Losi xxx-4

Old 01-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'd be very interested in towers too. I just got an inventory of Graphite parts so I won't need anything right away but I may be ordering your arms when the time comes.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Dingus
Been thinking about Delrin towers like the new Losi fiberglass towers. Is there a need?
Dingus,

I would order some if testing showed they broke less than the fiberglass ones or there was more tuning options. The fiberglass ones are a huge improvement over the first generation ones from losi but they seem to get weaker or something overtime and they last me about a month of racing. I've only bought 3 sets so far so verses about 15+ of the others (I bet Horizon is mad they fixed it, sale volumn went way down. LOL)

Would you consider placing another camber link location in the front shock tower? I've attached a file to this post on the position I would like to see. I run position #1 alot and have tired a longer one that and it was good for the conditions, but because there wasn't alot of material there holding it in it didn't last long. You would have the ability to beef this area up a bit when making your cuts.

On the rear I would also like to experiment with a set of camber locations that are lower than the current ones but still have the ability to use the current ones. Also another shock location that would be inside of the current inside position might be something to try too. I was going to try that at the end of the season but never got around to it. Maybe next time I'm able to go offroading I'll try it doing that.

I have other modification ideas and things that I've tested that would give you the possibility of making other parts if you are willing to do so. I can discuss these with you privately just email me or instant message on AOL Instant Messenger (ID: jkirkwoo).

Jared Kirkwood
Attached Images  

Last edited by Jared Kirkwood; 01-05-2004 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

I have been breaking the front bulkhead/diff cover. Our track has a huge quad, sometimes I nose it in. It breaks the bottom of that cover (where the two holes are) I can't see the cracks (without taking the front end apart) so what happens is the arm pops out of the hinge pin retainers, taking me out of the race.

I have a CNC mill. I am going to make aluminum front bulkheads. Any interest?
Old 01-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

That quad sounds like a harsh jump and it might be better for you to just triple single or double double it. If you make an alum front diff cover, when you said bulkhead, it's going to add a lot of weight and you will end up breaking a chassis instead. I think the new stronger arms/towers are good on the 4wd, any stronger and you will end up breaking the chassis or other parts and anything will fatigue over time and break on what may seem like a "little" crash or tube hit.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think it will add very much weight. Also, the diff cover where it connects on the chassis, there are only two holes. There is plenty of room to add another set of holes to distribute any forces.
I'll make some and find out. I need the graphite chassis anyway......
Old 01-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

A reply to Andrew from yesterday:

Paul breaks the carriers from time to time, and, as far as we know, Losi only makes the plastic ones. We just carry several spares for each side.

This car is so #$%^&* fragile!!
Old 01-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Jared - at the worlds Matt had a fiberglass tower with holes down below the between 5-4-3. I tried to get Car Action to photograph the tower, but they didn't think it was important (the bearings on Ryan's one-way was way cooler I guess). I know he used the the lower hole between 5-4 for part of the event. (I was having too much trouble with my own car and wasting my time posting stuff for Car Action to keep up with all his changes.)
Old 01-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

if any of you guys are looking to sell your xxx4 G+ or just want to get a new one or different car all together, I am looking for one!

Let me know at [email protected]

Thx,
Doug
Old 01-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

I might be looking to sell mine in a few weeks when the indoors racing season is over. I'll let you know in two or three weeks if I wanna sell it.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok i will be looking for an e-mail from you in a week or 2 then. But just for reference how much do you think you will be selling it for? Thx.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just put the FG shock towers on my xxx4, I put the 1.0 shock shafts in the rear but now the cvds intefere with the titanium savers on the rear outdrives, ive tried putting shock spacers in but to make it work correctly I need a lot of them and its reduces the travel considerably, anyone run the savers in the rear and has a fix? would the plastics sliders work better? im trying to keep the drivetrain light cos i run stock
Old 01-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Shave the pin down on the CVD to where it's flush with the oudrive. This will reduce outdrive wear also.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Anyone has a spare plastic or graphite chassis that you want to sell....Send me a private message if you have.. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks for the response, ill give that a go
Old 01-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Just milled out the steel out drives to accept the bearing equiped CVD. Wow, sooooo smooth!!!

So, any interest in an aluminum front diff cover/bulkhead?

What about aluminum front shock towers with slightly different geometry to lower the tower, making it less prone to crash stresses? The shocks would be layed down more, as you can imagine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.