Losi xxx-4

Old 02-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

My 4wd slipper had always fit tight into the chassis and works fine, never heard of one fitting in loose. If the slipper nut rubs the pulley tensioner arm then figure out how you need to shim the slipper differently so it doesn't rub and/or make sure you only have one of the shims inside of the belt pulley where the wave spring goes.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yup, I took another look at it and sure enough the slipper nut was rubbing against the pulley arm. I had a bag of shims, threw one on with the other two that came with the kit... much better!

I've finished the front end and so far I've been very happy with how it's gone together. Can't wait to drive it!
Old 02-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default xxx-4 one-way and a diff

I have made a one-way and a diff for the front of the car and was wonder if anyone else would be interested in it? it works just like the one-way that most everybody runs now except that it also acts like the normal diff action, should be better in the corners and also easier on the one-way bearings since you could put more stress on the diff and not on the one-ways, if enough are interested i might start making more of them, depending i figure cost should be around what the current one-way set is. It is made out of aluminum and plastic.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Very interesting! I've been thinking the car needed this to. Do you have any pics to show?
Old 02-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Rookie

i will have pictures after this weekend i am going testing and dont want to take it out of the car, there is only one prototype right now, but i have interest from racers in my area to make more.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Schwartz ran his one-way diff for the first time last night at Planet RC. It looks promising. No major failures short of the diff looseing up once and some red loctite took care of that. It will need some setup changes to take full advantage of the difference in the way the driveline works.

Give it a little more tourture test time to see how it holds up but it seems to be working so far.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I tried the overdrive pully on my car last week. I was very impressed. I liked the more agressive feeling it gave the car. One other thing I noticed is the shock setups I've found that work are lighter oil w/ stiffer springs in the front and slightly heavier oil in the rear with softer springs. Seems to make it more reactive to steering but keeps the rear end under it. Anyone else find the same thing? I'm running 25wt/orange spring/ 57 piston front and 30wt.yellow spring/ 56 piston in the rear. The car really seems to like this shock setup.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Wicked's new XXX-4

Well it took some time but now I can add an xxx-4 to my sig. I bought it off ebay new but built and painted. So I have the body that came with it up forsale on ebay and just have to paint the new one I got in today.

THis is the body thats up on ebay.

I well update this weekend after I got the body painted.

Last edited by Wicked XXX-S; 02-13-2004 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here it is now painted.

Old 02-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Losi finally released the green belt!

New belt for xxx-4

Supposively you can run it more loose and it won't skip, can't wait to try it
Old 02-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Actually, from what I've heard the point of that was so you can run it tighter and still have a very free drive train. The new tensioner takes away the extreme kink in the belt and that frees things up a ton. This way, you can keep the belt tighter so you're not skipping the belt and still have a nice and free drive train.
Old 02-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

aaronb73 - Losi finally released the green belt!
Huh?? The Green belt has been available for the car from day one. The new belt system is a change to a 2 bearing tensioner to help keep the belt from walking and as Jkerr said, revised geometry to make the kink in the belt less drastic and improve wrap around the drive pulley.

There is no new part number for a XXX-4 Belt. There is talk that there may be a running change to a .5mm narrower belt but there is nothing to confirm that.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Todd Hodge mentioned the running change on his thread I believe.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Anyone else switch to steel CVD's yet? The hole on the CVD for the retainer pin keeps streaching badly and soon just breaks on the aluminum ones. This happen to anyone on the steel ones too?
Old 02-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Yep, the aluminum cvd's are crap unless you like buying new ones every month. Fortunatly the steel cvd's hold up really good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.