Like Tree1Likes

Losi xxx-4

Old 04-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, you're excused :-)

I was there, yes. The track is like any other typical clay track, much like Traiskirchen 2 years ago, only larger. Enormous straight though, which is super cool. Fairly hard clay, but it does break down in places. Lots of dust. Nasty jumps, especially after they've broken down a little.
I suppose they'll just resurface a bit, fill the holes.

Tricky did well, car looked good in the end. Only in the end though, in the beginning of practice, the car was sh*t. Neil was unstoppable, as always :-/

Originally posted by Doughty
I would have liked to have gone but can't get enough time off work to do the warm-up and the actual event.

I assume you were there? whats the track like? do you know if they will be changing the track for the actual event?

Did Tricky's car(s) look good? (Richard Taylor - All Red Losi)
Old 04-28-2004, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info, I will make sure I start with that Tricky finished with

Neil has been as quick as ever here in the UK nationals too, but things can happen, hopefully it will be a Losi at the top before the end of the season.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has NEbody tried out the New Losi Heavy Duty Belt yet? I have one on the way & was wondering if NEbody had NE feedback on it, supposed to be smoother throttle & better Braking as the belt is longer!?!?!?!?
Old 05-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

Does anybody use the Trinity outdrive savers with their XXX-4 in modified racing, I have a 11x2 Orion Revolution motor. I have trouble with the outdrive savers slipping around the outdrive and binding the suspension.

Which is the correct way to insert the outdrive saver?

Cheers,
Sam.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by 1nutlft
Hi,

Does anybody use the Trinity outdrive savers with their XXX-4 in modified racing, I have a 11x2 Orion Revolution motor. I have trouble with the outdrive savers slipping around the outdrive and binding the suspension.

Which is the correct way to insert the outdrive saver?

Cheers,
Sam.
I've been told reapeatedly by many people (Including Matt Francis) that you should run a light bead of super glue around the edge of the outdrive and that will hold it in place....

Well, that doesn't work for me. the only thing that has ever worked for me was to drill and tap a 4-40 hole into my outdrive saver and outdrive, then screw in a pinion gear set screw. My outdrives have never come loose once since then. I had to do it on my xx-4we and I did it also to my xxx-4. I've heard that losi is supposed to come out with drive rings for regular diff outdrives, similar to the one-way drive rings, but I haven't seen anything from them yet.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Paul & I have used the Trinity outdrive savers since they first came out, and have never broken an outdrive since.

I would not glue them on, first because you don't need to, but more importantly because Trinity isn't making them any more. Therefore, you've got to be able to move them from car to car.

The saver is slightly conical. Put the outdrive on a large socket, diff ring end down. Install the outdrive bearing. Slide the "big" end of the saver over the outdrive until it's on as far as it will go easily. Make sure it's lined up. Give it a tap with a plastic hammer, and it will stay on. You can still get it off by inserting a screwdriver between the inner race of the outdrive bearing and the saver and twisting the screwdriver.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by New Jack
Has NEbody tried out the New Losi Heavy Duty Belt yet? I have one on the way & was wondering if NEbody had NE feedback on it, supposed to be smoother throttle & better Braking as the belt is longer!?!?!?!?
The new belt is ace, it is just as free as a cut green belt but does not skip half as much under braking.

I have been told that it does stretch a little after the first few runs so make sure you check it if you put it on, mine didn't much this weekend though
Old 05-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Doughty
The new belt is ace, it is just as free as a cut green belt but does not skip half as much under braking.

I have been told that it does stretch a little after the first few runs so make sure you check it if you put it on, mine didn't much this weekend though
I just picked mine up a few minutes ago at the LHS. I was a bit suprised to see the belt was yellow. For a second there I thought they had ordered me the old XXX-S belt!

I'm anxious to see if it makes as much of a difference as the new black belt did in my XXX-S...
Old 06-03-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
SKIPPING BELT UNDER BRAKING

Hello to all,
I am new in the xxx-4 world, can anyone tell me what I can do about my blet skipping when I brake. And also if anyone can give me any tips I should know about the xxx-4.

Thanx in advance,
SuperSerpent
Old 06-03-2004, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sounds harsh, but it just skipps. There's nothing you can do about it.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Won't the skipping strip my belt after a while?
Old 06-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

I wouldn't worry about it. They're kevlar. It would be time to replace the belt anyways by that time.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Ok cool, do you have any good suggestions about this buggy? Anything that you think will help me out.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Don't bash with it. If you haven't done it already, flip the rear arms, right on left and left on right. Also, if you don't have the low profile wheel nuts, make sure to use some blue locktight on them or else the left sides will tend to back off due to braking. 4wd requires more maininance than most cars do so make sure you keep it clean and maintained and a good stock of front end spares and you'll be set. I also replaced all the aluminum CVD's with steel. The aluminum ones like to yank them selves out under modified power.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

What does flipping the rear arms do?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.