R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_wagon View Post
The losi needs lunsford turnbuckles, titanium ball studs, & heavey duty shock mounts. All of this stuff adds up to around $100 in parts. Not to mention their product support has gone down the crapper. 3 years ago you could get a new setup to try once a week. Now you get one setup & it isn't any good. I have actually decided to run an e-firestorm this summer because it looks like the best all around truck to me, I come up w/ my own setups now anyways. It's a pretty bad day for Losi when the parts quality of rtr hpis has surpassed losi. 8 years ago a losi roller meant one of the most complete & high quality kits available. Well, things have changed & I am moving on from Losi.
To an HPI? That shows how little you really know about racing.

I'm no Losi fan, and their quality has gone down a bit from the old day, but this Losi bashing has really gotten out of hand.

To even suggest that a RTR HPI is of better quality than a Losi kit is ridiculous.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:59 AM   #62
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
To an HPI? That shows how little you really know about racing.

I'm no Losi fan, and their quality has gone down a bit from the old day, but this Losi bashing has really gotten out of hand.

To even suggest that a RTR HPI is of better quality than a Losi kit is ridiculous.
quoted for truth.
FlyByWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
The losi needs lunsford turnbuckles, titanium ball studs, & heavey duty shock mounts. All of this stuff adds up to around $100 in parts. Not to mention their product support has gone down the crapper. 3 years ago you could get a new setup to try once a week. Now you get one setup & it isn't any good. I have actually decided to run an e-firestorm this summer because it looks like the best all around truck to me, I come up w/ my own setups now anyways. It's a pretty bad day for Losi when the parts quality of rtr hpis has surpassed losi. 8 years ago a losi roller meant one of the most complete & high quality kits available. Well, things have changed & I am moving on from Losi.
I do realize this is a open forum but the statements made are just plain stupid, so you are telling him he's stupid for buying a Losi truck and having to put money in it, was it your money did you choose to buy it give me a f'in break don't buy Losi who gives a crap i don't, but don't bash the guy for making that decision, Bye the way this was a discussion about the XXX-T CR not 1/8th scale buggies go bash another thread.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

I've been driving a xxx-ts & xxx-nts for the past 8 years. When you have owned one of each you can make the comparison. Untill then your argument is feudal.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've run Losi since the original XX and XXT. I've run the CR upgrades, GTX (do you even know what that is), NXT, XXX, XXXT, etc...

Your argument of an HPI being a better race truck than a XXXT CR is ridiculous and entirely without merit. If you have owned so many Losi cars, you should know this.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:37 PM   #66
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
You talk nonsense......

How many mains have you won with yer Firestorm ?

I have been beaten by many losi drivers but never a hpi driver on a off road track.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:39 PM   #67
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This thread reminds me of one were the kid says he could beat anyone with a Traxxas Rustler
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #68
Tech Elite

The e-firestorm is a t-4 clone w/ all the right mods for running mod. If you have owned so many losis then you should realize their race support & parts quality has gone way down from what it used to be. Its funny how 15 years ago people were taking losis & converting them into nitros. Now 15 years later people are trying to take nitro platforms & convert them to electrics. The xx series cars were light years ahead of the b2. However the associated drivers would still smoke the losi drivers when the xx cars started to show up because they were better drivers. I am quite confident that if hotbodies drivers decided to start running the firestorm they could consistantly qualify very well.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
I've been driving a xxx-ts & xxx-nts for the past 8 years. When you have owned one of each you can make the comparison. Untill then your argument is feudal.
So whats that have to do with this subject i own three XXX trucks and a mini t so since i dont own a NT i dont have a foot to stand on?
Old 04-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #70
Tech Elite

If you don't own a xxx-t & a e-firestorm then how can you compare the parts quality of the two trucks? If you don't own an e-firestorm & don't have a vast amount of setup experience then how can you judge its raceabillity. Losi is no longer owned by the same people who built it into a racing franchise. If they are not going to offer race support to the electric market then I don't see much point in supporting them any longer. There was once a time when you could send new drivers to losis web page once a week untill they found a drivers setup that fit their driving style. Now you can go there & get a single bad setup.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #71
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You got a bad kit, should sent it back for a new kit plain and simple.
Associated , losi , hpi there all cars and are only good as there driver.
On a side note did you think Gil Losi actually watched over everything going on in the xxxt lines. Whats probably happen here is it was outsourced to china like most kits are, then the chinese out sourced it again to another
chinese company. Something Manufactures are seeing more of . This in turn
cause a little quality problem . I own the xxxt-cr, my son xxxt both have
held up good , other than the rear turn buckle area , not the hub it self.
But you can blame this problem on the operator , not the car.
Dynodann22
dynodan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Companies like losi have seen their parts quality drop while companies such as xray have set new bars in terms of parts quality.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Quote:
Companies like losi have seen their parts quality drop while companies such as xray have set new bars in terms of parts quality.
we'll see how that pans out if they even start making 1/10 electric off road stuff for us

until they do, they're not even competition for losi or AE

x-ray's 1/8 stuff and on road stuff has a good reputation, but for all anyone knows they could completely drop the ball and make junk for 1/10 offroad, or they could make great stuff.... we won't know for some time

all I know is if they do start making stuff for 1/10 offroad, get ready for a $300 2wd buggy kit
artie's liver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #74
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Define prts quality? The fit and finish . The holding power and longtevity.
The packaging. I put a entire xxxt-cr kit together , did not have one problem
with it . Now granted you may had a problem no one denies you that .
But your one problem does not define entire line of cars as being poor quality.
I have no allegiance as a racer , I just started this sport 4 months ago .
Xray may well have a great quality , what about parts support , availabilty.
Also over time they will cheapen it up if they want more market share.
I remember when I was a kid , my brother had a Kyosho, nice car,but he could never get parts from it at the hobby store. Kyosho had crap service for the hobby shop , thats it not poor quality just poor service.
I think it never helps a hobby when folks call a brand poor in way unless
it happens across the board. Just cause Losi was boughten it doesn't make
them a poor product now. Designs are boughten and sold every day in the market. Let me ask this where did you buy the kit at ? I like losi , but I probably like a tamiya big rig to . I am easy to please . Because if there is
an issue usually I attempted to resolve it before spouting off about it.
By the way I am not trying to flame you or crap on your problems.
Dynodan22
dynodan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #75
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynodan22 View Post
But your one problem does not define entire line of cars as being poor quality.
FlyByWire is offline   Reply With Quote