Losi xxx-4

Old 04-08-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

I think it steers less going in, not as twitchy, then might steer a little more on corner exit.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

SlobbaTech is correct. At least that's how I thought it worked.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

im thinking about running a one way on our track, its preatty open clay setup with some mild ruts, would it suit my track?
Old 04-12-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

I think the oneway is faster at all tracks. I've yet to be on a track that I'm faster without it.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Hey,
Are any of you guys here running the Novak Brushless? I currently have an Orion 12x2 in my XXX4 and would like to go brushless. How does the car run with the brushless setup?

One more question, how do you check the diffs to make sure they are setup correctly?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

brushless is brutal! you better have the right tires or else it'll just spinout all the time.... compared to brushed motors, it doesnt have any "drag break" from the motor, so when you let go of the throttle, it'll just keep going coasting until you hit the brakes.... gotta get used to that....
Old 04-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

ok guys, i have some different shock towers that are gunna be made. The stock ones just dont suit me well. What would you guys be interested in for changes? Front and or rear
Old 04-19-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Everyone,

Just had our first UK National and xxx-4 g+ was 1st and 3rd.

Have any of you tried taking 4mm off the bottom of the front rear arm pivot blocks and using the lower mounting in the rear diff cover?

I tried it and it made the car a whole lot better over the bumps, and we had some monster bumps yesterday.

I am also running the BK2 rear arms and hubs on the back running in the longest arm lenght.

any thoughts on this?
Old 04-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Hey Chris, how did you do?
Old 04-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Chris - The diffs in the XXX-4 are just like any car;

Take the diff out, and put allen wrenches through the slots in the outdrives. After you do this, use the wrenches to hold the outdrives still, and try to turn the pulley; if you can at all, the diff is too loose. Keep adjusting the diff until it's tight enough.

The best setting for a diff is the loosest it can possibly be without it ever slipping.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Racer_Chick
Hey Chris, how did you do?
Hey Toni, good to see you are still around.

I got the 3rd, Tricky (red body, 10th in the A-main at the worlds) won it, from Neil Cragg 2nd. either one of us 3 could have won it.

pretty much like the worlds really there Tricky got 10th, Neil got 11th and I got 12th! take out the American Drivers and thats our nationals lol

Next worlds our on 'our turf' in Sunny Italy, are you going to make a trip over? we have our Euro's on the same track this year. track looks quite good.

Great pictures of the Losi Race by the way! I was very tempted to come over for that, I loved the Minreg track so much! the Losi Race track layout looked way better than the worlds track. but I don't think they are allowed up and overs at a worlds event... shame
Old 04-20-2004, 09:14 AM
Regional Moderator

Great job, Chris! The track was really hooked up and the Losi cars did very well on it. I'd like to make it over for the Worlds, but that's a lot farther from me than Minnreg. Besides, I don't think I'd qualify... lol. Other than the fact that the cool European and Aussi drivers weren't there, the Losi was possibly more fun than the worlds since I actually got to race. I had a blast! I think I'm going to start running off-road more than I have in the past. I'll try to get out there once a month or so, but I'm still sticking w/the onroad.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Mike Truhe tests the one-way diff at the Losi Race

as you know by now, i have had the oppotunity to run this unit. it is the next level. its advantages are that it makes the xxx4 much smoother to drive, better in the bumps and also will not blow out oneway bearings (for those who had that problem). it is definitely gonna be a tuning option for some of the top level racers and definitely gonna be one of my tuning options. if you have any ?s about this feel free to ask and i will be happy to answer them.

Mike Truhe
(Orion,Losi,Novak,Airtronics,Lunsford,Titan Tech,Vinylgraphics,Pleeza Paints,Pacificcoasthobbies.com)
Old 04-27-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

Chris,

I didn't see you at the Euro's warm-up this weekend?

Originally posted by Doughty
Hey Toni, good to see you are still around.

I got the 3rd, Tricky (red body, 10th in the A-main at the worlds) won it, from Neil Cragg 2nd. either one of us 3 could have won it.

pretty much like the worlds really there Tricky got 10th, Neil got 11th and I got 12th! take out the American Drivers and thats our nationals lol

Next worlds our on 'our turf' in Sunny Italy, are you going to make a trip over? we have our Euro's on the same track this year. track looks quite good.

Great pictures of the Losi Race by the way! I was very tempted to come over for that, I loved the Minreg track so much! the Losi Race track layout looked way better than the worlds track. but I don't think they are allowed up and overs at a worlds event... shame
Old 04-27-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

I would have liked to have gone but can't get enough time off work to do the warm-up and the actual event.

I assume you were there? whats the track like? do you know if they will be changing the track for the actual event?

Did Tricky's car(s) look good? (Richard Taylor - All Red Losi)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.