Losi xxx-4

Old 05-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrr102486
i used it in the front for a while. it was a good diff but the one way imo is a better choice if your looking for something for the front. the rear is still holding its own very well
I always run the one-way in the front. That is pretty much a given if you want the xxx4 to steer. I was just curious about using the cr in the rear.

I can't seem to find the steel xxx4 rear outdrives anywhere so I am going to run the plastic xxx4 outdrives (with savers) in the rear of the cr.

Anyone ever run the (d-shaped diff ring style) plastic outdrives in the rear of an xxx4 or xxx cr?
Old 06-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Team Losi Racing xxx-4g+ for the win
Old 06-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My xxx4g is super dialed. I am so glad I never sold this thing. Its so much easier to drive compared to my 501 or bj4. For those who need steering: doing the bellcrank mod (moving the ballstud over on the steering link) and running the 5 degree front pivot support totally changed the steering--it turns almost as hard as my 501 (which has more steering than any 4wd car I have ever tried). Totally my 4wd of choice.

I tried the dogbones in the rear and I am not totally sold on them yet, I am going to give it another couple of track days on them. They seem to slow the accleration down a lot compared to the alloy cvds, also they seem to slow the steering response--although I am noticing the car is a bit easier to drive with a bit more side bite.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Removing roll pin from front axle hex adaptor

Anyone have a suggestion for a quick/easy way to remove the roll pin that holds the front hex hub onto the axle? Tried to poke it out with a hex driver tip end but it looks like it will need more force as it's pretty well stuck in place.

Never been a fan of roll pins for this reason... hard to insert and even harder to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Focus
Anyone have a suggestion for a quick/easy way to remove the roll pin that holds the front hex hub onto the axle? Tried to poke it out with a hex driver tip end but it looks like it will need more force as it's pretty well stuck in place.

Never been a fan of roll pins for this reason... hard to insert and even harder to remove
You have more than likely now rolled the edges making it a lot more difficult to remove either way. Your best bet (not easy but there is no easy if you want it done properly and not damaged) is to get another person, unless you have more than two hands, a vice, a pin punch the same diameter as the pin and a ball pein hammer. If none of these is available use a press and if thats not available butcher the thing until it comes out and replace all the parts you have damaged in the process
Old 06-08-2008, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I've had to use a small nail and lightly tap those pins out before, or atleast get it out enough to get some needle nose pliers on it. Either way have a new pin ready they are usually trashed after removal.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the tips

Sometime in the future might consider replacing the roll pins with made up pins if I can find the right diameter spring steel to cut down to length.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

I just pulled my Sphere comp esc out to be sent back to LRP for repair.

I think I going to put my Mamba Max in my XXX4G+ and see how it goes.

Now comes my question(to which I think I know the answer): Can I run an Orion Vortex 5.5 motor with a Mamba Max? Can't I just leave off the sensor wire run it like that?

I know you can't run a sensored esc on a non-sensored motor. But can't you run the opposite with no problems? I have never done it but I think I read that you can.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yes, you can run sensored motors on the Mamba max with the newest firmware. You may have to adjust the motor timing on the Mamba software but otherwise should work fine. You may notice a strange noise when it first starts to roll, but it wont hurt the motor. Leave the sensore wire off.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Focus

If the pin isn't broken off completely you can get a good grip on it with some wire cutters/dikes/dykes you know and pry it out.
If it's broken off, punch it out with a new pin halfway and then pull them both back out with the wire cutters.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Having a few dramas with the one I installed. The right hand bearing's seem to come out of the race for no reason, I've replaced it twice..... Any idea's on the problem? has any one else had this problem?
Old 06-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default I must be an idiot

OK, I cannot keep this slipper tightened. I got one used and the slipper is constantly loosening after I disassembled to add in ceramic bearings. I realized at first (I mean after I destroyed the belt from binding ) I did not put sufficient spacers in on top of the bearing and the nut itself was rubbing the idler pulley metal thingy. Replaced the belt and now have to rubbing happening but the nut keeps working loose after a few minutes of running eventually not moving at all.
I rebuilt with what I am pretty sure is a new wavy washer thing but still having a problem. I'm running a Novak 5.5 in it with a 18 tooth pinion. Pinion is as bit high but it does run cool enough.

Where should I start? I've never had these problems with XXXT and T4 trucks. The 4WD thing is a bit new to me and ajusting the slipper on this thing is not a quick process like 2WD models. Thanks for any advice you can give.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

will CR buggy rims have the right offset for my XXX-4.
I need a new set and all my LHS has is CR Rims.
If its anything, im running a CR suspension on the xxx-4

Nate
Old 06-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitronut3
will CR buggy rims have the right offset for my XXX-4.
I need a new set and all my LHS has is CR Rims.
If its anything, im running a CR suspension on the xxx-4

Nate
Are you talking about front or rears? Rears are the same, but the fronts are different.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hobbipro
You may have to adjust the motor timing on the Mamba software but otherwise should work fine.
Should I advance or retard the timing? What causes that and how would I know which way to go? What effects should I be looking for?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.