Losi xxx-4

Old 03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
  #2356  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

last summer we ran 10 minute mains a couple times and lasted at least that long that was with a losi 5000mah pack, I didn't run it down all the way so I don't know exactly how long it would of lasted
Matt Howard is offline  
Old 03-17-2009, 06:56 AM
  #2357  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
last summer we ran 10 minute mains a couple times and lasted at least that long that was with a losi 5000mah pack, I didn't run it down all the way so I don't know exactly how long it would of lasted
That sounds pretty good. I just have 4000 packs for now from my truck, but not running as hot a motor.....

I'm prob going to run a sensorless 4800Kv to start with, as I have that readily available until I decide on a Sensored turn to "upgrade" to in the future....
y2kgtp is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:11 PM
  #2358  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Any suggestions for some street tires\rims for the buggy? I hate to go threw a perfectly good set of tires just for when it's nice out, and I want to play in the street a bit.....
y2kgtp is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:17 PM
  #2359  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (84)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,104
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

just get some pro-line dirt hawg tires they will work good on the street as well for goofing off in the yard too.
jeff jenkins is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:19 PM
  #2360  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
just get some pro-line dirt hawg tires they will work good on the street as well for goofing off in the yard too.
I guess I should see what the buggy comes with too. I bought it used, and it has 2-3 full sets of something. My local track is clay\blue groove, so I already found a few sets of pink tapers to go on it as well......
y2kgtp is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:46 PM
  #2361  
Tech Fanatic
 
xDaRReLLx87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 836
Default

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I've been running the losi esc with the losi 6.5 turn motor for the past year or so and it rocks, plenty of speed and it's never thermaled on me or anything even in the middle of summer.
Added note, the Castle Creations ESC just allows you play with settings to more of a degree than the Losi one can
xDaRReLLx87 is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:55 PM
  #2362  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xDaRReLLx87
Added note, the Castle Creations ESC just allows you play with settings to more of a degree than the Losi one can
The Losi software is not bad..I wonder how my car would drive with this throttle curve setting?



y2kgtp is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:58 PM
  #2363  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,928
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

where i get one those one way diff aluinmm blue for xxx-4 buggy ?
they still make those one way diff aluinm blue ??
taztal3 is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 02:14 PM
  #2364  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by taztal3
where i get one those one way diff aluinmm blue for xxx-4 buggy ?
they still make those one way diff aluinm blue ??

I just did a bunch of searches for it, and could not find anything. I have one in shipment to me that is NIP with the buggy, I'll see what the part number might be.....
y2kgtp is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM
  #2365  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonds, AZ
Posts: 287
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Damn, I should have checked this thread about those nylon wings before I ordered a new stock one.

I ripped my wing off last weekend. It gets pretty hard to control in the air after that!
Toddzilla is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 02:54 PM
  #2366  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Toddzilla
Damn, I should have checked this thread about those nylon wings before I ordered a new stock one.

I ripped my wing off last weekend. It gets pretty hard to control in the air after that!
Just grab some kids upside down reversed visor and zip tie it on

y2kgtp is offline  
Old 03-19-2009, 06:39 AM
  #2367  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi people,Just received a used xxx4.
I wonder if front wheels are the same as B44.
I have plenty of rear wheels from my xxx-cr but no fronts.
afonsospt is offline  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:10 AM
  #2368  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by afonsospt
Hi people,Just received a used xxx4.
I wonder if front wheels are the same as B44.
I have plenty of rear wheels from my xxx-cr but no fronts.
I'm not sure on the Front Rims...still checking. But arn't the XXX-CR rims quick change, and actually don't bolt on?
y2kgtp is offline  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 AM
  #2369  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Lars Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 486
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by afonsospt
Hi people,Just received a used xxx4.
I wonder if front wheels are the same as B44.
I have plenty of rear wheels from my xxx-cr but no fronts.
The front AE rims should work fine for you. The front axle hex for the B44 is the same, and the only wheels that guys could use on their BJ4's initially was the Losi Rim, part number LOSA7047.

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
I'm not sure on the Front Rims...still checking. But arn't the XXX-CR rims quick change, and actually don't bolt on?
Not on the XXX-CR or XXX-4. The XXXT-CR does use quick change rear hubs, and the same wheels front and rear.
Lars Johnson is offline  
Old 03-19-2009, 08:28 AM
  #2370  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
The front AE rims should work fine for you. The front axle hex for the B44 is the same, and the only wheels that guys could use on their BJ4's initially was the Losi Rim, part number LOSA7047.



Not on the XXX-CR or XXX-4. The XXXT-CR does use quick change rear hubs, and the same wheels front and rear.
Cool....all good information. I need some rims too, and nice to have a selection.
y2kgtp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.