Losi xxx-4

Old 04-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just use the xxx 4 graphite arms. I found that since im more worried about not breaking stuff, i've actually become alot better driver. I think twice about dive bombing people lol, taking jumps when i know im not going to make them. To make the A Arms stronger boil them in hot water, then let them sit, they become 60% stronger. or something like that.lol
Old 04-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
depends on the size of your track, I run a 6.5 on most larger outdoor tracks but I could see where a 7.5 would be good on a tight indoor track.
Thanks Matt I don't know if you heard or visit familyhobbiesraceway in NJ... they do run 1/8 on there so it would be for that track.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antlive
Thanks Matt I don't know if you heard or visit familyhobbiesraceway in NJ... they do run 1/8 on there so it would be for that track.
when I was stationed at Mcguire I raced there every now and then, awsome offroad track, probably still my favorite offroad track I've raced on. I think I still have a east coast champs 1st place plaque for 4wd mod from like 1998 or 97 laying around, LOL.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
when I was stationed at Mcguire I raced there every now and then, awsome offroad track, probably still my favorite offroad track I've raced on. I think I still have a east coast champs 1st place plaque for 4wd mod from like 1998 or 97 laying around, LOL.
I remember that race very well, you were two turns in front of me for like the entire race!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

i just recently got a xxx-4 and was wondering what the best place would be to get the latest and greatest set-ups. im sure i could find some in this thread but i have to go thru and read all the pages.. so what is the latest indoor tight med-high grip clay set-up with lipo and what is the ball park on this car for gearing a 5.5 sensored. thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4577
Old 04-15-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for the link but i only saw set-ups from 2004 and 1 from 2008 but from a france race . im looking for 2009 set-ups what is being ran right now.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have -1 and 3 rear aluminium hinge pin I wonder which one you guys use and what diferences in handling between -1 and 3.

btw xxx4 rocks,I bought it used and having much fun with it.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)
Default Hopups - BK Bones

Some BK Bones for sale:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-4-xx-4-a.html
Old 04-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just won one of these bad boys on ebay for 150 dollars. when i get it im gonna take it apart and rebuild the whole car diffs/shocks ect... ill take pics
Old 04-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
thanks for the link but i only saw set-ups from 2004 and 1 from 2008 but from a france race . im looking for 2009 set-ups what is being ran right now.
Well, typically tracks have not changed all that much, so even if the setups you find are from older tracks, you can get the gist of what you need to incorporate depending on the track type. You will have to play around with setups yourself as not everyone likes to drive the same style around the track.

http://www.teamlosi.ru/setups/xxx4/index.htm

Most of these are pretty good, but of course their are many mods that are not mentioned that would make it handle and drive better. I would call them starting points for the various track conditions, although all the drivers drive somewhat different. I would use the stock setup and go from there making one change at a time until you reach your optimal performance level of the fastest lap time.

I have some documents to print out if you want, I took various websites regarding R/C setups and made them look nice and pretty much made a book for my R/C car. I of course used my graphic art ability to make a nice looking front and back cover for my binder, even have manual etc within it.

DaRReLL

Below is everything needed to make your book:

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...ompleteMan.pdf

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/x...plodedView.pdf

Those Filese:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d2rjcgndddj

http://www.mediafire.com/?2cdvctu1wib

Good Luck, I have book in this order, orange paper, black paper, long article with tires on it, manual, exploded parts, setups

Last edited by xDaRReLLx87; 04-15-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

wow thanks for the info , cool stuff you got there for a binder. also what mods are you talking about i have done the steering rack mod and have bk2 axles on the way for the extra rear droop am i missing anything else? i am looking forward to giving this car a shot.

thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

There are all kinds of things that would require a large list
I haven't fooled with an XXX-4 all that much to just state
you some but on my XXX-CR I did many flex mods and such

these are my cover pages I made in photoshop for my binder, I may do an XXX-4 and XXX-T pages soon as well

This is the cover page image
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9940/xxx1.jpg

Back Cover image

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7336/xxx2.jpg
Old 04-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
wow thanks for the info , cool stuff you got there for a binder. also what mods are you talking about i have done the steering rack mod and have bk2 axles on the way for the extra rear droop am i missing anything else? i am looking forward to giving this car a shot.

thanks
Jeff - PM me on here with your e-mail address and I'll get you a current setup...
Old 04-22-2009, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just got done putting XXX4 G+ together and it is my first off-road kit. I never put together an off-road before. Although I have been putting many on-road kits together and race on-road since 80ís, no I am not that old.

I bought it from someone, he got started but never finished it. At any rate, I have several questions about this kit.

First of all, the instruction manual seems to be old and out dated. My kit came with LCD front and Universal rear. The manual dated 2003, I went to LOSI support site and the manual LOSI provided also out dated. I couldnít find and updated version or supplement instruction manual.

Here come questions:

I put it together per instruction manual, after I got done I noticed when 4 wheels are off the ground the rear universal is about to fall out from the diff halves. Is this normal? There are no droop screws to adjust like most of the on-road kits. How do you adjust the chassis up travel? Putting limiter inside shock body is the only way? After I looking at some of the set up sheets I noticed the limiter.

I wish LOSI put some comments in the manual before I got done putting the darn shocks . If it is the only way to adjust the up travel this will be suck because I got to rebuild 4 shocks everything time that the chassis up travel needed to be changed.

Please tell me there are another ways.

Rear arms and upright that came with the kit are not what it look like the one in the manual. The upright have 2 holes for the hinge pin, the arms also have 2 holes. Now which hole should I use?

The standard set up sheet I found on LOSI site is telling me to swap left arm to right side and right arm to left side. Unless my eyes are out of whack, I canít tell the different. Are there any different?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.