods I've heard and read about.

First one is running a different length link between the steering bellcranks to reduce the ackerman effect. Think from memory you need a shorter link.

Personally I don't like the enormous ackerman effect and would like the outside wheel to turn in more. Anyone tried this?

Second mod is running the inner rear arm mount on the front from the XXX-S. Apparently this allows the inner hinge pins to be almost parallel, as opposed to standard, which is toe'd in quite a bit.

Not sure what effect this has, except for shortening the wheel-base slightly and putting a bit more weight up front. Anyone tried this?

Cheers,
Scotty P.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Hmm never heard of those mods.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Toe-in helps give you more traction, which is why the hinge pins are at such an angle. Even on a high traction surface, this makes the car easier to drive.

The ackerman positions spec'd with the kit were what the engineers decided on after months and months of testing. Ackerman is essential for smooth steering.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

I try to achieve at lull steering lock (where I set max limit on radio) to keep both front wheels tracking along their paths without scrubing at all. The outside front will always have less angle turning in that the opposite wheel to best follow its track. I have been messing with the ackerman on my Kanai 3 using a large sheet of paper and drawing a line along the outside turn radius of the outside wheel while turning with the inside wheel removed. Then remove the outside wheel and install the inside wheel and follow the same lines to see if it still tracks the same lines. This is all just done by rolling the car by hand and setting the steering to not move while testing this.
I know this may seem like a strange test but it works for me plus I have had some success with my set ups too.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default XXX-4 G+ Belt Colors???

Got a question. What colors are which belts in the XXX-4 G+. I traded for a used XXX-4 G+ and it has a short yellow belt in it. By short I mean it uses the original belt tensioner length. Does any one know which belt this is? Is it a low friction belt? Also, what color is the new long belt? What color is the orignal belt in the XXX-G+. Thanks for your help.

Matt

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.