Wiki Posts
Search

Losi xxx-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The 7.5 is a front outer.

All of them are listed on the XXX-4 exploded diagram under the "Optional Parts".

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/x...plodedView.pdf

I love me some exploded parts diagrams.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I believe that all the main pivots are still available in alum.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

and actually I just located the rear inner pivots.. so the only ones not available are the front inner alum.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

The front 7.5 degree isn't available. It is listed in some catalogs still but they all show as out of stock when you try and add it to your cart.

I know because I tried. If one went in I was gonna stock up.

If you want to hunt around the part number is LOSA9672. If you find someone who has it let us know.

And I have already rummaged through Roger's XXX-4 parts peg. None there.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Pull this guys card!

He's an eyesore to the forums.

Mr. Negative

Anyone else agree? We should be over this stuff.

So let me get this straight, A guy asks about which pinion to pick for his car. Drew gives him the formula to pick the FDR using any spur and pinion. The guy says thank for the help. You come in saying it makes your head hurt because Drew didn't spoon feed him the informatin you thought he should, so now you want him banned...wow that in itself makes my head hurt.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Enough of this stuff about Drew already, i dont see a problem, even though me and him had a little encounter in another thread its still all good , thats life, should keep this thread about the XXX4.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Initiate

My apologies, you are correct, we should keep on topic.

If anyone is looking for the 7.5 front pivot you might want to give P&T Hobbies in Indiana a call (812)849-6666. It's owned by Paul Weber, open on Wednesdays and Saturdays (except today). I saw he had two on the wall last time I was in the shop two weeks ago.

Before I got rid of my XXX-4 I was using the XXX-s front and rear pivots (-1 neg.) with standard XXX arms and XXCR (1 degree) hubs on the rear of the buggy. It felt smoother through our tracks washboards and I could take the corners tighter. Got the idea from Brandon Rohdes from his Worlds set up.

http://www.one-ten-rcforums.com/4wdr...pic.php?id=395
Old 11-24-2007, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Why do you think they would only discontinue one pivot block? (7.5)
I was under the impression that stormer still carried them, but I was wrong. The 7.5 must have been a slow seller maybe.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NJA82
Enough of this stuff about Drew already, i dont see a problem, even though me and him had a little encounter in another thread its still all good , thats life, should keep this thread about the XXX4.
Exactly. I have ZERO issue with NJA either. We had a disagreement. Life goes on and most people get over it.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by br93lx
So let me get this straight, A guy asks about which pinion to pick for his car. Drew gives him the formula to pick the FDR using any spur and pinion. The guy says thank for the help. You come in saying it makes your head hurt because Drew didn't spoon feed him the informatin you thought he should, so now you want him banned...wow that in itself makes my head hurt.

Here's my issue with the Drew:

One guy states that a loose slipper will wear out the pads.
Drew tells him no $#!t! Like he's some dumb a$$
Another guy starts talking about how he loves Losi.
Drew tells him if Losi put wheels on a piece of $#!t this Losi lover would buy it!
Tells another guy that he's basically an idiot if he thinks someone just wants to copy his gearing that was pretty dialed everywhere he runs. It was the same exact equipment that the other guy was asking about.
Who the F is this guy?
This was my first exposure to this arrogant, self righteous, negative remark spewing RC Tech member.

Me? Butthurt? Don't think so but he has probably experienced his share with an attitude like that. Remember the kid in the trashcan in school. Yeh, he mouthed off too!

I'm getting over it and some of his posts actually show that he does have experience in this hobby.
KEEP IT POSITIVE. We're here to learn and have fun, Sport.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Enlighten me on XXX-4 wheels. Will the B44 front/rears work on a XXX-4? I have been away from electric offroad for a long time and everything is different now.

From my experience with both the XXX-4 and BJ4 I ASSume they are the same but have never tried switching them back and forth.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah you can switch them out. A friend of mine let me try some tires he was running on his BJ4 on my X-5.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Drew you read my mind I was wondering the same thing since I am thinking about dumping my XXX-4 and getting the B44, nice to know I will at least have a few sets of buggy wheels already!
Old 12-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

I have to go tomorrow morning to do an alignment on my SP2 up at the hobby shop (Because the GF insisted that I NOT buy anything I had previously put on my Christmas list and my dumb ass put the setup station on without thinking). The owner has a BJ4. I'll take the Losi up and confirm the compatibility for you.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by br93lx
My apologies, you are correct, we should keep on topic.

If anyone is looking for the 7.5 front pivot you might want to give P&T Hobbies in Indiana a call (812)849-6666. It's owned by Paul Weber, open on Wednesdays and Saturdays (except today). I saw he had two on the wall last time I was in the shop two weeks ago.

Before I got rid of my XXX-4 I was using the XXX-s front and rear pivots (-1 neg.) with standard XXX arms and XXCR (1 degree) hubs on the rear of the buggy. It felt smoother through our tracks washboards and I could take the corners tighter. Got the idea from Brandon Rohdes from his Worlds set up.

http://www.one-ten-rcforums.com/4wdr...pic.php?id=395
looks good, i may have to try the xxxs pivots out, do the inner ones work as well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.