Losi xxx-4

Old 03-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i always like the alloy caster blocks and rear hubs on my rides, but then again i am a former 8th scale guy.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (99%+)

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
Is that a much needed part?
ive seen alot of those break where the pin goes in from a sidways landing or similar, i also run electric 8th scale buggy and truggy, i would like this to be somewhat of a tank lol
Old 03-26-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big greg
ive seen alot of those break where the pin goes in from a sidways landing or similar, i also run electric 8th scale buggy and truggy, i would like this to be somewhat of a tank lol
Point made I feel the same way. Too bad it's 40$ for a set
Old 03-26-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

I may have found a solution to the battery mounting from some parts I had laying around from a 1/18th Losi Late Model. This is the front bumper and body mounting posts.

Looks like I may be able to use these as adjustable battery strap posts, and the bumper material....good for holding the battery in place I would think after some trimming.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Those caster blocks (Losi calls them carriers) are nice, and I've looked at them, but never picked them up. Basically, I haven't broken the plastic ones without taking out the spindle too, and they both come in the package. Since I have broken the spindle without the carrier, I had extras as well. Most recently, I've been cracking wheel rims at the hub instead, and they're not going to help with that.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Well, that was easy enough.

I just need to trim down the front post a bit as it hits the body, but easy enough.....now I can fit multiple height batteries.

The battery strap was dremmeled like that when I got it....I might get a new one....

Old 03-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

i like how you did that... i am gonna look for a carbon battery strap at the hobby shop, something like a touring car uses rather than spend all that time cutting the graphite one.
i am still waiting on parts... i will convert the new chassis to lipo when it gets here.
anyone have a sure fire way to adjust the slipper?
also i have a one-way and regular diffs and dont know if i should run the one-way. What typically is the reason you guys run the one way? i race an outdoor track that grooves up but i wouldnt call it blue groove. its usually pretty smooth but they do run 1/8th scale on it.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShtLuck
i like how you did that... i am gonna look for a carbon battery strap at the hobby shop, something like a touring car uses rather than spend all that time cutting the graphite one.
i am still waiting on parts... i will convert the new chassis to lipo when it gets here.
also i have a one-way and regular diffs and dont know if i should run the one-way. What typically is the reason you guys run the one way? i race an outdoor track that grooves up but i wouldnt call it blue groove. its usually pretty smooth but they do run 1/8th scale on it.
I only found the one-way to really be necessary on track thats had alot of sharp 180' corners when I ran a XXX-4. I did use it on big outdoor tracks where there wasn't sharp corners, but if you have driven the car a bunch with out the one-way the I would say just stick with it unless you want to see how you like it.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShtLuck
I am going to look for a new strap as well.

From what I understand on the one way, it's better for larger, less technical tracks. Under power it will make the car push a bit more as it technically is a Spool and you don't have any differential action.

With the stock diff under hard breaking you might lock up the front and cause push going into a corner as well.

I guess it all depends on your driving style....I put mine in as I'm used to 2WD, so thought it might help me in that respect, but I am thinking I might put the stock diff back in and try that first.

At least I'm ready to go for either one I want to try out.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

hmm... i guess i have to go look at the track tonight. the new pipes should be laid out for this season...
i really have no idea how i drive, i have been racing slash spec all winter, so i think i can no longer drive as a side effect.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Y2kgtp, I had to throw some tape around the LiPo and battery hold down strap so it wouldn't get ejected out the side during hard contact. Just a heads up. It only happened to me once, but seeing my $100 lipo shoot out the side of my car was all it took.

Jay
Old 03-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pyro18t
Y2kgtp, I had to throw some tape around the LiPo and battery hold down strap so it wouldn't get ejected out the side during hard contact. Just a heads up. It only happened to me once, but seeing my $100 lipo shoot out the side of my car was all it took.

Jay
Well, I can see how that can happen. Maybe an L bracket of some sort to keep it more secure?

I was thinking of sealing the bottom of the chassis somehow, and using Velcro on the bottom of the battery + the strap. It won't go anywhere then.

I bought one of these for my XXX-T Speed-T, as I have the battery mounted across the chassis now, might be also a way to secure the battery...and add a little extra weight to the right side.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AXIAL-AX10-SCORP...3A1|240%3A1318
Old 03-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That looks pretty neat, I'll have to check that out.

Jay
Old 03-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pyro18t
That looks pretty neat, I'll have to check that out.

Jay
I think it's overkill, but I needed a solution for my truck as I had to move the battery.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
I may have found a solution to the battery mounting from some parts I had laying around from a 1/18th Losi Late Model. This is the front bumper and body mounting posts.

Looks like I may be able to use these as adjustable battery strap posts, and the bumper material....good for holding the battery in place I would think after some trimming.

Do you have a part number on those posts?

That looks ideal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.