Losi xxx-4

Old 04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

All The Way, do you have the screws on your braces running through the chassis or you have one screw on each side?
Old 04-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Ill get a better pic of it with nothing in the way
Old 04-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

any other little problemes or even big problemes if so how can i fix them .

also thanks for the braceing info highly appreciated.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks, that will really be helpful. I have mine with four short screws right now because I fear that the belt might snag into one of the screws.

EDIT. ok my bad, I opened my diff cover just now it's not possible to run 2 long screws across the braces. They will hit the pulley

rc18, the front shock tower on these buggies are pretty vulnerable. Some people advice to double them up but some think it might transfer the weak point into the chassis so it's a risk. I ran mine single ply but it just broke last race. So I will be doubling up for the next race. I think All The Way has his doubled too.

The front pivot braces break too. Run aluminum for the front outer ones.

Last edited by Armstrong; 04-25-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Armstrong
Thanks, that will really be helpful. I have mine with four short screws right now because I fear that the belt might snag into one of the screws.

EDIT. ok my bad, I opened my diff cover just now it's not possible to run 2 long screws across the braces. They will hit the pulley

rc18, the front shock tower on these buggies are pretty vulnerable. Some people advice to double them up but some think it might transfer the weak point into the chassis so it's a risk. I ran mine single ply but it just broke last race. So I will be doubling up for the next race. I think All The Way has his doubled too.

The front pivot braces break too. Run aluminum for the front outer ones.
yes he has u can see that in the picture.
u taking about the inner ones?

Last edited by rc 18t; 04-25-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

If you can find the inner ones you can probably use them. But they're really hard to find these days. But if you can't find one, the outer ones should be enough.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone, I'm new here but not to RC. Seeing that this is the "Official" XXX-4/G+ thread currently ongoing in the net I'm hoping someone here can help me with my dilemma.

I'm looking into getting into 1/10 4wd racing so I'm currently on the market for a kit. I have a friend offering me a sweet deal with a used XXX-4 G+ kit which he is trying to sell fast to fund his 1/8th electric project. The kit has been well taken for as I personally know the person selling the roller and the kit already comes with some hopups and spares such as a front one way diff, RPM rod ends, some shock towers, etc. However I know the XXX-4/G+ is already an old kit and there are newre 4wd buggies in the market today so I'm having quite a dilemma whether to get it or not. I know that this is a XXX-4 thread so there will be some bias but I'm hoping you guys can give a really really honest answer to my question.

How does the XXX-4 G+ stack up against AE B44s, BJ4s, HB D4s etc.? I will be racing in the mod class so I will be up against these newer kits. I have tried searching for some input in the forum but all I got were replies in circa 2000-2003. What I want to know is how it stacks up against these buggies currently.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron
Old 04-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

I think the XXX-4 has no problem keeping up with any kit out there although it is getting old already. It has its problems but what other kit doesn't? B44s break front arms and D4s break gear boxes. It's not as cool as the other kits out there with all those CF/alu stuff but I know it'll hold its own. It all boils down to proper tuning and good driving I guess. Just my .02

BTW, It's still winning races all over the world. Check Losi's blog, a XXX-4 won the April Fool's Classic just a few weeks ago
Old 04-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Reason I doubled up the front towers was I had two that were cracked and didnt feel like using another new one...it works
better view

screw ends up flush with the inside, I drill and tap these holes
Old 04-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm still going to go with the doubled shock towers though. If the chassis breaks, I'll probably just get a new one and make some sort of brace to strengthen the area. Thanks for the pics too. Your braces are nicely done

Just another question, I'm running a 4000mah Lipo pack with a ribbed hard case right now and it fits snugly in the battery compartment. However, I don't think thicker batts will be able to fit in the stock compartment. Anyone tried a thumb screw setup for the battery strap so it will be adjustable and thicker batteries can fit?
Old 04-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

I dont ever plan on running 6 cell nimh again so I removed anything that was in the way. Another thing you can do is space the posts up some with washers
Old 04-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Good idea . That's probably the easiest way to go. The rectangular bases for the battery posts make it hard to make a thumb screw setup.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Initiate

I was just wondering since i don't want to read the 170+ pages to find it out ( took me awhile to get to page 10) what upgrades should i get or need for this buggy?

so far i got the MIP steel CVD's all around and i've doubled up the from shock tower. it also has a mamba max 5700 in it and i seem to throw the battery out of it when it has a roll over.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NegaDuck
I was just wondering since i don't want to read the 170+ pages to find it out ( took me awhile to get to page 10) what upgrades should i get or need for this buggy?

so far i got the MIP steel CVD's all around and i've doubled up the from shock tower. it also has a mamba max 5700 in it and i seem to throw the battery out of it when it has a roll over.

Aluminum Pivot mounts

is your battery strap not snug with the battery?
Old 04-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NegaDuck

Aluminum Pivot mounts

is your battery strap not snug with the battery?

I used some 1/18th body posts to make mine adjustable. I remember reading someone else bought some 1/12th AE posts to do a similar one:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.