Losi xxx-4

Old 03-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I finally got my xxx4, it's a cool car but before I try it on the track, I noticed that the turning radius is significantly bigger than the xxx cr. For xxx-cr, the wheel turns so that you can touch the inside of the rin with your a-arm hinge point, but for the xxx4, it seems only to turn almost half way. It has xxx-cr steering assy.

Does this improve steering & how? (I should try it first, but our track has Cactus classic event this week)
Any advice/ opinion is appreciated.

Thx.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I only recommend this if you have a strong servo and a extra steering rack but get the servo saver out of the way and run a straight servo horn. I was having issues with wandering and not getting the turning I thought the car should have. After changing to that it had good steering and drove like a champ. after that my setup is box stock with no one way. I was mixing it up with B44 all weekend long, only short coming of the car is in bad bumpy sections. Besides that its a very good car!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I only recomend to try different shock fluid. The setup calls for 34 and 30. I found that way to stiff and slow. So i went to 25 all around and it handled great. Also i tightened the read diff abit, and the belt tension. The kit says that the belt should skip a few teeth, that doesn't sound at all good to me so i tighten it until it stopped skipppin while held up and went full throttle to brake. Doind those got me TQ and it handled great... i broke my shock tower in the main.lol
Old 03-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I am currently looking for a used xxx-4 for my local track to get a feel for 4WD, and to be able to use my current stick Lipo's.

Anything I should look at being the weak points on the buggy? Anything that has to be upgraded to a different part due to frequent breakage? Thanks...
Old 03-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

From my first week with the car the weakest point I found was the front belt cover. I had a lot of issues with cracking where the screws go into the block. When it goes bad it throws the entire front arm geometry off and for the most part bound the front suspension arms up. After switching over to the original plastic caps I had fewer issues with that breaking. Besides that it has been a great car.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jammin_Xtream49
From my first week with the car the weakest point I found was the front belt cover. I had a lot of issues with cracking where the screws go into the block. When it goes bad it throws the entire front arm geometry off and for the most part bound the front suspension arms up. After switching over to the original plastic caps I had fewer issues with that breaking. Besides that it has been a great car.

So a swap from the graphite to a plastic part help fixed the issue? Just wanted to clarify....
Old 03-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

the weakest parts are the pivot supports. Front and rear. You need to get aluminum one from losipartshouse.com or something like that. I kept breakin them from just big jumps, they are a weak point. it wouldn't hurt to have an extra set of front a arms, rears don't break alot unless you do something that would break every a arm from all other vehicles. Also the front shock tower is very vulnerable. Some people double them up and run two, others buy carbon fiber ones, although i can't find them. at least just have a spare.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

check this out not a bad deal.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...rs-spares.html
Old 03-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kawboy368
the weakest parts are the pivot supports. Front and rear. You need to get aluminum one from losipartshouse.com or something like that. I kept breakin them from just big jumps, they are a weak point. it wouldn't hurt to have an extra set of front a arms, rears don't break alot unless you do something that would break every a arm from all other vehicles. Also the front shock tower is very vulnerable. Some people double them up and run two, others buy carbon fiber ones, although i can't find them. at least just have a spare.
Do you just need 1 front Pivot, and 1 rear pivot? or need to buy 2 total for the front, and then again for the rear?

That's a bit out of my price range. I see most rollers on here between 125 > 175$. I have Stick LiPo's already so don't need another one. If it was closer to 250 > 275$ I might consider it.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

the weakest parts are the pivot supports. Front and rear. You need to get aluminum one from losipartshouse.com or something like that. I kept breakin them from just big jumps, they are a weak point.

I looked it up in the manual. are there any problems with the stock inner supports after upgrading the 1 piece outer support? And what degree blocks to get? I see like 3 aluminum versions.....thanks....
Old 03-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
I am currently looking for a used xxx-4 for my local track to get a feel for 4WD, and to be able to use my current stick Lipo's.

Anything I should look at being the weak points on the buggy? Anything that has to be upgraded to a different part due to frequent breakage? Thanks...
I have on for sale also with some spares and an aluminum front pivot block.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...i-xxx-4-a.html

Chad O
Old 03-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

I just bought and paid for a XXX-4G+ with some spares and a few upgrades. (including front\rear aluminum pivots and a 1 way diff)
Old 03-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

I may not have to do much, if anything to the buggy I just got (well, paid for today). I keep finding out more and more upgrades and parts this thing comes with. I got an awesome deal from the seller. I can't thank him enough. Well, besides paying him.

Aluminum pivots front and rear, Titanium hinge pins, Titanium turnbuckles, aluminum rear hubs, aluminum heat sink, 3 sets of tires\rims, spare parts, and the buggy looks brand new. 1 Painted body that looks nice, and 1 clear body as well.

All I need to order is a wing (5$) and maybe a couple front shock towers to beef it up as suggested. Also going to get a set of the plastic diff covers in plastic (not graphite) as they might hold up better and flex instead of cracking as previously stated?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Don't double up the shock towers.
The chassis is prone to breaking where the shock towers mount and shock towers are alot cheaper and way easier to change than chassis are.

Been there done that. Hated it.
Actually went back to my XX4 and am still diggin it but that's another thread.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Don't double up the shock towers.
The chassis is prone to breaking where the shock towers mount and shock towers are alot cheaper and way easier to change than chassis are.

Been there done that. Hated it.
Actually went back to my XX4 and am still diggin it but that's another thread.
Ok...will take note on the shock towers.

xx-4 was higher then this on my list, but I wanted to just use my current LiPo Stick packs....keep this trial\investment a bit more affordable....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.