Losi xxx-4

Old 08-23-2008, 11:39 AM
  #2176  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,908
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I forgot to mention that I added weight under my lipo and that is why I needed to raise the posts for the battery hold down.
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 08-23-2008, 09:57 PM
  #2177  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,908
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I've got a question about measuring shock shafts and shock bodies.
Where do they come up with the measurements for the 1.2" and 1.0" shock shafts that are used on the XX4 (1.2") and XXX4 (1.0")?
They both use the 1.2" shock body but the XXX4 uses the 1.0" shock shaft.
I measured the total length (much longer than 1.2" of course) and the length from the cartridge to the shoulder on the plastic shock end and it is still over 1.2" but much closer.
Can't figure it out.
I have an extra set of shocks from a XX4 that I want to put on my XXX4.
I want to put limiters inside to control the down travel but at the same time realize that the up travel will be limited due to the extra length of the 1.2" shaft.
Anyone?
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 08-24-2008, 07:07 AM
  #2178  
MD
Tech Champion
iTrader: (136)
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,723
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone make on road or slicks that will fit XXX4 rims? If so, what company or companies?
MD is offline  
Old 08-24-2008, 07:14 AM
  #2179  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MD
Does anyone make on road or slicks that will fit XXX4 rims? If so, what company or companies?
We buy Losi pink tapers and take the tread off .
Briguy is offline  
Old 08-24-2008, 07:23 AM
  #2180  
MD
Tech Champion
iTrader: (136)
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,723
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default

Briguy - Thanks. I know that in Tucson at Competition Hobbies did the same thing for two wheel drive buggies, but a different compound.
MD is offline  
Old 08-24-2008, 11:53 PM
  #2181  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
BuggyKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca
Posts: 7,919
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

U guys able to find the 7.5 degree front kickup mount. I only can find it in 10 degree. Thx
BuggyKing is offline  
Old 08-25-2008, 05:39 AM
  #2182  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
jla8874's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,042
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

HERE is a set of titanium Trinity diff savers for sale on ebay. Someone ought to buy those, theyre very hard to find!
jla8874 is offline  
Old 08-25-2008, 10:27 AM
  #2183  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,908
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I raced my XXX4 with the front shock tower "mounting tab" glued back onto the chassis, worked out great.
I spent alot of time researching bonder/epoxies and found one that has hi impact and hi sheer strength properties.
I cartwheeled this thing several times (almost on purpose but not really) and the repair held up nicely.
I may be onto something.
This would have needed a replacement chassis and a few hours to reassemble the whole car!
I have a broken XX4 chassis and upper belt/diff covers I'm gonna try it on.
I'm gonna repair some broken shock towers and arms for the XX4 too.
I'm pretty sure it's gonna hold up cuz I tested the shock mount repair with a pair of pliers before racing and it didn't bust off.
If more tests are successful I will make this repair system available.
The adhesive is a little pricey, aerospace stuff you know but it seems to be storable for reuse.
Just think, maybe no more thrown out chassis? Maybe even repairing broken arms and shock towers and...
Reposted from OC/RC Raceway thread
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 08-25-2008, 10:53 AM
  #2184  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Eccentric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northwestern Wyoming
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I raced my XXX4 with the front shock tower "mounting tab" glued back onto the chassis, worked out great.
I spent alot of time researching bonder/epoxies and found one that has hi impact and hi sheer strength properties.
I cartwheeled this thing several times (almost on purpose but not really) and the repair held up nicely.
I may be onto something.
This would have needed a replacement chassis and a few hours to reassemble the whole car!
I have a broken XX4 chassis and upper belt/diff covers I'm gonna try it on.
I'm gonna repair some broken shock towers and arms for the XX4 too.
I'm pretty sure it's gonna hold up cuz I tested the shock mount repair with a pair of pliers before racing and it didn't bust off.
If more tests are successful I will make this repair system available.
The adhesive is a little pricey, aerospace stuff you know but it seems to be storable for reuse.
Just think, maybe no more thrown out chassis? Maybe even repairing broken arms and shock towers and...
Reposted from OC/RC Raceway thread

Cool! Keep us up to date. I have a cracked Predator X10 chassis that I'd like to try fixing...
Eccentric is offline  
Old 09-26-2008, 08:11 PM
  #2185  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
ON A MISSION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,453
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default looking

i am looking for a used xxx4 if anyone want's to sell one lmk
ON A MISSION is offline  
Old 09-26-2008, 09:00 PM
  #2186  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 584
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

greetings

xxx4 has been around for 5-6 years but i just jumped in and got one. i have been waitting for LOSI to come up with a new 4WD buggy since 2006. (maybe the JRX-S based one). nothing comes up as yet..


BTW: i am lookin for a set of LOSA 9670, Alum FR Inner Pivot Mount. should you have a set for sale, please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails Losi xxx-4-dsc01196.jpg  
NSLST is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 06:30 AM
  #2187  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NSLST
greetings




BTW: i am lookin for a set of LOSA 9670, Alum FR Inner Pivot Mount. should you have a set for sale, please let me know.


Good luck finding those . I looked for a year and nothing , even tried talking a few machinist into making them but it wasn`t worth their time . I hope you find some as in my opinion that is the weak point in that buggy and not sure why Losi stopped making them .
Briguy is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 12:15 PM
  #2188  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 576
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NSLST
greetings

xxx4 has been around for 5-6 years but i just jumped in and got one. i have been waitting for LOSI to come up with a new 4WD buggy since 2006. (maybe the JRX-S based one). nothing comes up as yet..


BTW: i am lookin for a set of LOSA 9670, Alum FR Inner Pivot Mount. should you have a set for sale, please let me know.

Have you googled the part number, i just did and found some over seas but they aerent cheap, after you do the currency conversion its about $46 plus shipping. I typed in losi a9670 in the google search box. Here is the url. http://www.podiumrc.co.uk/product-301579.php
there may be more out there but that one was the first i found.
Tater salad is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 12:45 PM
  #2189  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
Sean Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I have a custom painted XXX4 body up for sale in the for sale/ trade forum if anyone is interested please PM me. This body was painted by Roly of RC3 Grafix, the dark section in the middle has green ghost flames as well as the wing. $50 + shipping for the body only shipping to the lower 48, payment via paypal.

Sean
Attached Thumbnails Losi xxx-4-xxx4-body-2.jpg  
Sean Powers is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 12:50 PM
  #2190  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 576
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ON A MISSION
i am looking for a used xxx4 if anyone want's to sell one lmk
Im selling a brand new one on here link. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...4g-roller.html
Tater salad is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.