Losi xxx-4

Old 11-02-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by nikos2002
mstng87- check to make sure your are mounting the 3r or 1r brace on the lower set of holes on the rear of the chassis. I have been building Losi cars for years, and when I set my mount in the upper holes, it was evil off of jumps, it sounds like what you stated. Once I moved to the lower set of holes, the car jumps like a dream. Check out Ryan C. set up on the losi site, or check back in these posts for any set info from Jared or Skipgear, they won't steer you wrong. If you race at LIR have Betts or Vinnie N. look at your car, they are sponsored by Losi and will help you out.
Anyone else try this setup with the same results? Also where is everyone mounting thier Transponder. Its a tight chassis to work with.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

by the way, planet rc is under new management and the cost to race is now 15 instead of 10. wanted to let you know. by that time, rumor has it, they are supposed to be adding a carpet track. i think they may be moving somewhere but im not sure.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Hyper Man
Anyone else try this setup with the same results? Also where is everyone mounting thier Transponder. Its a tight chassis to work with.
I'm pretty sure I've not tired the lower holes. That would give alot of rear anti-squat. The most rear anti-squat I've ran is about 4deg and I did that by spacing the front rear pivot mount up a bit.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Does anyone have the part number for the red belt?
What about transponder location? Our track has an older amb non digital system, so permantly mounting a personal transponders are out.
Thanks for the help guys, this forum is full of great info.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TeamTazman
Does anyone have the part number for the red belt?
What about transponder location? Our track has an older amb non digital system, so permantly mounting a personal transponders are out.
Thanks for the help guys, this forum is full of great info.
make a lexan bracket off the back of your server and have it in between motor and servo.

be careful with your reciver though, a transponder close to your reciever can cause interfearance.

or you could just mount it in the roof of the body
Old 11-11-2003, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

TeamTazman, I see you are from the evergreen state also, any chance that you are coming down to Vancouver for the winter rage in january? www.amainraceway.com
Old 11-11-2003, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Tazman - Right now they are undecided on the red belt as far as I know. The only difference in the belt is that it is .5mm narrower than the green belt. The material and thickness are the same. They are letting the guys that got them for the worlds, run the belt some more and see how they hold up before they decide if they are ready for the public.

I will say they make the car much freer. I would like to see it released, if only as a "stock class" option. Even if it doesn't hold up in mod, it would make the car even freer in stock. Jesse actually started cranking on the belt tension on his car last weekend because the car was too free and needed some more drag brake built in. He used belt tension to add it.

PS. If this is Jay - I got your bodies last week. Should be getting to them end of this week or early next. Got swamped with stuff for Cleveland early last week.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

skipgear;
yes it is. no problem. i can't touch my kit till christmas! my better half buys me one a year. this is my first 4wd buggy, so i am trying to learn as much from you guys now, before i build. when i hit the first race in the ,URL=http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26585]2004 Northwest Championship Series[/URL] I'll be loaded with as much info as possible. Anyway to find out Adam's setup for Monster Hobbies, Hayden Lake Idaho, March Madness race with the xxx4? Just Curious.

drfritz; i'd love to, depends work and stuff. I have planned alot of my vacation days around the new 2004 Northwest Series.

Don't know if the hyperlink comes out right, but you get the idea.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Adam told me that it is posted on his website:

www.thedrake.net
Old 11-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks!!

I race a very moist loam track all year, and will be traveling alot to race next year, never experienced blue groove, should be quite the experience.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Hyper Man
I plan to mount mine on the body itself. I don't know yet, I just ordered mine about 10 minutes ago and started reading the thread. but usually, when I have a chassis with limited space I will mount the transponder to the underside of the body or on top of the servo (if its laydown). Hope that helps
Old 11-19-2003, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Paul mounts his receiver on its side up against the belt tunnel. That leaves lots of room behind the servo for an hand-out T/Ponder. He made up a Lexan mount and servo-taped it to the top of the servo so the Lexan sticks off the back of the servo between the servo and the motor. He then servo-taped his personal T/Ponder on top of that over the servo, and we're ready to race either system.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Is anyone running the Novak Brushless? Just curious how your gearing it.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Pete
I'm running the 92 stock spur with a 21 tooth and haven't broke and plexi yet!
Old 11-20-2003, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

my xxx4 is on the way!!!
does anybody have a good setup for planet rc in indianapolis?
thanks in advance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.